Profile for CRAZY GIRL > Reviews

Letters From A Nut: With An Introduction by Jerry Seinfeld
Letters From A Nut: With An Introduction by Jerry Seinfeld
by Ted L. Nancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, I nearly coughed up my spleen, 24 Sep 2006
Some books are as funny as a kick in the teeth from a race horse, this book puts that little one liner on the back burner.

As some reviewers state, they read it whilst on a train journey, which in itself is funny, as this must be one of those books you snatch whilst eyeing up the books in the station newsagent.

I read this book in many different places, but certainly not on a train. I found the content to be wry and dry, just as the author intended. That is the sort of humour such a book needs, it rests on this fact. Had the book attempted to be as funny as a 'On The Fringe' comedian then it would have failed, I am pleased it has the charm intended, on a train journey or not.

You Can Change Your Life: And Create Your Own Destiny
You Can Change Your Life: And Create Your Own Destiny
by Russell Grant

1.0 out of 5 stars No! Another astrologer meddling in a different genre, 24 Sep 2006
No, no, no! Astrology and this sort of subject matter cannot be entwined just for the sake of selling a book. As much as I love Russell's astrology charts, he has failed to recognise that astrology carves your destiny in stone, it is set, it cannot be undone, that is how they believe it to be.

As with Jonathan Cainer, Russell has jumped aboard something that goes against his own astrological teachings. It is a fact, astrologers believe your future to set by the way the stars were aligned at your birth, yet suddenly to cash in they say that it is not so!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2009 12:44 AM BST

NLP (Collins Need to Know?)
NLP (Collins Need to Know?)
by Carolyn Boyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic book, not enough word count, 1 Sep 2006
Most certainly the book covers the basics and key principles of NLP, even goes so far as to exploring its history ... but that's it. I had hoped to be able to partake of some knowledge that was new, but this is old hat revamped. Maybe the book should have been longer, I don't know. So perhaps I am being too harsh, but I can only judge on what is within, not what wasn't.

Cosmic Ordering: How to make your dreams come true
Cosmic Ordering: How to make your dreams come true
by Jonathan Cainer

1.0 out of 5 stars newness wears off, 8 Aug 2006
I am pretty new to cosmic ordering, not even at first being interested in it. I read the hype in the newspapes and then the spin put on it but I read my first book on the subject in Cosmic Ordering Guide by Stephen Richards. I was lucky to have read that book first as it was the benchmark to compare other such books to and this book, by comparison, by Jonathan Cainer is a disaster. I have experienced Esther Hicks' books and found them to be helpful, but this book should be put on the self destruct pile.

Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction- Learning to Manifest Your Desires
by Esther and Jerry Hicks

4.0 out of 5 stars A prolific writer with a lot to say, 8 Aug 2006
Esther's books are built upon knowledge, and I do find the books useful and helpful. I have targetted this book as I have read Cosmic Ordering Guide by Stephen Richards, which I give the edge to over Esther's book. Manifesting your desrires can get clouded in too much technical detail, not that I am saying this book is like that, but for me it was harder to grasp what was within, perhaps because I'm still a learner.

Cosmic Ordering Guide: Where Dreams Can Become Reality
Cosmic Ordering Guide: Where Dreams Can Become Reality
by Stephen Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, step by step guide, 20 July 2006
This book has diverted from the author's usual genre of writing, but due to the publicity given over to cosmic ordering I bought his book as I have read his other books over the years.

I only expected to add this book to my collection of Stephen Richards books, even hoping to get it signed. I am not a great follower of this cosmic belief that has mushroomed into what it has done, but I felt comfortable reading the book, as I also wanted to find out more about the author as this book is part autobiography of his life, and what a hell of an earlier life he had.

By now you will have gathered that I am a fan of this man's writing, however this particular sort of book is, as I have said, not usually my thing. And yet, I felt strangely compelled to read it.

I am not poor, so I do not need wealth and I am healthy so I do not need health. My own life is running smoothly, and I do not really want to win the lottery or become mega wealthy, but a relation of mine was in need of some help. I can't say what that help was needed for, but I can say that this is the only thing that was making my own life uncomfortable, the thought of me being useless to help.

Being a busy person, I usually reserve reading books for the night, as it helps me get off to sleep, or when I am on holiday. I started reading this at 11pm, I finished it at 6am the following morning. I couldn't put the book down, not because it was so spell-binding, but because all what I could think of was helping my relation.

I admit, if it was for me then this book would have been kept for the holdays. I found the book very easy to follow, with a step by step guide that anyone could understand. I did as the book said to do, I periodically reviewed bits I had read and then I set about tackling making things happen for my relation.

Again, I cannot say what the problem was that I worked on, I ordered something spectacular to happen for this person, and it did happen. Somehow I don't think what I asked for was a coincidence in that it happened.

I don't believe in giving a review for the sake of it, so all the more fitting that here I am giving a review about a book that is of no use to me. What had started out as continuing to collect books by this author turned out into something a little more than a miracle.

Will I continue to put orders in for other things, not really. I would, though, continue to do as the author advises, and that is to repay the cosmos for the help given. If the situation arises again then I would, without hesitation, put in another order.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2009 4:26 AM BST

It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your dreams Come True!
It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your dreams Come True!
by R H Jarrett

1.0 out of 5 stars Come on, a stranger at a bus stop could help me more, 20 Jun 2006
No! Not for one minute am I being taken in by this. Certainly, I do demand a little more than what this pamphlet gives out. I have derived more from government health warnings.

I do not see the point in putting out something with so little in it, I gained nothing from it. I have gained more from talking with strangers at bus stops than I have from this, sorry dear author, but I have to be truthful. Am I the only one to spot the naked king?

A Devil Incarnate: The Autobiography of William Radkay #666az
A Devil Incarnate: The Autobiography of William Radkay #666az
by Patty Terry

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE, THIS WHOLE BOOK NEEDS A REWRITE OR BINNED, 25 April 2006
Never have I come across such a badly written book, even holding it sent shivvers of revulsion running through me. The threads of a good story are here, but the smooth transition from story to story is like a ride over cobbles. A great shame, as the gentleman the book is about desrves better, especially after his incarceration on Alcatraz. That is the books only saving grace, the subject matter.

The Hairy Bikers' Cookbook
The Hairy Bikers' Cookbook
by Dave Myers

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon appétit, 25 April 2006
Great to see the man in the street being able to relate to these MEN, real men. I was becoming bored with the likes of Rhodes, Ramsay, Oliver & co. This breaks with tradition, well done and long may they continue.

Life After Life
Life After Life
by Norman Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Undebelly is underdone, 25 April 2006
This review is from: Life After Life (Paperback)
Perhaps a tad too late for Norman Parker, the drug culture and underbelly of crime is not what it used to be. Sad what happened to him, but the smell of prison can haunt a man for the rest of his life. In this book, Norman portrays what his life is about, a sad twist of fate.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4