Profile for J. Pullman > Reviews

J. Pullman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light, 23 July 2012
I wanted to get a light for a kindle and am very pleased with this. It wasn't expensive and came with spare batteries which was a nice touch.

Symphony No.4/Nuits dEté (arr.for Chamber Orch.)
Symphony No.4/Nuits dEté (arr.for Chamber Orch.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful playing., 4 July 2012
This is a lovely version of Mahler's 4th symphony. The tiny size of the ensemble allows details to ping through and gives an totally different experience to listening to the full orchestral version. It reminds me of the Uri Caine recording of Wagner for cafe orchestra that he did, also live in Venice. Both brilliant CDs.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Total scam, 7 Dec. 2011
This is just a cut and paste job from articles available for free on wikipedia. This publisher has a terrible record of doing exactly the same thing for a variety of subjects and charging a lot of money for the end product, such as it is. Avoid at all costs.

ASUS K53SC-SX017V 15.6 inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-2410M (2.30GHz), RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but worth every thousand., 17 Nov. 2011
At over £104,000 this may not seem like the best deal in the world, but you won't regret it for a moment. Each key is a Swarowski crystal and on boot-up it plays 'I'm in the Money"; nice features that tell the world the kind of person they're dealing with. Don't think twice, extend the mortgage and buy this baby.

Homo Evolutis (Kindle Single) (TED Books)
Homo Evolutis (Kindle Single) (TED Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 9 Feb. 2011
This is a terrific read, packed full of facts and arguments. I found the presentation of it slightly off-putting though, lots of single sentences, changes in font size etc., but these niggles are more than made up for by the excellence of the content.

New Statesman
New Statesman

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly good., 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: New Statesman (Kindle Edition)
Update: The delivery issues have been sorted out and I've had excellent customer service from their subscription department. the new layout for magazines makes this easier to navigate. I'd still like some images though...

I'd love to be able to say that this was excellent, but I can't. It doesn't have any images, which while not being a disaster, means the Kindle version feels a bit cheap. The NY Times manages to provide images, so I'd love to see them incorporated into the New Statesman's Kindle offering. I'm also unsure how often it updates. I subscribed on Christmas day and the current issue is dated the 20th of Dec and as of the 2nd of Jan, there has been nothing new. Perhaps they take a break over Christmas, but otherwise I thought it was a weekly magazine.
Once images are added I'd be happy to add at least one more star.

Starfish (Rifters Trilogy)
Starfish (Rifters Trilogy)
by Peter Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars What a suprise., 15 April 2010
I bought this thinking I was going to be getting a throwaway, trashy sci-fi read for my holiday, but I was very wrong. It's a tremendous book that I found very difficult to put down. The ideas are fascinating and compelling and I read and enjoyed the following two books in the series with just as much pleasure.

Mythago Wood
Mythago Wood
by Robert Holdstock

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Mythago Wood (Paperback)
I first read this book many years ago, but I still come back to it. The ideas in it are fantastic. I can't recommend it enough.

Amethyst iPig iPod Speaker Dock - Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)
Amethyst iPig iPod Speaker Dock - Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound for the money., 9 Nov. 2009
Someone at work said they'd spent half an hour in a hi-fi shop trying out different docks and the best one was shaped like a pig. It seemed unlikely, but when I saw one I thought id give it a go and it's fantastic. For 1/4 of the price of a Bose dock, you get a really nice sound.

Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
by Garen Ewing

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous stuff, 29 July 2009
I got this today, and have rattled through it. It's essential reading for Tintin or Indiana Jones fans. Get back to work Mr. Ewing, I want the next volume!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3