Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy "Dune1000" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
LCD Digital Kitchen Large Digit Timer Count-Down Up Clock Loud Alarm Black White (Black)
Offered by lanwow

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable clip, 26 Jan. 2016
The clip that holds the magnet at the back broke after a few uses. It is a bad design as the amount of plastic holding the clip is tiny and it is a matter of time before it breaks. It went to a charity bag and hopefully somebody will use it that has no need of the magnet.

Bocideal(TM) New Design LCD Digital Kitchen Cooking Timer Count-Down Loud Alarm (Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticky buttons after a few months, 26 Jan. 2016
Worked fine for a few months but now the buttons are sticky and unreliable. It looks nice and still works but it is rather annoying to use it now.

Crazy Jack Organic Ready to Eat Prunes 250 g (Pack of 3)
Crazy Jack Organic Ready to Eat Prunes 250 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ones!, 23 Jan. 2016
Nice and juicy! These have been my favorite prunes after trying a few more varieties.

Café Rene Crème Decaffeinated Coffee Pads (Pack of 1, Total 100 Coffee Pads)
Café Rene Crème Decaffeinated Coffee Pads (Pack of 1, Total 100 Coffee Pads)
Offered by Computerstar

1.0 out of 5 stars bitter and watery, 23 Jan. 2016
I'm not a coffee connoisseur but I can tell a bad coffee from a good one. This one certainly belongs to the first category. Did a blind tasting to my partner with three coffees (this one being one of the three) and it was by far the worse! It has a nice foamy finish but in terms of taste it is bitter and watery.

StarTech 2 Port Mini DisplayPort KVM Switch
StarTech 2 Port Mini DisplayPort KVM Switch

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not cope with 4k/60hz..., 23 Jan. 2016
Did not work with my 4k/60Hz monitor. It works for all other configurations with lower resolution and/or frame rate but not at 4k/60Hz as advertised. At 4k/60hz the screen would switch on and off at a rate of a few times a minute. All the cables were new from Amazon's own brand. If somebody has used this product in the 4k/60hz configuration, I'd appreciate a comment with your setup and I'll try it too (and happily upgrade the rating).

Paderno 41513-13 1.3 Litre Ice Bucket with Ice Tongs
Paderno 41513-13 1.3 Litre Ice Bucket with Ice Tongs

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the better ones, 13 Jan. 2016
Not bad. The outside is metal and the inside plastic which is nice. However, the metal is painted and not stainless steel.

Asus PB287Q 28 inch Widescreen Ultra HD 4K Monitor (100M:1, 300 cd/m2, 3840 x 2160, 1ms, DP/HDMI/MHL)

1.0 out of 5 stars Major issues with detecting external inputs, 13 Jan. 2016
After using this monitor for 6 months, initially loving it, now I hate it. Image quality and the visual part are excellent. Same is the stand, adjustable and convinient. However! There is a serious issue with waking up and detecting external inputs. The result is that I struggle to connect it as an external monitor. Tried three laptos (two Dells and an Acer) and sometimes works, more often it does not. The problem seems to be with the HDMI inputs. DisplayPort behaves more predictably. Having said that, there are minor issues with the DP. The computer will loose signal when it goes on standby. My solution to this is to keep the monitor & PC on all the time. However, connecting it with a laptop has been a nightmare.

If somebody has an advice or found a way to solve the issue, I'd be more than happy to increase my rating! However, as it is now I purchase this monitor so I can connect my work laptop and I cannot do it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2016 10:23 PM BST

BATTERY suitable for NIKON replacing EN-EL3e for D300s D 300s D 300 s
BATTERY suitable for NIKON replacing EN-EL3e for D300s D 300s D 300 s
Offered by MEXXTRONICS

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 6 Dec. 2015
This battery was given to me as new. As a comparison, I'd take 500 photos with the original Nikon battery which I have for 5-6 years now. WIth this one I struggle to take 50! It went from full capacity on my D90 to empty after 2 days and 50 photos. Not recommend it. Spend a few pounds more and get the original one.

Dunlop Max Comfort Breathable Design Gel Cushioning Perforated Heel Cups
Dunlop Max Comfort Breathable Design Gel Cushioning Perforated Heel Cups

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless. Don't waste your money., 6 Dec. 2015
Pretty much useless. The back of the hell pad is very deep while the front is paper thin. This made me feel like wearing high hills. Used them for a day and my ankles were hurting after that. One of the shot attentands of Sports World pushed them on me and I wish I could be bother to return them.

Hive Active Heating and Hot Water with Professional Installation
Hive Active Heating and Hot Water with Professional Installation

1.0 out of 5 stars Rarely works when out of the house., 27 Nov. 2015
The idea is brilliant but there is still a long way to go before making it a reliable thermostat. We have it now for 6 months and overall, only half of the times, when we are out of the house it works. In general if we are on the wifi of the house is ok-ish but if we are on the mobile internet of our phones, usually it does not work. It gets stuck at refreshing, or quite often it will forget the password and you will have to enter it again. During the last 7 days, we tried twice to turn it on while away from home and did not work. My advice is to wait a few more years until Hive and their competitors sort this out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2016 2:12 PM GMT