Profile for Grace > Reviews

Looking For Alaska
Looking For Alaska
by John Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Looking For Alaska (Paperback)
I was very excited to read this, as I'd heard so many people praising the book, but I have to say, I was disappointed. I thought the main character had an interesting personality, and with that it had the potential to be a good book, but that didn't seem the case. Reading on, his personality seemed a bit everywhere, like he was confident, but not, badly behaved, but good, smart, but not smart and so on. I couldn't get a feel of him, and therefore didn't really care or relate to him. I found most of the other characters kind of dull, except maybe the colonel, but he still wasn't that great. Alaska, I found her character to be rather unbelievable, and highly dramatic/theatrical. She seemed the kind of character you'd see in a poorly acted play, or in a soap opera. It felt like she'd been done before, and there was nothing new to her.

I'd also say, that I never minded putting the book down. This story never really gripped me, and made me want to read on, and the only thing that did was my own determination. The ending didn't feel very conclusive, and didn't leave any last impact. To be fair, there were some parts that I enjoyed, and I think the idea of the love John Green was trying to get across was sweet, but I didn't feel it.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There are plenty of better books out there, and one I'd recommend is 'Perks of Being a Wallflower', because I bought these two books at the same time, and that is better by far.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Dec 2012
So so so good, I can't recommend it enough. As corny as it sounds, it has bits that make you laugh and cry, and it's VERY hard to put down. The characters are relatable and you really care about them, and the story stays with you after you finally close the book. I'd recommend this again and again, the only bad thing is that it's not longer!

Travalo Rapid Pump Fill Perfume Atomizer Bottle Jet Black
Travalo Rapid Pump Fill Perfume Atomizer Bottle Jet Black
Offered by Prestige Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Dec 2012
Great product! Perfect for on the go, or if your travelling and don't want to take your whole bottle of perfume. The only thing I'd say, is that sometimes it can be tricky getting the perfume in for the first time, but after a few go's it's easy! Definitely recommend it.