Profile for H. Urquhart > Reviews

Content by H. Urquhart

H. Urquhart (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read again., 20 Feb. 2015
I read Wolf Hall last year and after Bring up the Bodies. I found it rich, complex and totally absorbing but preferred the second volume as a novel. Now, with the wonderful BBC production being televised, I have read it again and know it is a book I will cherish. The atmosphere, characterisations and machinations at King Henry's court are conveyed in dense prose and many epic quotations may be extracted. On to read the second volume now.

Shakespeare Deluxe Rucksack Chair - Brown/Green
Shakespeare Deluxe Rucksack Chair - Brown/Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Jan. 2015
Ooh! I love this! It is very neat when folded on the back and opens simply by releasing a Velcro strap. Seat is a good size and I am glad I spent the extra to get a back rest as painting wildlife takes hours and a stool would strain the back after a while. Bag has an inner laced waterproof closure. With this feature and by lengthening the straps it does fit A3 drawing board and multiple smaller sketch pads and equipment plus flask and sandwiches in side pockets. Might be a tad heavy when loaded up but will see after first outing. Very fast delivery. All in all a winner.

New 2014 HP G3 Quad Core Win 8.1 Laptop, 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD, USB 3.0, HDMI inc 5 Year Warranty
Offered by Takazo Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine laptop at a good price, 9 Jan. 2015
This is a fine laptop for all the usual home business requirements. The screen is bright and large and the keyboard is sensitive and comfortable. It arrived promptly, well packaged and with everything in order. My only reservation is Windows 8.1. Is it just me, or is this a much more cumbersome operating system than Windows 7? I can't get to grips with the multi- screens and want a zoom function to see half screens better.

Drawing and Painting Birds
Drawing and Painting Birds
by Tim Wootton

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for the naturalists' and artists' library, 8 Jan. 2015
Book absolutely wonderful. Packed with beautiful and varied illustrations and the text is very enjoyable. Four stars as, although brand new, the pages are slightly cockles throughout suggesting damp storage. Do buy the book though if you want to capture bird life with your pencil and paints.

LOVEFiLM By Post
LOVEFiLM By Post

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor information, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: LOVEFiLM By Post (App)
Totally bewildered about the switch. Haven't managed to fathom how so am stoping my DD to Lovefilm which I really enjoyed using.

E540 'GIANT' Puppy/Rabbit/Guinnea Pig Run + Roof 7ft x 3ft 8inch
E540 'GIANT' Puppy/Rabbit/Guinnea Pig Run + Roof 7ft x 3ft 8inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 26 Jun. 2014
I am considering getting another of these for my new bantams. I have the larger like this and a smaller,one. As has been said, erecting the larger of the two is initially daunting and looks like a comedy sketch with a deck chair when yo first tackle it. However, it's a great size and can be eased around the lawn to fresh grass. My rabbits and chicks all use them on rota and they are reasonably weatherproof - springs rust a bit - so a good investment.

LEGO 40056 Thanksgiving Feast
LEGO 40056 Thanksgiving Feast
Offered by POLYBAGS24

5.0 out of 5 stars Son chose and loves this., 19 Nov. 2013
My son is quite the expert now on Lego sets and watches reviews on YouTube a great deal. He was attracted to this set which was receiving rave reviews in Canada and the US. He is delighted to have a turkey which he says is a rare and special piece. I bow to his nine year old wisdom. I like the cats and the gold platter - there you go.

Suma Fairly Traded Organic White Basmati Rice 3 kg
Suma Fairly Traded Organic White Basmati Rice 3 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to get organic basmati in bulk., 19 Nov. 2013
Good texture and fragrance. I would chose to buy smaller bags in quantity rather than this larger one next time as storage is a tad difficult but no complaints at all about the rice. Great!

1 Litre Dried Mealworms For Poultry by Mealworms-Online Free Delivery
1 Litre Dried Mealworms For Poultry by Mealworms-Online Free Delivery
Offered by UKPetSupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings out the satisfied "Cluck!"., 19 Nov. 2013
These are a good supplement to layers pellets. I found that my Rhode Island Red, in particular, started to sing a clucking chant which easily translates as "Yum,yum" when I dished them up. Good quantity for a small garden flock.

Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner
Vax S5 Kitchen and Bathroom Master Compact Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning is fun????, 20 Sept. 2013
I have a profound dislike of housework but when the odours in the bathroom are too heady it is time to find a solution. This machine, which was half-price when I purchased it, is terrific. It powers its way through the grime and mould in the grout; the ingrained urine (sorry - small boy); the hard water marks on the shower.

I had it out of its box and running immediately and lost all sense of time, blasting my entire bathroom. Immense satisfaction. The storage of the tools is neat as well.

My only concern is that the tools or piping, I suppose it is, give off a hot rubbery smell. I am not sure that breathing in hot steam vapour and rubber is healthy. I assume this is just because it is new. That aside, I would heartily recommend this to anyone who, like me, needs some fun tools to encourage housework.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3