Profile for Glorious Fool > Reviews

Content by Glorious Fool

Glorious Fool

Page: 1 | 2
Lowepro 5.0 Navi Classic Black Top Grain Leather Semi Rigid Case Pouch Sleeve Bag for Camera Sat Nav GPS Phone Pocket Video Camcorder etc
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Garmin nuvi 56, 11 Jun. 2016
This is perfect for the Garmin nuvi 56 (dimensions 13.9 x 8.6 x 2.0 cm). It is a snug fit, but the sat nav is easily removed. The magnetic catch has a very positive feel to it. If the belt loop is a problem for you, then it can be removed easily by unpicking the stitching.
As for other sat navs, it will accommodate something slightly larger than 8.6 deep and 2.0 thick, but I think 14 cm would be the maximum length.

Mission Stancette Blk
Mission Stancette Blk
Offered by Nottingham HiFi Centre

4.0 out of 5 stars Really surprised and impressed, 15 Dec. 2013
I chose these stands simply on price and the fact that they are a perfect fit for my new speakers. The top plates on the other stands that I looked at were quite a bit larger than my speakers and so would not have looked right. I decided that I needed stands because my speakers looked untidy sat on odd pieces of furniture, not because I thought that they would make any difference to the sound quality. I was very sceptical about the claims that I had read that speaker stands improved the listening experience. However, I was really surprised and impressed with the significant improvement in sound quality once the speakers were in place. It was well worth spending the money.

So why not 5 stars? Well, as good as these stands are, there are a couple of improvements that I have made which could have been included in the manufacturing process. The larger front pillar has holes in it top and bottom to feed the speaker cables through. I have drilled a hole in each of the base plates, just behind where the cables come out of the pillar. This allows me to feed the cables under the base plate rather than over it. Similarly, I have drilled holes in the top plates and feed the cables through the gap under the speakers. With less speaker cable visible, it makes for a much tidier job.

Replacement Ceramic Disc Tap Valve Cartridge Quarter Turn 1/2" 20 teeth x 53mm + SOLID BRASS SCREWS
Offered by Tap Magician

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, Very Happy :), 20 July 2013
I had a leaking bath tap and the local (very good) plumber's merchants couldn't supply the ceramic disc cartridge that I needed to repair it. "Try the internet" they said. If I could not repair this tap, I would have to replace it and, as it is no longer manufactured, it meant that I would have to replace it, and the three other matching taps, with a different style. I saw TapMagician on Amazon and went to their website. There I was able to identify the replacement cartridge very easily and order it. It arrived a couple of days later and bingo, everything is back as it should be, without the expense and bother of changing four taps. I am very, very happy.

BT Stratus 1500 DECT Twin Telephone & Answering Machine - Black
BT Stratus 1500 DECT Twin Telephone & Answering Machine - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery Problems, 31 Jan. 2013
Just read all the other one star reviews! There is a fundamental problem with the power on these phones. My first pair were changed under guarantee, but the new ones have problems as well. They were okay for a few months and then they started playing up. I put up with them for a while, so the guarantee expired, but I should have sent them back. Just don't be tempted by the low price, there is a reason for it. they really are a poor product.

The War Magician: The man who conjured victory in the desert
The War Magician: The man who conjured victory in the desert
by J. David Fisher

1.0 out of 5 stars A Load Of Old Tosh!, 8 Oct. 2012
I bought this book for 50 pence at a library sale. Although the library stamp page indicated that it had been lent more than a dozen times, it still looked new and unread. I can only assume that all those who had borrowed it had done what I have now done - given up with it after a few pages. Please don't be tempted, this book is an insult to your intelligence. However, if you are interested in this subject, I recommend that you follow the advice in Adrian Cook's review and check out maskelynemagic.com. Thank you Adrian I found that particularly Interesting.

Garmin 2xx series mounting bracket
Garmin 2xx series mounting bracket
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Identical to the original, 17 Aug. 2012
This item is indistingushable from the original Garmin product and at £2-31(including 1st class postage)it is excellent value for the money.

Rio: The Best Of Michael Nesmith
Rio: The Best Of Michael Nesmith

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It, 27 July 2012
I bought this CD solely for the title track, because I could not get the tune out of my head after hearing it on the radio. Having listened to the entire album several times now - I love it, all of it.

Brand New Servisol Super 10 Professional DJ Fader and Switch Cleaner Spray
Brand New Servisol Super 10 Professional DJ Fader and Switch Cleaner Spray
Offered by imustbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 27 July 2012
I bought a can a couple of months ago. One squirt on a very noisy volume pot on my hi-fi amp and it was fixed. It has needed no further attention so far, so I am very happy with it.

Tefal FF104115 Maxi-Compact Fryer, 1 kg Capacity
Tefal FF104115 Maxi-Compact Fryer, 1 kg Capacity

2.0 out of 5 stars It Does Not Do What It Says On The Box!, 27 July 2012
On the front of the box there is a picture of the basket full of chips. Next to the picture it clearly says 1kg. So, one would assume that it is capable of cooking 1kg of chips in one go. Wrong! When you read the instruction leaflet, it says only 750g. of chips in one go.
In fact, of the many things it suggests that you can cook in this fryer, a whole chicken is the only one that meets the 1kg. criteria. All other quantities are significantly less than the 1kg it claims to handle. If you need to cook 1kg. of chips (or anything else except a whole chicken) look elsewhere.
Can't say any more about this product as it went back without being used.

Chloe's Song
Chloe's Song
by Leslie Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars I nearly gave up!, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Chloe's Song (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Thomas's early books, but find his later one's just don't do it for me. This was fundamentally a good story and, for the most part, well written, but at several points I found it trite. Descriptions of Chloe's early life in Singapore were reminiscent of Virgin Soldiers. His descriptions of Chloe's childhood sexual experiences reminded me of Bare Nell, where I suppose they were relevant to the story, but here they seemed to be added just to 'spice it up'. I usually enjoy his 'naughty bits', but not in this book. The attraction of older men to a younger woman were covered in Kensington Heights and wasn't Detective Sergeant Ron Brown really Dangerous Davies? I recommend all of these books, with the possible exception of Bare Nell.

The point at which I nearly gave up was the chapter (mercifully only six pages long) where Chloe nearly marries Claude Pinchot, but doesn't. It really added nothing to the story (except six pages).

If you have not read many of Thomas's books you may well enjoy this one, but if you are a Thomas fan like me, then I fear that you may too, be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2