Profile for Stephen Luff > Reviews

Content by Stephen Luff
Top Reviewer Ranking: 981

Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good and part of the top of the range, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While most of the tablets we've tried tend to do the job, these seemed to be able to not produce the cloudy effect that we tend to get on some of the other brands on glass. Other than that everything else works as we'd like and expect from the finish brand. These tablets are best to get on special when on offer. 74 does last us quite a while as we don't use the machine every day.

Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V
Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V

5.0 out of 5 stars light easy to use. Needs a compressor, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once I organised an Air Compressor for this product I was away with a small project to convert some pallets to some bike storage platforms for outdoors. It was light and easy to use. Look forward to my next project.

McAfee Internet Security 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]
McAfee Internet Security 2015 - 1 PC (PC) [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as last year's., 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am starting to feel more confident using McAfee again. It runs quietly in the background and gives the necessary protection required. I don't believe that any one product out there can stop everything. But as long as you double check your sources of downloading something it will keep things clean.
I've noticed a new trend of adverts appearing at the top of the search with a very authentic look of a product, but isn't. Google Chrome is a good example, some alternative links look and feel the same but then you've downloaded and installed a high jacked version of chrome, taking you to altered search engines to try and get money from the redirect.

iShoot PL-MIC02 Professional DSLR DV External Stereo Microphone
iShoot PL-MIC02 Professional DSLR DV External Stereo Microphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good microphone on par with my smartphone microphone., 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried out this microphone to work with a smartphone, to make YouTube videos. I compared the quality of the microphone to the in built microphone of my HTC m8. I could not hear a difference listening back through a good pair of headphones.
As I feel the video and audio of the HTC m8 is of a high standard, I give the microphone a 4 star. I've dropped one star as their was some static noise produced, but it came out on both microphones the same in both tests. Also, I was hoping it would be a bit better than my phone microphone, but wasn't.

Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect
Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect

2.0 out of 5 stars A Spotify mess that's costing me double subscriptions that are cancelled., 8 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this product with the hope that it wasn't tied into Spotify premium paid service. Unfortunately it is exclusively tied into Spotify paid service.

I tested the speaker out with a trial version of Spotify premium. It works extremely well. It is a seamless partnership. But I would prefer if I could use it with the free service. I use sound cloud. But had the speaker been free with this unit I would certainly have used Spotify a lot more at home and on my phone as I built up Spotify play lists.
Why 2 stars? Well I cancelled 2 trial accounts on Spotify before the 30 days, the one trial account was cancelled the same day, yet Spotify still charged me for a month and I presume will continue to do so until I manage to undo this mess, so I've paid £19.98 for the privilege of trialling this product.

31-01-2015 update:

As I subscribed paying with paypal I had options to raise a dispute over the payments. Spotify have completely ignored the dispute after 2 weeks and so I had to escalate it. They still not interested to even respond.

09-02-2015 update:

Spotify took a new payment out in February after I tried to cancel everything. So that was 3 payments. Fortunately I managed to resolve it via Spotify directly. So if you get a similar problem forget paypal as a resolution and rather try find the way to resolve through spotify.

Hufa Original Cap Clip for Lens - Red
Hufa Original Cap Clip for Lens - Red
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and useful, 22 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sometimes the simple small things are really useful. This is a very good item to keep the lens cap secure while our attention is fully taken up with all the camera and filming business at hand.

Philips LED Light Bulb (E27 Edison Screw 6W A60) - Warm White
Philips LED Light Bulb (E27 Edison Screw 6W A60) - Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 13 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I decided to slowly replace my bulbs with LED Lights. Standard fit really means there is no fuss or bother you just screw it in and switch it on.

I prefer the light that comes off it. I'm tired of this horrible dull yellow that comes off the other energy efficient bulbs. So I look forward to seeing a difference in winter on the light bills once I've replaced all the bulbs.

Motorola - Moto 360 Smart Watch for Android Devices 4.3 or Higher (Black)
Motorola - Moto 360 Smart Watch for Android Devices 4.3 or Higher (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle deal, 28 Oct. 2014
This is a great offer. I assume it comes bundled with the nexus 6, nexus 9, Moto VR Headset, 50" curved LG screen as well for the price!

update: - 06-12-2014

finally the price has come down from £560......for now.... prices should settle now.

update - 17-12-2014

price back up to £560....

I bought a sony Smartwatch SW3. It's battery life is twice as long as the moto 360. It updated to Android Wear version 5 straight away. Fully waterproof and dustproof. Looks fantastic. £30 off from Amazon on listed price.

Bocideal New 4 Color Fashion Dot View Flip Leather Case Cover for HTC One 2 M8 (Gold)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dot View case only by appearance doesn't activate the smart view., 22 Oct. 2014
This case offers great protection, looks as smart as the picture.

However, it doesn't activate the smartview at all. you can double tap, open the case, nothing happens. So it's a dotview case purely for appearance. It works fine just as a protective case.

The seller is sending me another one, if it works I'll update this review to a much higher rating.

EMERGEN-C Juicy Strawberry Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little booster pack, 8 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These little packets are ideal to have around for those times when we get a bit run down. Like now with the seasonal change from Summer to Autumn.

You get two packets of 8 with this order. It would seem a bit expensive for only 16 days, but it does contain a lot of minerals and vitamins. One could use one every other day making the 16 last a month. This would certainly be better than nothing at all.

I'm going to get some for my Mum who is a bit fussy about taking too many tablets. With one drink she has it all done.

I would say if you fall into the category of someone who believes in taking supplements but finds it a drag taking them one by one, this is a neat answer to that.

For myself I will probably continue with what I'm currently taking and take one every other day and skip taking my own single 1000mg Vitamin C for that day.

The taste is fine. It has a slight fizz to it.

I like the idea of a booster sachet for a few days. 16 days daily should see us through a poorly period of being run down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20