Profile for BobP > Reviews

Content by BobP

BobP "BobP"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Chaomingzhen Gold Plated Colorful Created Opal Elephant Pendants Extra Long Necklaces Women
Offered by chaomingzhen jewelry

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't look like the photo, 19 April 2016
It doesn't look like the photo: The photo has nice, neat inserted gems. The real thing? They're higgeldy-piggeldy. I had my doubts as soon as it arrived, so broke present rules and showed my wife, who thanked me for showing her as she would have been upset if I'd given it to her!
Supplier gave me a full refund (after 1st offering 50%). This will be making it's way to the local charity shop, hopefully they can make some profit out of it.

Season's Reapings: A Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Holiday Short Story
Season's Reapings: A Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Holiday Short Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little filler, 16 Jan. 2016
After the dark developments in Limbo of late, this was a light filler between tales. There were hints of changes to the main story which I hope develop further. It is very short, be warned.

Abbey Rayne (Dani Ripper Book 5)
Abbey Rayne (Dani Ripper Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun. Enjoyed it, but tighten up the narrative, 28 Dec. 2015
It was fun, I enjoyed it, but there was a hint of read it before. How many brilliant teens can Dani encounter? The story also wandered off track. I will continue reading the Dani Ripper series, but I want to see the storyline sharpen up and get back to how it was (and less dependency on Donovan Creed et al).

Death Wish (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 5)
Death Wish (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars The series gets darker, 28 Dec. 2015
The series gets darker, the plot tighter, with less references to wardrobe choices. The number of characters has also tightened and streamlined, making it easier to follow and helps the pace of the narrative.

Can't wait for book 6.

Santa Hat Print Dress Red 30-32
Santa Hat Print Dress Red 30-32

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, my wife loved it, 28 Dec. 2015
Gift for my wife, who loved it. Good quality, perhaps a little short but worked well with leggings. I ordered a size larger to be on the safe side, glad I did. Worth bearing in mind.

Prompt delivery, very happy with product and service, would happily deal with suppliers again.

Fintie Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (10.1-inch) Smart Shell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Stand Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature For Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530 SM-T535 (Will Not Fit Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1), Newspaper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid - and nice looking cover, 25 Sept. 2015
Fits perfectly. Mottled texture gives it grip. Protects the tablet well.

I bought the newspaper pattern, and it looks good. The case adds little bulk, unlike a lot of ones out there.

When turned into a stand it is solid. I only give 4 out of 5 as (and it might be the way I close it) sometimes it seems the magnet that activates the auto on/off feature causes my tablet a display issue that means I have to reboot.

But that might be me. I would definitely recommend this product.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb piece of kit... best with Prime membership, 5 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
There are some great reviews that go into detail on the Fire TV stick and it's workings, so I will not look to match them. The question most will want answered is: Does the Fire TV stick outperform the Chromecast?

Yes it does. As long as you are a Prime customer.

The range of ready installed apps does what you need (having Netflix in place was a welcome surprise). With the addition of Amazon's streaming music service (you have to go into settings to make this available), it turns your TV into an all-round entertainment centre.

If you do not have Prime, then the Chromecast comes back into the reckoning. You can't cast Chrome, so Google Movies won't 'fling' to the TV. We have both sticks, so we can swap them over.

So if you are a Prime customer, no contest. If not, the playing field is more open.

From Where We Stand
From Where We Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut album; works for Country and non-Country fans alike, 23 May 2015
This review is from: From Where We Stand (MP3 Download)
I am not usually a country fan, but after hearing 'Push for the stride' I took a gamble... and I am glad I did. This is a great debut album from the twins. It is more of a "crossover " style, making the music more accessible to non-county listeners like me.

There is a good mix of ballad and lively numbers, and this album is a regular on my playlist.

I have seen the girls live and they are well worth the ticket money to see perform.

Psychopomp (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 4)
Psychopomp (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars This series continues to grow in quality and plot. ..., 23 May 2015
This series continues to grow in quality and plot. Psychopomp moves into even darker territory, taking it further away from the lighter early story. The character development is now firmly in place, the vast range of dieties have calmed down to a more manageable list and the story arc is now well established.

I was taken aback by the end of this book; I will not post a spoiler, but did not see it coming.

I can only see this series growing ever darker and more serious, but I am looking forward to continuing with Lana on her journey.

Crazy Ex-Ghoulfriend
Crazy Ex-Ghoulfriend

3.0 out of 5 stars "Mean Girls"... with zombies!, 23 May 2015
This is a stand alone novel from Angela Roquet, the author of the Lana Harvey: Reaper series.

To me, it doesn't match up to those (and I love that series), but it is an enjoyable read after a slow start. I think my heading sums it up, fans of the film "Mean Girls" will see similarities, but with Ms. Roquets trademark undead twist.

It was entertaining and a quick read, but looking to get back to Lana (a series that continues to improve and develop with each new book).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4