Profile for spryman > Reviews

Content by spryman

spryman

Functional Strength for Triathletes: Exercises for Top Performance (Ironman)
Functional Strength for Triathletes: Exercises for Top Performance (Ironman)
by Ingrid Loos Miller
Price: 13.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional strength training, 3 Mar 2014
I chose this book as I was getting bored with just doing weights when I did my gym sessions. As a 50+ and relatively new to the sport(3yrs) I wanted a training session/plan that would help benefit me as a 'triathlete'. This book gives a training session depending upon where you are in your training plan ( base bulid or peak) There are also corrective and self assessments exercises.This book has given me some helpful exercises which so far make the gym session tolerable.

Wahoo Fitness Key for iPhone
Wahoo Fitness Key for iPhone
Price: 38.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahoo fitness key, 1 Jan 2014
I have only recently upgraded to an iphone and purchased a turbo trainer that can connect wirelessly to the iphone using this key. So far this has connected perfectly using the elite training app. I have also recently obtained an ipad air and using an adapter to connect this key it has worked faultlessly.
So far it has worked brilliantly it also connects my garmin ant+ heart rate belt

Power Bar IsoMax Blood Orange Powder 1200g
Power Bar IsoMax Blood Orange Powder 1200g
Price: 18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Isomax blood orange., 23 Sep 2013
This is the caffinated energy drink, The taste is a bit chemical due to the caffine but you get used to it. I have used this for 3 ironman triathlons and it seems to work for me

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

3.0 out of 5 stars Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic zeros, 23 Sep 2013
Bought this album after hearing a song on radio 2. The album grows on you, can't really compare to any other bands, parts are like music from the 60's

WIN Essential Nose Clip Medium
WIN Essential Nose Clip Medium
Offered by notonlybowls
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nose clip, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: WIN Essential Nose Clip (Misc.)
This type of clip seems to fit better than all the others that I've used. Does what it's supposed to do.

Optimum Health Ultimate One - 2.2kg Bag - Strawberry Flavour
Optimum Health Ultimate One - 2.2kg Bag - Strawberry Flavour
Offered by Discount Supplements
Price: 27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars REcovery supplement, 28 Feb 2013
Helps improve my recovery after training sessions. Tastes ok will definately use again. Make sure you mix correctly or it will become very lumpy and unpalatable ( water first, one scoop mix then add second scoop and mix)

Swim Workouts for Triathletes: Practical Workouts to Build Speed, Strength and Endurance
by Gale Bernhardt
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Swim workouts, 28 Feb 2013
I have been swimming for about 2 1/2 years and in this time i have comleted 2 ironman events. I usually just make up a plan as I go along. This workout book gives structure to my training and is simular to the swim fit sessions that I attend.
I would recommend this book to anybody who want to structure their swimming or group session

Be Iron Fit: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness
Be Iron Fit: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness
by Don Fink
Price: 10.22

4.0 out of 5 stars iron fit training, 6 Aug 2011
I have only just entered the world of triathlon this year and have only been doing all three disiplines since last october. i have competed in various triathlons up to olympic distance and wanted something structured to do the longer distances. My goal is to do an iron distance triathlon next year and this book gives you the training plan to do this ( there are some references to other competitors who have used this plan and have had improved times after following this training plan). Overall this is a good read the training plans are progressive and easy to understand. The training is based around heart rate zones and time not distances, I wont really know if this book is beneficial until I start using it seriously (although I have been training using heart rate zone for the last month and training does appear to be easier) after xmas for my preparation for middle and iron distance triathlon.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars High viz jacket, 11 Oct 2010
You will definately be seen wearing this jacket. A good basic jacket, not breathable but for the price what do you expect.