Profile for Johnnyman > Reviews

Moments
Moments
by Cristiano Ronaldo

4.0 out of 5 stars A moment with Ronaldo, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Moments (Paperback)
So I finally got hold of a copy of this book to have a read. Although obviously a bit outdated now as Cristiano has since long moved on from these shores and onto Madrid, Moments is a thoroughly enjoyable insight into this young man's rise to stardom and his inner self. The true Cristiano Ronaldo amongst family and friends. It shows him in a much better light than he had been portrayed in the media in the past and in that sense I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is a Ronaldo-sceptic or even hater. I was one of those sceptics myself, I was not a great lover of his and am definitely not a United fan, but the book allowed me to appreciate that Cristiano is human after all, which we often forget about these super-talented mega-rich footballers.

As for the graphic content, well the book is awash with all sorts of photos are all brilliant and include almost a chronological timeline of his life from a toddler to stardom at United. There are some strange photos too obviously; cheeky Cristiano's soles of his big smelly feet in my face being shown off by him so nonchalantly deserves a particular mention! But it's there for a reason I guess and we all know that many out there would happily worship Ronaldo's big feet of his such is their magic and power on the pitch, and it's whatever floats your boat I guess, eh?

All in all, I hope an update is out soon covering his new life in Spain. A definite read!