Profile for maris > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)
Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

4.0 out of 5 stars he's not that interested and rarely plays it but I love it: -) You can build a zoo playing ..., 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Bought this for my son, he's not that interested and rarely plays it but I love it :-)
You can build a zoo playing in campaign,, challenge or freeform mode. My favourite has been the challenge so far, I get to build away at my zoo and do challenges here and there as they pop up ( a magazine wants a photo of your Indian elephant, release a level 15 animal into the wild etc ) , as opposed to the campaign mode where there are time limits on the zoo and not as much freedom whereas I thought the freeform mode was a bit boring because there was too Much freedom, everything unlocks as you level up, you don't have to bother researching anything. I thought the animals were very well done , quite lifelike, and enjoyed the interactions you can put in their exhibits for feeding them , hosing them and playing with them. I just thought there could be a lot more animals. How many species of giraffe or antelope does one zoo need? One or two would have been enough then we could have had some penguins, crocodiles, koalas, pandas and sea lions. Sometimes when playing I get the message " ZOO LIMIT REACHED" and can't build any more, at which point I have to start releasing my high level animals and selling some concessions. Really enjoy this game

LEGO The Hobbit (Xbox One)
LEGO The Hobbit (Xbox One)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Jan. 2015
As a fan of Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit , I knew my 7 year old son would love this game. It has been great fun playing it together . We finished the 16 story missions and bonus level and the game was only 30 something per cent complete . The rest of the game entails unlocking more characters , hunting mithril and red bricks, doing side quests all over middle earth and going back and doing the levels in free play mode to get treasure items, minikits and schematics to build at the blacksmith. It's good to chase down the red bricks too as these contain things like stud multipliers to net you more money or have bonuses like double loot. I loved the Middle Earth Carnival brick which turns the world into a big disco complete with flashing lights and a hobbit remix song, it's hilarious to see the characters break out the dance moves.
At the moment we have completed 80% of the game, we keep doing a little bit each day. Two characters vital to getting the collectibles are Sauron and Saruman . Sauron destroys black morgul objects and Saruman destroys white objects. Both can be encountered on the map, other characters become available by doing certain quests too.
Overall I give this game 5 stars, great game to play with your child, great value for money ( apparently the 3rd film content will be added as DLC at a later date so we'll hold onto this for a while ) and very entertaining- fantastic game.

Toys of Wood Oxford Wooden Sorting Box with Sorting Lid - 99 pieces- 8 Categories Total 80 Objects
Offered by Toys of Wood Oxford

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted wooden box for sorting the different objects into ..., 3 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my son's 3rd birthday and he was thrilled with it. Beautifully crafted wooden box for sorting the different objects into certain categories eg Clothing, Vehicles, Shapes, Fruit, numbers etc. We have a lot of fun playing with it and I would recommend this toy to anyone for their children.

Melissa & Doug 14196 Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad
Melissa & Doug 14196 Habitats Reusable Sticker Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun :-), 10 Sept. 2014
My son ( 2 and 3/4) loves stickers . I've bought him a few sticker books but once the stickers are in place , the fun is over. This sticker pad is fantastic. All the stickers are reusable and can be stuck down again and again. My son crumpled a few but they straightened out again once he stuck them down. There are 5 scenes...Farm, Dinosaurs, African safari, Jungle and ocean. My sons favourite is the farm scene. We get lots of fun out of this . We put the crops in the field then he likes to stick the tractor and cart near the field then choose crops to harvest and put in the cart. Another thing we like to do with it is play hide and seek with the tiny chicks/ducklings. I will ask him to close his eyes and I will stick the chicks in random places and ask him to find them. This is great entertainment at a bargain price. Very happy with it.

Plants Vs Zombies Back Pack
Plants Vs Zombies Back Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and perfect size, 5 Aug. 2014
My 7 year old is a big fan of the game so I thought I'd surprise him with this schoolbag. He loves it. Great design and perfect size. Large main compartment and a smaller compartment at the front. More than enough room for all his books, stationery , lunch etc. Pleased with my purchase. I don't know if the buckles on the front have a purpose or if they are just for decoration but either way.....unique design. Love it
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 7:51 AM GMT

Rubies Batman Brave Child (Medium)
Rubies Batman Brave Child (Medium)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars batman, 26 Jun. 2014
Bought for my tall 6 year old to attend our first ever comic con .
Costume was just a little long on the leg but fitted perfectly everywhere else. The cape was nice and long and hid the fact that I had tied the yellow belt ( also long) in a fancy bow ;-)
The little mask looked great and attached at the back of the head with a thin strap with Velcro.
My son looked amazing in this costume. Absolutely loved it.

Zoo-ology
Zoo-ology
by Joelle Jolivet

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Zoo-ology (Hardcover)
Ordered this for my 2and a half year old boy. This book is LARGE! each two page spread has various animals depicted on the pages grouped by , for example, feathered...hot....cold....spots and stripes...freshwater etc.
The name of the animal is given just beside it's picture and there are pages at the back with facts relating to each animal from the giant whale to the tiny fly.
The illustrations are incredibly beautiful and I'm glad I chose this. It is a fascinating book for children . My 6 year old loved looking at it and discussing his favourite creatures from each section and pointing out unfamiliar creatures that he now wants to know more about. Buy this, you'll be sure to love it

Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback Books)
Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback Books)
by Garth Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars a day at the firestation, 14 Jun. 2014
I bought this book for my 2 and 1/2 year old son. He loves looking at the pictures and pointing things out whilst I read it to him. In the story , some painters arrive to paint the fire station but find it tricky as the firefighters are rushing to and fro . The place ends up in a mess but they pull together to clean the place up . It mainly focuses on the painters trying to do their job rather than the firefighters doing theirs but hey, the kid loves it.

The Gruffalo Tabard for Children Age 2-4 Years (Yellow)
The Gruffalo Tabard for Children Age 2-4 Years (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars gruffalo apron, 14 Jun. 2014
Bought for my 2 and 1/2 year old boy who loves the gruffalo,,to keep him clean while painting. The design is beautiful and apron is a good fit

The Chimney Corner Collection: 60 Stories in 1 Volume!
The Chimney Corner Collection: 60 Stories in 1 Volume!
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 14 Jun. 2014
I love this book. I bought it as a bedtime book for my 6 year old son. There are 60 stories which are a perfect length for bedtime. I love how the stories have morals without preaching. In one story , a boy who thinks it's funny to pull animal tails finds out just how sore it is when he is punished with growing a tail of his own so the animals can give him a taste of his own medicine, likewise the story of the boy who likes to nip other children , he learns a lesson when he is pinched by crabs and lobsters. My favourite story involves an old lady who takes in 3 animals who are turfed out by their uncaring owners. They repay her kindness by defending her from a group of burglars who they overheard were planning to rob the old lady as she slept. Wonderful book to read to children

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6