Profile for Nightwalker > Reviews

Content by Nightwalker

Nightwalker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
SPIGEN SGP Case Slim Armor Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Infinity White ((please be aware of FAKE items which sold next to SPIGEN, they are 100% counterfeit, no Warranty, No Quality)
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 15.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but bulky., 31 May 2013
I am a big fan of Spigen SGP screen protectors, they are the best I have used from the top end of the market. I thought I would try this case for my new Galaxy S4 as I like the idea of the hard shell back and rubber ends. While I found it to be of good quality, well fitting, and well made the sides are quite thick, it added quite a bulk to the already wide S4. Too much bulk for me, I thought from the name 'Slim Armor' it would be much thinner. I ended up sending it back, too chunky for me. Good product and would protect the phone well, but I am a careful user and wanted something wafer thin to keep the phone from getting scratched, not protect it from more rigorous use.

OMM Men's Vector Zip Top-Black Grey-M
OMM Men's Vector Zip Top-Black Grey-M

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, looks good., 31 May 2013
I ended up with a medium size in this top, most of my stuff is a small but while I found the small size well fitted round the chest the forearms were quite tight. The medium was better in the forearms and ok round the chest so I stuck with that. Its well made, slightly glossy technical fabric with some stretch to it. I have only worn it a few times so cant comment of the longevity of the print but having seen OMM kit before I have no reason to suspect it will be anything other than top quality gear that will last. My only advice, the forearms are cut quite tight so you may need to go up a size like I did.

Topeak Aero Wedge Strap Mount Seat Pack - Black/Silver, Medium
Topeak Aero Wedge Strap Mount Seat Pack - Black/Silver, Medium
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice., 11 April 2013
I really like this bag, it fits very securely, is easy to take off if I leave my bike anywhere, and feels well made. The strap on the back to attach my rear light to is very useful, a good bit of design. I believe its waterproof, not been out on a really wet day to test it yet! There are so many choices for this sort of bike bag out there, I am glad I went for this one, it ticks all the boxes!

Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor For Garmin Forerunner/Edge/Virb Elite/Montana/Oregon
Price: 32.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but needed some clever fitting., 11 April 2013
I guess if you after cadence data for your rides, and you already own a Garmin your choice is limited! I am primarily a runner, I have a Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS watch. I own a Trek DS 8.3 hybrid bike which I have been using quite a bit recently so I thought I would add a speed/cadence sensor to give me a bit more data from my rides. It arrived nice and quickly and has a reasonable set of instructions for fitting it. I found the required magnet positioning of <5mm on the crank sensor was just not going to be achievable on my bike due to the more 'mountain bike' style frame, the crank is quite a way from the rear frame stay. The spoke sensor was fine and lined up ok. I did some research, seems its a fairly common thing with this sensor unit (I am sure it was designed for a road bike frame). I ended up purchasing a neodymium rod magnet 10mm dia x 15mm long (just a strong magnet really) for about 3.50 on eBay (you can get them in just about any size easily). I then ditched the Garmin supplied crank magnet and stuck the new rod magnet to the end of the peddle spindle (it sticks on its own, magnetically, as the spindle is steel). It stays in place ok, been for lots of rides. This allowed me to line up the cadence sensor unit on the frame with around an 8mm gap to the new magnet (being more powerful than the original it trips the sensor ok). The spoke magnet was still fine, so I now had a fully working speed/cadence unit on my hybrid. Enabled pairing for it on my Forerunner watch and off I went. After a mile or so it had automatically calibrated the wheel circumference and that was that, been working a treat ever since.

Muc-Off Chain Doc
Muc-Off Chain Doc
Price: 17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Muc-Off Chain Doc (Automotive)
I am quite impressed with this chain cleaner. I have a Trek hybrid that is around 6 months old at the time of writing. The chain was pretty grotty, I oil it regularly but it was covered in fine grit and general muck. The chain cleaner attaches to the top of the spray can, I found it a little awkward to use but after a bit of perseverance managed to hold the can, the bike, pedal backwards by hand and spray the cleaning fluid all at the same time. In less than a minute I had a gleaming chain ready to oil up with some fresh lubricant. A little awkward to use but works a treat.

The Official Highway Code
The Official Highway Code
by Department for Transport
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Highway Code..., 27 Feb 2013
If you need a Highway Code, this is one! Make sure you get the latest version as they do revise it now and then.

TALA PLASTIC MEASURING SPOONS  SET 6 0/12
TALA PLASTIC MEASURING SPOONS SET 6 0/12
Offered by CKONE
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Feb 2013
These are really good, all the sizes I need to use with a Russell Hobbs break maker to measure ingredients. They don't look like the picture, the set I received are bright colours, not white. They seem well made though, I did throw away the plastic ring they come on as they looked and sounded like a baby rattle (plus I find them easier to use when they are separate).

Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes
Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes
Offered by hiwayhifi
Price: 60.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, makes good bread., 17 Feb 2013
I must confess I don’t know much about bread makers, never owned one before and never really looked into buying one until now. I did some research and read the reviews on a few sites. It seems there are 3 kinds, expensive ones that work well, cheap ones that work well and cheap ones that are rubbish. I wasn’t in the market for an expensive one so this Russell Hobbs seemed to look the right tool for the job. Well priced and the reviews say it works well. Having owned it for a week now I have made 2 brown loafs in it, both turned out well and are very tasty. I think it’s a great piece of kit; the instructions are easy to follow, the settings on the machine easy to configure, put the ingredients in and that’s it, you just wait for it to beep when the bread is ready. You will need some scales and measuring spoons to get your ingredients right (the bread maker doesn’t come with any extra stuff) but I guess most people have this sort of thing already. I am very happy with the results, the break maker does a good job and was well priced. It has enough in the way of different bread programs and features, including a time delay function that I can’t see me needing to upgrade for a long time to come.

Between the Lines: My Autobiography
Between the Lines: My Autobiography
by Victoria Pendleton

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read., 14 Feb 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Victoria Pendleton's book. She is very open and honest about some very personal aspects of her life, a woman that struggled with the life she found herself in. As the story goes on she grows in strength, both physically and mentally to become the world class rider that led the pack in her chosen sport for many years. Some inside views on British Cycling and the changes that have happened over the years, and an idea of the commitment you need to make to be at the top of your game. Lots of focus on events and races, this sometimes goes on a few pages too long but the balance of the book is overall very good. After reading the book I watched the BBC documentary 'Victoria Pendleton Cycling's Golden Girl' (you can find it on YouTube). It put some faces to names and nicely complemented the book. A really good read, an honest insight into one of Britain's great sports women.

UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
Offered by Sharron.l
Price: 0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong!, 27 Dec 2012
Need to measure a finger for a ring? You can't go wrong. Cheap and easy to use. I guess you could go into a shop and be measured and to be honest I probably would if I were spending a lot on a ring but if like me you want to order a ring from the internet this is just the job to make sure you order the right size.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5