Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "michael021"

Waiting For My Rocket To Come
Waiting For My Rocket To Come

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing debut...looking forward to more of the same!, 28 Sept. 2003
Ok, where do I start? First thing I should say is you HAVE TO BUY THIS ALBUM. You’re obviously looking at these reviews to sway you one way or the other and let me assure you, there would be only a few things that will give you more pleasure when parting with £10-15!!
This album is basically a complete concoction of styles including country, rock, folk, pop and rap! Comparable to Jack Johnson, Vertical Horizon and possibly even some Matchbox20. Each song adds something a little bit different.All in all, a decent album. Go out and buy it and you won’t be disappointed. One of the only let downs is that there are no lyrics printed in the inlay card so you can’t sing along straight away!!

Offered by Global_Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Get his second album first...then if you like it...get this!, 13 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Aijuswannasing (Audio CD)
Musiq Soulchild has co-written and co-produced his first album and I am surprised he has not had more commercial success. His style is comparable to that of Stevie Wonder who he pays special thanks to in his credits.
His vocals glide smoothly through this album like a knife through warm butter. He has the ability to make the songs he’s singing all his own, with lyrics he seems to truly relate to.
In my opinion, this is more of a record that can be played as background music. There are no standout tracks as such, but each song adds its own specific quality to the album.
I have also purchased his second album, now under the guise of simply ‘Musiq’, which I feel offers slightly more. My recommendation is to buy the second album, called ‘Juslisen’, before this one. If you like what you hear, then ‘Aijuswanasing’ is a must – it’s chilled-out, smooth R&B!!

Nasty Little Thoughts

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like guitar-based, happy-go-lucky music...buy this!!, 23 July 2003
This review is from: Nasty Little Thoughts (Audio CD)
Although this album was released four years ago, I’ve only just discovered it. I am very happy I have though as I would now class it as one of my top five ‘summer’ albums. Even though the songs may be equally as uplifting in the winter months, this really does come into its own when the sun is shining!!
I would say that Stroke 9’s sound is a cross between Shed 7 and The Presidents of The United States of America. The guitar hooks in many of the songs have elements that just seem to make you smile at their catchy simplicity.
Of the 12 songs (nearly 48 mins), the only disappointing one is ‘Down’, which could have been taken off the album - or called ‘Let Down’!! I agree with the other reviews that have been made here: ‘Little Black Backpack’; ‘Tail of the Sun’; ‘City Life’; and ‘Letters’ are all amazing songs that you will want to play over and over again. However, the other songs by no means let this album become stale.
I’ve given this five stars as it is a well-rounded record that has tracks that, although standout, do not dominate the album and don’t take anything away from the other songs. If you like guitar-based, happy-go-lucky music, then buy this album!!

Offered by Global_Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album - but buy his second one first!, 29 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Aijuswannasing (Audio CD)
His vocals glide smoothly through this album like a knife through warm butter. He has the ability to make the songs he’s singing all his own, with lyrics he seems truly passionate about.
In my opinion, this is more of a record that can be played as background music. Standout tracks are: 'Just Friends'; 'Speechless'; and 'Girl Next Door' - but each song adds its own specific quality to the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars One sunny summer album!, 26 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Nasty Little Thoughts (Audio CD)
Although this album was released four years ago, I've only just discovered it. I am very happy I have though as I would now class it as one of my top five 'summer' albums. Even though the songs may be equally as uplifting in the winter months, this really does come into its own when the sun is shining!!
I would say that Stroke 9's sound is a cross between Shed 7 and The Presidents of The United States of America. The guitar hooks in many of the songs have elements that just seem to make you smile at their catchy simplicity.
Of the 12 songs (nearly 48 mins), the only disappointing one is 'Down', which could have been taken off the album - or called 'Let Down'!! I agree with the other reviews that have been made here: 'Little Black Backpack'; 'Tail of the Sun'; 'City Life'; and 'Letters' are all amazing songs that you will want to play over and over again. However, the other songs by no means let this album become stale.
I've given this five stars as it is a well-rounded record that has tracks that, although standout, do not dominate the album and don't take anything away from the other songs. If you like guitar-based, happy-go-lucky music, then buy this album!!