Profile for CassieS > Reviews

2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook
2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook
by Leonie Dawson

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 25 Jan 2014
I have given this workbook 2 stars rather than 1 because perhaps I have myself to blame for buying it. I saw the word "business" (and the cover) and assumed incorrectly that this workbook was, at least partly, aimed at female professionals wanting to invigorate their business and reassess finances, attitudes, etc. Had I reviewed the "About the author" comments about "gifted goddess" and "goddess woman" in more detail I would have realised this was not for me. It seems that some people have got a lot out of this book from reading the reviews but I was looking for something very different. The writer has pages of boxes with space to fill in with, for example, your own inspirational mottos or a description of your "dreamiest day that you would love to happen this year." I think that the "Look inside" option needs to have more pages to view especially as the price tag is very high (£15.38) to ensure that the buyer knows what they are getting.
I'm sure this workbook is helpful to some people but the product description needs to make its target audience more clear to minimise disappointment. But hey, it's a "Yearly Bestseller" so who knows?

Enid Blyton Circus Collection 3 in 1 (Circus Adventures)
Enid Blyton Circus Collection 3 in 1 (Circus Adventures)
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Enid Blyton Collection, 28 Sep 2013
I bought this for my niece and she thoroughly enjoyed reading it with her mum. Next, The Faraway Tree for Christmas.

Wonder (Adult edition)
Wonder (Adult edition)
by R J Palacio

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wonder (Adult edition) (Paperback)
Full of wonder! I found this to be a great book, well written with believable characters. I would recommend this to anyone, just beautiful.

Burn Notice - Season 5 [DVD] [NTSC]
Burn Notice - Season 5 [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jeffrey Donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, 6 April 2013
Such a great series with wonderful writing and great performances from the cast. The quality is maintained from each season and the ending is once again a real cliffhanger.

Hama AHA 17.3-inch Notebook Messenger Bag - Scroll
Hama AHA 17.3-inch Notebook Messenger Bag - Scroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the laptop, 6 April 2013
Great bag with compartments that you fit a lot into. Great to finally find a bag that fits a 17.3 inch laptop in, most are for smaller laptops.

Mains Home Plug Wall Charger Lead Cable in Black - CE Certified - Compatible with ALL Apple iPods & iPhone 3GS 3G S 4G 4S iPod Touch iTouch Nano

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 6 April 2013
good price for a basic mains homeplug wall charger - I would buy it again, it does the job well.

Real Housewives of New York: Season 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Real Housewives of New York: Season 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Kelly Bensimon
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive franchise, 6 April 2013
Loved the show on ITV2, love it in DVD form. Very reasonable price compared to other sellers on other shopping sites.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 64GB USB Flash Drive - Green
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 64GB USB Flash Drive - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, 6 April 2013
Great price for this memory stick - small, compact, easy to use and doesn't have a lid you can lose.

Shameless (USA) - Season 1 [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Shameless (USA) - Season 1 [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ William H. Macy

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, 9 Feb 2013
I have never seen the original UK version of Shameless so I can't compare, but I found the US Shameless to be an excellent show. Great acting, great writing, dark, funny, moving - a quality show which I expected when I saw that William H,Macy was involved. Waiting for season 2 on DVD now.

The Office - An American Workplace - Season 6 [DVD]
The Office - An American Workplace - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Carrell

4.0 out of 5 stars still a good show, 9 Feb 2013
Okay, so it's not Office as we know it, it's not up there with the best seasons but it is still a good show. Some episodes have to be seen to be believed - Dwight throwing the garden party for instance! Catherine Tate is actually quite good but overused. for me James Spader's character didn't quite gel but others may disagree. The quality of writing and acting is still there but Steve Carrell is missed. I'm glad there is another series to tie everything up and give the show the send off it deserves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3