Profile for Dr. S. Rashid > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Naturally European Hand and Foot Collection, Rose Petal 75 ml - Pack of 2
Naturally European Hand and Foot Collection, Rose Petal 75 ml - Pack of 2
Offered by Gilt Edged Promotions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the smell of roses so this cream is my ..., 20 Dec. 2015
My hands are quite dry due to constant washing but a few applications of this cream makes the skin soft and pliable again. I love the smell of roses so this cream is my favourite hand cream.

Raven Calls (Walker Papers)
Raven Calls (Walker Papers)
by C E Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly good!, 3 Feb. 2013
I loved this book so much more than the previous ones. The way the Irish mythology was entwined in the plot was entrancing and it was breathtaking to see Joanne finally accept her powers and destiny. Also, am I really shallow to say I also loved the cover picture especially the thick woollen cardigan which added a touch or verisimilitude

Spirit Ladies Silver Bracelet Watch ASPL37
Spirit Ladies Silver Bracelet Watch ASPL37

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor value, 29 Feb. 2012
This watch was much bigger than it looked in the picture but also within a short time the colour began to rub off and then it started to malfunction. Stopped working within 3 months! I am not buying a Spirit watch again!

Out of Time
Out of Time
by Lynn Abbey

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the bad reviews!, 11 Jan. 2012
I had read a lot of bad reviews about this book but I read it anyway. I found it to be a refreshing on urban fiction and as a older woman myself, I did not mind that the heroine was let us say of mature years. I enjoyed the story and the writing. A well deserved 4 stars

Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi)
Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi)
by Linda Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Interlude!!, 11 Jan. 2012
Wicked Circle continues the story of Persephone several months after the events in the previous book. Persephone is urgently summoned by Menessos and she leaves her mother to return to Cleveland. Here she comes to face to face with the shabbubitum, the vampire-harpies. Various adventures and escapades follow and we are faced with an interesting complication from Johnny's former life. All in all, a totally breathtaking read. I regretted finishing this book so quickly as there are no further books out yet and I was left yearning to know how the story would unfold in the future.

Sympathy for the Devil
Sympathy for the Devil
by Justin Gustainis

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath taking read!, 31 July 2011
This review is from: Sympathy for the Devil (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Justin Gustainis and always await his books eagerly. I read Sympathy for the Devil in a few hours. I was unable to put the book down. As always there is a plot filled with action and demons but this book also showed a very human side to Quincy Morris. The plot is about how a Presidential candidate is possessed by a demon and deftly mixes magic and politics. I was sorry to finish the book and I can hardly wait for the next installment in the series.

Coronets and Steel
Coronets and Steel
by Sherwood Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars An Fabulous Read!, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Coronets and Steel (Hardcover)
I am a huge fan of Sherwood Smith so I was looking forward to the new book Coronets and Steel. I was not disappointed! It is a magical tale and although it has shades of Mary Stewart this does not detract from the book at all. I was spellbound as I read about Kim's adventures in Austria as she tries to unlock her heritage and meets 'Mr Darcy'. I was especially pleased by the indication that the story had not ended and there would be further books in the series. I can't wait!

The Diva Paints the Town (Domestic Diva Mysteries)
The Diva Paints the Town (Domestic Diva Mysteries)
by Krista Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 17 Jun. 2010
I have read all the books of this series and each one has been better than the last. In this book, Sophie is involved in the Rooms and Blooms exhibition and also has to help decorate a room in a show house. There are a lot of red herrings and animals scattered all over the pages interspaced with corpses and a hysterical Nina. Natasha, Sophie's rival, is her usual irritating self. And is Wolf interested in another woman?? The whole is delightfully chaotic. I can hardly wait for the next installment.

The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple)
The Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple)
by Agatha Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Mystery, 17 Jun. 2010
The Murder in the Vicarage is one of the most perfect mysteries ever written. It not only introduces Miss Jane Marple but also introduces the reader to Miss Marple's beloved village. Not only are you reading about an almost unsolvable mystery but you are also discovering the village life where Miss Marple has honed her detective skills.

Colonel Protheroe, a person universally disliked, has been murdered. Whilst we try to follow the plot and untangle the suspects, you can't help sympathising with the gentle vicar. You also can't help being amused by the industry of Inspector Slack. The main magic of this story lies in the charm of the village which is beautifully depicted. This is one of my favourite Agatha Christie mysteries and I re-read it every year. It never loses its enchantment.

The Rabbit Factory
The Rabbit Factory
by Marshall Karp

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 April 2010
This review is from: The Rabbit Factory (Paperback)
I bought this book influenced by the many recommendations. I can read almost anything but I couldn't read beyond the first 50 pages. I just was unable to connect with the book and gave it up as a bad job.

Page: 1 | 2