Profile for Mikael Jonsson > Reviews

The Pogues In Paris - 30th Anniversary Concert At The Olympia
The Pogues In Paris - 30th Anniversary Concert At The Olympia
Price: 22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 25 Aug 2013
This was a lot better than expected! Those of you who've kept up with MacGowan through the years know what i'm saying. Some shows has been dreadful. This one, however, I was a bit amazed of how clear Shane was, and kept up well with the band.
They are having a lot of fun on the stage and the Concert is a blast.
The bonus material is also very good, it shows Pogues in their prime

Well worth the price, if you like the Pogues (who does'nt?) it's no question about it.

More Pricks Than Kicks
More Pricks Than Kicks
by Samuel Beckett
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it., 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: More Pricks Than Kicks (Paperback)
I liked this book. This was the first i've read of Samuel Beckett , and I can say that no-one writes like Beckett, unique style, even though i know this was compared to James Joyce's Dubliners upon release. I guess it's because the style was concidered "modern" at the time. If i compare the two i liked Dubliners more as a whole, but the writing is funny in this, one thing i remembered most from this was an insult from "A Wet Night" , one of the weirdest ones i've read "You bore me more than an infant prodigy".

"A Wet Night" was a bit hard for me to read, since english is not my first language, Beckett used a lot of words i've never heard before, and i read quite a lot of English language books. The preface tells a lot of background, and Beckett first was against re-releasing it, and i can agree. As i said, this is the first book i've read of Beckett, but i can see that his language is unique, and i am sure it will develop further in his later books, i will read his other works.

The first story, "Dante and the Lobster" was also the best one, some of the other storys seem confusing to me.

As for the quality of the printing: It's what to expect in a paperback copy, a bit better than that actually, as it "says in shape" after i've read it. Sturdy copy.

Mutiny / Bad Seed [VINYL]
Mutiny / Bad Seed [VINYL]
Price: 39.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colours!, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mutiny / Bad Seed [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Not much more to say, the album itself is a masterpiece, the remaster sounds great!
I don't have expensive hi-fi equipment, but as much as I can say it's great.
And to own one of the limited editions is a thing in itself.
I put down the exact same review for this as the black vinyl ones,
I felt i wanted to own one of each for some reason.

Very beautiful colours of the vinyl itself.

Mutiny!-The Bad Seed -2lp-7'' [VINYL]
Mutiny!-The Bad Seed -2lp-7'' [VINYL]
Price: 36.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 25 Aug 2013
I don't have expensive hi-fi equipment, but as much as I can say it's great.
And to own one of the limited editions is a thing in itself.

The Complete Novels of James Joyce (Wordsworth Library Collection)
The Complete Novels of James Joyce (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by James Joyce
Price: 10.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Review relevant to product only, 8 Aug 2013
Since Joyce is Joyce.
My book was in quite a bad state when i got it.
It looked like it was slightly water-damaged with "bulbous" pages.
The pages are mis-coloured on the green-side it has big splashes of blue.
This does not affect the text within,and i have no trouble turning the pages but this was a new Product and it looked used and beaten up.
I was probably only bad luck for me.

It is still a great deal to get 1500 pages of James Joyce for 8 Pounds.
A good gift if your copy is flawless, mine would be useless as a gift.

SC-1103-GLD Suvorna Ador Professional Whitehead Cleaner / Acne Remover & Comedone Extractor Gold Plated With Carrying Pouch
Offered by trend-i tech ltd
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me at all, 24 May 2013
This was, for me, a complete waste of money. Did not work for me at all.
I have sensitive skin, and it did leave marks on my nose, not for that long but still.

I say this is "fancy crap". Don't bother.

Real a Lie [7" VINYL]
Real a Lie [7" VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Real a Lie [7" VINYL] (Vinyl)
Melissa Always delivers quality in my opinion, why else would i buy a single?
Not much more to say, the sound quality is fine - i thought that it was bad sounding at first but that was a technical problem on my side.

5 Star Permanent Marker Fine 0.8mm Line Black Ref K90-01 [Pack of 10]
5 Star Permanent Marker Fine 0.8mm Line Black Ref K90-01 [Pack of 10]
Offered by Fuzion
Price: 11.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for canvas, 20 April 2013
I use these when i paint on canvas, works great. They are cheap and you can use it without problems in consistency in colour. They don't last very long though, the tip gets tared up when i used them a few times on large canvases, but im probably to blame for that since i press down hard both when i paint and write. I will continue to buy these, they are cheap and works on a lot of surfaces, obviously not on thin paper, it is, after all a permanent marker!

Not good if you want great precision, but who buys 0.8mm pens for that?

Price: 6.91

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Grinderman 2 (Audio CD)
I was so disappointed when i first heard this album, i close to hated this album.
After i'd heard it more times i can say that it's not all that awful,
and if i split the tracks into three categories i would say:

Great tracks: Heathen Child, Palaces of Montezuma

Alright tracks: When My Baby Comes, Worm Tamer, Mickey Mouse and The Goodbye Man & Bellringer Blues

Bad tracks: What I Know, Evil & Kitchenette.

That's right, i said bad tracks! I have really tried to like those, but i can't.
Im thankful for The Bad Seeds new album, "Push The Sky Away", it's great, so now i can almost just forget about this album.

Only worth the money if you find it cheap, but i must say that the vinyl is gorgeous!
I love all of Nick Cave's work, except these three:

Murder Ballads
Nocturama

Of course, these albums have exceptions,examples of that is Henry Lee (PJ Harvey is always wonderful) and Stagger Lee, but Murder Ballads and Grinderman 2 are insanely uneven, Nocturama is alright, but not much more.

Handsome
Handsome

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: Handsome (Audio CD)
This is a great album, Rough Kids is great - but even better when live!
Can be seen on the DVD, "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll & Other Assorted Glimpses".

It's quite a bit different from "Boots & Panties" - this is more confused mixture of rock & roll, rock, funk & on one song even Spanish guitar! (Back To Blighty, could be a sampling of Segovia? If it's not, you get the reference anyway).

My favorite's from this album is Rough Kids, Crippled With Nerves, Pam's Moods & Twenty Tiny Fingers, i can only imagine how great this band was live, not much documented, as far as i know.

Recommended!

If you, like I, is stuck on Ian Dury, the biography by Will Birch is highly recommended as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3