Profile for Stephen Luff > Reviews

Content by Stephen Luff

Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger
Braun Series 9 9095CC Wet/Dry Electric Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very classy Electric razor, 29 July 2015
Length:: 4:40 Mins

I received this Razor to review. I've tested quite a few in the past. This one shouts out "different league" as soon as you open the box. It is just a lovely well-crafted bit of engineering. It's smart, elegant and very likeable. So I created a video to honour it with a bit more effort on my part.

Coding For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Coding For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Nikhil Abraham

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good beginners programming book, 29 July 2015
Length:: 2:33 Mins

I feel this is a genuine beginners programming book. It starts of really simple and the layout is inviting. I'm keen to dip my toe in once more to programming and go through this book as a refresher and get myself up to date with newer programming languages.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 5 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. One of the big Anti-virus softwares out there., 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good Product. A first I didn't know if I would use the 5 user licence but once I realised it will work on my tablets and phones(android) then the multi-user licence makes a lot of sense.
I feel the ant-virus software of the bigger brands is much more stable now. They are quite similar and this one is one of the big brands now. Install it and stop worrying. Just be sure to un-tick the items you don't want. Money-safe can get annoying when blocking payments with paypal.

FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
FORZA Multivitamin for Dieters
Offered by HouseOfBeauty

3.0 out of 5 stars It's average in terms of Vitamins and Minerals supplied, but comes with useful booklet., 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product was given to my girlfriend to review as she is a nutritionist.

It appears that the Marketing is directed at young women with lots of pinks, including the capsules.

It has a very informative booklet that explains the basic principles of dieting. It comes with recipes, diet journal and general information on food labelling.

The daily amount of each vitamin and mineral supplied per capsule is average. It does have a good amount of vitamin B12, though it
would have been good to also include folic acid and iodine as it is aimed at young women in their reproductive years.

It's suitable for vegetarians and it's also gluten-free.

There is useful information on the back of the box highlighting the function of the various key vitamins.

It's also clearly indicted that it is not a slimming product which is responsible marketing.

LG G4 Case, Spigen® [Resilient] LG G4 Case Impact Protection **NEW** [Rugged Armor] [Black] Ultimate protection from drops and impacts for LG G4 (2015) - Black (SGP11516)
Offered by Spigen UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for first protection cover., 7 Jun. 2015
This is a great case. It feels good in the hand too. It will pull the lg cover off when you take the cover off but that's a common event with any tight-fitting protective cover. If you want a cover ASAP look no further this will protect your phone from scratches.
For added protection for the screen and camera I place it in a side opening hip holster pouch.
That one two combo offers full protection.

Osomount 360 Flex Universal In-Car Dashboard Windscreen Mount Holder for Smartphones
Offered by Zero 50 Retail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever tried, 1 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is no surprise that everyone is saying the same thing about this in car phone clamp. Its brilliant.
In today's climate there are some very expensive Phones out there. The last thing you need is the phone popping out of the clamp, or the more popular variety: clamp-unlocking for its final voyage.

I feel very confident with this clamp. Its also really compact. I can finally position my clamp exactly where I want it. My final resting place is a curve on my dashboard.

I hope to add to this review with a video.

Wahoo Workout Tracker with Memory - Blue
Wahoo Workout Tracker with Memory - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so far on a cycle and Meditation, on maximum looseness it stayed in place., 7 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I requested this I did a quick glance at the product and initially thought it was a wrist worn workout tracker!! But despite this I was really looking forward to tracking my heart rate in the gym with heavy weights, cycling, on the track while sprinting and my longer normal runs.

I meditate as well and I thought it would be quite cool to have the phone in front of me and track my heartbeat to see if it slows down after a while.

I have tried this tracker so far on a cycle and a Meditation with it on maximum looseness. I'm a 42" Chest and with the strap tightened to 3cm from the end it felt really tight, but maximum looseness it's a lot more comfortable.

On the box it shows the endomondo app symbol as one of the major running apps it connects to. Yet when I tried to get it to link up, it had some of the other running apps but not endomondo. So this would mean I'd have to use their own running app which then doesn't tie back to my endomondo stats.

This is my second pass at giving my feedback. I still need to trial it at the gym and while running. I initially gave it 3 stars but it appears to stay in place quite loose.

Update 14.05.15

Thanks to a comment below I persevered and got my HTC one m8(android) phone to link up the endomondo fitness app. It's a bit fiddly but essentially you need to link the device within the endomondo app, you then get an option to search for Bluetooth devices and then it pairs up.

I was then able to cross-test the wahoo app's heartbeats per minute with the endomondo app. You'd expect the same reading wouldn't you? But they differed. The endomondo was about 3 beats higher. So which one is right? Is endomondo inflating to get the calories burned more encouraging or is wahoo trying to show you're fitter? I probably will side with the wahoo readings as it's their app and device and would imagine they did thorough testing for accurate readings.

The very great news for me is now endomondo is working with my android wear app on my Sony sw3 smart watch. So at a glance I can see my heartbeat. The smart watch doesn't turn off while exercising/meditating so you can just glance down and see the heart rate. So for this great reason the device moves from initially 3 stars to 5 stars.

Update 24-May-2015
------------------

Just adding some further uses for the tracker. I tried it out in a Tai Chi class and marketed it as yoga on Endomondo even though it was Tai Chi. With a duration of 49min average heartbeat at 86bpm with a maximum of 101bpm a total of 304cal were used and burned. Friday I normally do a quick cycle to the location so 107cal was burned in 8 minutes one way. Friday is 3 taught classes of Tai Chi, plus two cycles. Becomes a total of 1126 calories burned.

I was very surprised I burned as much as that in a class. It totally explains why I need a nap when I get back home in the afternoon!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2015 5:28 PM BST

Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
by Andy Harrington

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of great advice and ideas., 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little book for those that are perhaps self-employed or wish to become so. The whole book is using anything you've learned over the years and turning that into a useful informational product.
There is always plenty to learn if you are already attempting to develop a business with the skills you have.

Another useful point I'd like to Make is this book shows you how to find hidden gems that you might be over-looking.

I remember a friend of mine built outdoor decking for his home about 14 years ago. He learnt all about it from a video he watched.

So the person who decided to make that video has produced a successful product.

I created an achievable Tai Chi form for seated Tai Chi in 2005. After using it in many different environments I decided to Make a video of the standing version of it. I released that video in 2008 called "Beginner Tai Chi". I started martial arts at 9 years old in 1970. I began learning Tai Chi in 1985. That long period of practice and development enabled me to adapt to new situations like seated tai chi, front facing tai chi etc. The DVD is still selling well on Amazon uk.

But there is still other areas I need to develop, like running courses and getting across my latest developments.

I found this book full of new ways I could achieve that. So I'm looking forward to developing my skills further.

Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
by Jamie Smart

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the bigger book. More handy., 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought the original Clarity book when it first came out. I really liked it and went on to investigate the subject further. It ties in very nicely to meditation really. It's more a case of making sure you understand that the thoughts streaming into your mind are in many ways just like airwaves. So we can change channel, chose to switch off the airways or turn the sound down.

Another analogy is if you turn down the airwaves of one, another, more intuitive and wiser station can be heard. This one can bring great insights. Often though I find that there are a lot of mini insights, but collectively they add up to a lot of changes if you listen to them. It's the smaller ones that are too easy to forget or ignore.

This is a great inward journey. This is a lifetime journey not one to be taken likely. Not everything revealed will be pleasant. But in the end it will make a better version of yourself that can make life exciting and fulfilling again.

The smaller size of the book makes it a lot more inviting to carry around. It's updated a little bit to reflect the feedback from those who have read the first or attended courses in the past.

This is one book to have on your top shelf of books that you re-read often. When the books are smaller like this one they are even more appealing than a Kindle version in many ways. Moving away from a mini tablet, kindle or other reader enables you to focus singularly on the one topic at hand.

Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement
Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement

5.0 out of 5 stars An effective pre-workout drink., 25 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've not used a pre-workout drink before. I generally stay away from booster products while working out. I usually just take a diet coke or a Pepsi Max to my workouts for a caffeine boost. Gym workouts are anaerobic so fizzy drinks sipped during a workout is actually more stimulating than detrimental. So I was curious about this drink.
I needed to get myself a sports drink bottle as this drink is in powdered form. It has a full quota of amino acids, b6, b12 , folic acid, L-carnitine at 375 mg, caffeine 175mg.
The flavour is grapefruit and is a pink colour.
The taste is acceptable. I still take a diet coke along. I would say my energy is high during the workout, and having a normal non-fizzy proper workout drink feels good and I am drawn to drinking it during my workout.
For the price it's actually very reasonable. I don't go to the gym more than 2 times a week so 30 servings per container lasts quite a while.
I will try some of their other flavours they have.

update 09-06-2015

I tried the Apple flavour and I prefer it. So therefore, it's only fair that it cost £3.50 more than the others as it tastes better and its a good reason to squeeze out a few more pounds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20