Profile for Kenny > Reviews

Muscle Shoals [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mick Jagger
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Muscle Shoals DVD, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Muscle Shoals [DVD] (DVD)
This is a wonderful film . So many insights into how musical magic happened. I would have been happy to have seen more of Dan Penn and a lot less of Bono but that is a personal preference . Highly recommended regardless of which form of music you have interest in.

London Eye
London Eye
Price: 2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars London Eye, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: London Eye (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book . Human tragedy seen through the prism of humour ! Perhaps the only way to deal with it sometimes . The humour generated by the characters in this book is at times hilarious and always present hovering in the background waiting to lift the mood. It has reminded me to live in and for the present.
" London Eye " is superbly written and very good fun. I imagine the author to be a spontaneous wit and raconteur . If this book is anything to go by he would be a great companion in the pub or by the fire at Christmas. I cannot recommend it too highly ! Could there be a sequel ?

The Power Behind The Throne
The Power Behind The Throne
Price: 1.68

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power Behind the Throne, 19 Oct 2011
Just finished this cracking thriller. Based around a very original idea it is fast paced, spicy, and lacking in deference for the major institution in the UK. I couldn't see the end coming and was hooked from page one. An excellent read - Highly Recommended ! Roll on the next Sally Nicholl book.

Stop Me
Stop Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Me, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Stop Me (Kindle Edition)
Until I saw this book on Amazon I wasn't aware of Richard Jay Parker - I am now and I couldn't be more pleased ! If this " Stop Me " is an indication of what he has yet to write then Bring it On I say !

"Stop Me" is a convoluted thriller with many twists and turns especially at the end . I haven't read a thriller
( the word doesn't really do the book justice as it is more than that) quite like this one before. I am a fan of police procedural novels such as those written by Michael Connolly and Peter James . This one is not exactly in that genre but , I found it just as entertaining and gripping.

It is so tempting to reveal more of " Stop Me " but that would deprive readers of an intriguing plot.

Highly recommended . Let's have more Mr Parker !