Profile for V Concerned > Reviews

Content by V Concerned

V Concerned

Ten Apples Up on Top! (Green Back Books)
Ten Apples Up on Top! (Green Back Books)
by Dr. Seuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Apples up on top of Amazon, they will not let one drop!, 15 May 2013
Just a fabulous book. My children adored it. Got through several copies, they were so worn out. Truth is, I still love it.

My kids are grown up now. All went or are going to great universities. Books like these gave them a terrific start.

One is doing a PhD, one is doing a Masters, the other an undergraduate. So far they've racked up two first class degrees, fingers crossed for a third!

Their entire education was paid for by the State, by taxation. If you buy this book here from Amazon, they will pay not a penny of it back into the pot that pays to educate our kids in future, providing a decent education to those of us that can't afford private schooling.

So please, this iconic book is available everywhere, on the high street, in british book stores struggling to stay afloat, that pay their taxes.

For the sake of the children you want to read this to, don't buy it from Amazon.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel (Book 7)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel (Book 7)
by Jeff Kinney

1.0 out of 5 stars A Giant But ...., 5 Dec. 2012
Don't get me wrong. The book is great. Why else would it be so high on the bestseller list? But the company selling it is morally ambiguous, and although I believe what they are doing is legal, but they clearly don't pay their fair share, and are putting our domestic industries out of business, emptying our high streets, cutting the amount of money available for schools and hospitals. Lovely book, buy it, just not here!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 3:07 PM GMT

My Animals and Other Family
My Animals and Other Family
by Clare Balding

1.0 out of 5 stars Clare Fails Abysmally Here, 4 Dec. 2012
Ok, perhaps not elsewhere. This woman is fantastic. The way she's taken criticism on the chin, and emerged as a National Treasure through the 2012 Olympics. Her journey is heartwarming, as this book sets out in some detail, and the struggles she's had are well detailed here. No, Clare is a National Treasure, and she is well loved. But if we care so much about National Treasures, why would people want to buy the book on this site, given that the company selling it does not pay an honest share of the income from sales into the national coffers? So if you love your National Treasures, like a health service, roads, schools and hospitals, then why not buy this fantastic book somewhere on the British high street, from shops which pay their share and which are being put out of business by this morally ambiguous company that evades honestly paying up (albeit legally) by siphoning off its income through low tax companies in Europe. Save our National Treasures, like lovely Clare, and your local hospital. Knowing how Clare cares about others, I rather think she'd rather you bought this book from a company who paid tax to support those in our society in need too. Buy this excellent book - somewhere else!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2013 1:15 PM BST

Cheryl: My Story
Cheryl: My Story
by Cheryl Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous - but not for me, at least not here!, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Cheryl: My Story (Hardcover)
I don't like Cheryl's music. But that's not what this is about. Her journey is more important, as this book sets out in some detail, and the struggles she's had as a lass from the North East who's made good. No, Cheryl is a National Treasure, and she is well loved. But if we care so much about National Treasures, why would people want to buy the book on this site, given that the company selling it does not pay an honest share of the income from sales into the national coffers? So if you love your National Treasures, like a health service, roads, schools and hospitals, then why not buy this fantastic book somewhere on the British high street, from shops which pay their share and which are being put out of business by this morally ambiguous company that evades honestly paying up (albeit legally) by siphoning off its income through low tax companies in Europe. Save our National Treasures, like lovely Cheryl, and your local hospital. I know Cheryl Cares, she supports young disadvantaged people with her charity work, so I think she'd rather you bought this book from a company who paid tax to support those in our society in need too. Buy this excellent book - somewhere else!

Rod: The Autobiography
Rod: The Autobiography
by Rod Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars I Am Sailing - Elsewhere, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Rod: The Autobiography (Hardcover)
I don't like Rod's music. But that's not what this is about. Rod's journey is more important, as this book sets out in some detail, and he comes Sailing Through. No, Rod is a National Treasure, and he is well loved. But if we care so much about National Treasures, why would people want to buy the book on this site, given that the company selling it does not pay an honest share of the income from sales into the national coffers? So if you love your National Treasures, like a health service, roads, schools and hospitals, then why not buy this fantastic book somewhere on the British high street, from shops which pay their share and which are being put out of business by this morally ambiguous company that evades honestly paying up (albeit legally) by siphoning off its income through low tax companies in Europe. Save our National Treasures, like Rod Stewart, and your local hospital. I Am Sailing, We Are Sailing, Stormy Waters. Buy this excellent book - somewhere else!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 1:00 AM BST

Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
Bradley Wiggins: My Time: An Autobiography
by Bradley Wiggins

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails the Road Test, 4 Dec. 2012
I love cycling. I have a Specialized Sirrus Pro with Carbon forks, yeah, and I love the road. I love Bradley, he is a National Treasure. But if we care so much about National Treasures, why would people want to buy the book on this site, given that the company selling it pays hardly pays any honest share of the incomes from sales into the national coffers? So if you love your National Treasures, like a health service, roads, schools and hospitals, then why not buy this fantastic book somewhere on the British high street, shops which pay their share and which are being put out of business by this morally ambiguous company that evades honestly paying up (albeit legally) by siphoning off its income through low tax companies in Europe. Save our National Treasures, like Miranda and your local hospital. Buy this book - somewhere else!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2013 11:27 AM GMT

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?
by Miranda Hart

1.0 out of 5 stars National Treasure, so a little shocking, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Is It Just Me? (Hardcover)
This book is by a National Treasure, Miranda Hart. I love everything about her acting, her persona and this book is extremely good. But if we care so much about National Treasures, why would people want to buy the book on this site, given that the company selling it pays hardly pays any honest share of the incomes from sales into the national coffers? So if you love your National Treasures, like a health service, roads, schools and hospitals, then why not buy this fantastic book somewhere on the British high street, shops which pay their share and which are being put out of business by this morally ambiguous company that evades honestly paying its share (albeit legally) by siphoning of its income through low tax companies in Europe. Save our National Treasures, like Miranda and your local hospital. Buy this book - somewhere else!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 8:53 AM GMT

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Jamie's reviews but, 4 Dec. 2012
I love Jamie's cookbooks - I've cooked out of them for years. Jamie is also someone who really cares about others, and his country, so I think it's a terrible shame for him that his book is being sold here, by an organisation that fails to pay its fair share towards our roads, schools and hospitals, and drives honest local british firms, that Jamie would otherwise support, out of business. So why not buy this great book by a great guy, but for the sake of all of us, don't buy it here. Buy it from your local retailer, who pays his or her due.