Profile for Agnes > Reviews

Perfect Host: 162 easy recipes for feeding people and having fun
by Felicity Cloake
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 May 2013
This isn't just a recipe book - its a sort of 'bible' for those who, like me, enjoy entertaining but always end up in a state of complete chaos 10minutes before the guests arrive. That said, the recipes look fantastic (haven't tried any yet, as I only got my copy this morning, but I can't wait to get cracking). I'm a fan of Felicity's column so probably should declare an interest, but her prose is beautiful to read, whether she is simply describing how to beat an egg, or gentling bidding the reader that preparation is key to success.
Big thumbs up from me - over a hundred recipes and lots of good advice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 2:15 PM BST

Perfect: 68 Essential Recipes for Every Cook's Repertoire
Perfect: 68 Essential Recipes for Every Cook's Repertoire
by Felicity Cloake
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars So readable, it could be sold as a book about the food, rather than a recipe book, 15 Aug 2011
I normally don't buy cookery books unless there a numerous glossy photos to entice me into the kitchen in the first place and to show me the end product that I am aiming for.
Perfect does not need any glossy photographs. The prose is so well written that I could see, taste and smell the recipes coming up off the pages. Having read the book from cover to cover - it is a joy to read as a piece of prose as much as a recipe book - I was in the kitchen, elbow deep in maris pipers and perfect fried eggs.
For what its worth, the recipes are clearly explained and (so far) have all been rip-roaring successes.
Thank you so much Felicity Cloake; move over Nigella, I have a new kitchen heroine!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2012 6:08 PM BST