Profile for Scottie > Reviews

Content by Scottie

Scottie (North East England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Kings Of Leon The Night Premium Guitar Picks x 5 Medium
Kings Of Leon The Night Premium Guitar Picks x 5 Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars They'll pluck the strings I suppose..., 2 Feb 2011
As far as picks go - they'll do the job but the artwork goes they look poor and a bit amateur.

Hanes Fit-T Short-Sleeve, Olive, M
Hanes Fit-T Short-Sleeve, Olive, M

3.0 out of 5 stars Not right for my bodyshape..., 17 Aug 2010
These shirts seem to be made using quality fabric and have a great selection of colours but the fit is very specific. I wear very fitted T-shirts all the time so was interested in these because of the low price and choice of colours. The body fitted nice and snug but the arms seemed a bit loose and the shoulder hem sagged on the top. If you have a very slim body and quite big arms these might work for you but in my opinion they are more like a normal t-shirt in a size smaller than you would typically buy.

Trying one out is the only way to be sure.

HM Armed Forces Back Pack with Water Bottle
HM Armed Forces Back Pack with Water Bottle

4.0 out of 5 stars Adventure Time!, 17 Aug 2010
This Soldier style back pack went down a storm with my 4 year old Godson. He has a great imagination and loves adventure play outdoors, As a stand alone toy it is a bit limited - I would recommend the H.M. Forces Field Equipment pack as the perfect partner. It contains a compass, map, signal torch, camo face paint and a large leaf camo net - Everything your child will need for some serious scouting and recon missions in the jungle!

The adjustable straps mean this toy should last my godson through at least another 5 years of growth and the materials and construction look as if they will last too. It could even be used as a school/lunch bag I suppose. The only thing I wouldn't say is that it's good enough for serious walking/camping/hiking. It's just a toy after all and probably isn't waterproof or supportive enough to carry weight over long periods.

The Incredible Hulk [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Incredible Hulk [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Edward Norton

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the first one..., 9 May 2010
I must admit that after seeing the 2003 Hulk movie I decided to avoid this like the plague... I later found out I was very wrong to do so after watching the DVD at a friend's house. It left me wishing I had seen it on the big screen so the only thing left to do was unleash the power of Blu-Ray. This looks great in Hi-Def, the effects are stunning the plot is very good and the new cast are outstanding - all praise to Edward Norton for this turn around performance as Bruce Banner. In fact this film does a great job across the board and has been made in a way that makes the first installment completely redundant (so just skip it and come to this one).

Be you a comic book fan like myself or just a lover of good action/sci-fi this will do the job. It is the first example of Marvel taking control of their movie franchises after much fan dissatisfaction from the Spiderman and X-men trilogies, the completely overlooked DareDevil and the terrible Elektra movie and takes it's place with the new breed of Marvel controlled releases like Iron Man.

***SPOILER ALERT*** Don't read any further if you don't want to have some of the surprises unveiled... This plot follows Bruce Banner as he tries to keep a low profile whilst desperately attempting to control his condition and ultimately find a cure. Nice tips of the hat to Captain America's origin - the Super Soldier program. Also a very interesting little cameo at the very end from none other than Tony Stark!

Tim Roth plays a good part as British Special Forces operative Emile Blonsky, Liv Tyler adds heartache as Banners would be love Betty and Norton has Banner down to a T.

I watched this film with very low expectations and was very surprised but many viewings later still enjoy this movie very much. In my opinion there is nothing to dislike about it - very entertaining, exciting and well executed. I especially recommend it to fans of the Iron Man movies but think most people who like action/adventure would enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7