Profile for Mjh > Reviews

Mjh

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copic Empty 72 Piece SenseBag
Copic Empty 72 Piece SenseBag

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to store and transport art supplies, 15 Jun. 2016
A great way to store any markers, not just Copics! I use mine to store my Promarkers and my Polychromos colouring pencils all in the same bag! The handle makes it great for carrying around easily, but it also sits perfectly flat too, which is how I keep the bag when I'm not using my markers to ensure that both ends of the marker stay wet and have even ink distribution.
The 4 inner rows can be removed too which means you have very easy access to your supplies when working, then you can pop them back once you're done to keep everything nice and compact for storage.
The only thing that could make this product better for me is if it were slightly bigger with slightly more padding (especially as I use it for coloured pencils as well), and if it had as strap as well as a handle.
Overall I'd highly recommend the product, however, as it's a great method of both storing and transporting your markers/pencil/pencils or other supplies!

The Spell Realm (The Sorcery Code: Volume 2)
The Spell Realm (The Sorcery Code: Volume 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait for the next instalment!, 30 May 2015
I've just finished this so might well change or write another review once I've digested it a bit more. In terms of my gust reaction, I'd say that I really enjoyed the book. Not quite as much as the first volume in the series, however, but then again I read the first volume twice, almost a year apart so that may have something to do with it. With this book I found I couldn't tear myself away from it as I had to know what happened next, so ended up finishing the whole thing in a day, which is quite rare for me as a fairly slow reader. I will agree with what some other reviewers have said that the novel doesn't really work as much as a standalone and make you feel like part of the story is missing, which wasn't the case with the first one, even though the end of the first one made you want to read the second story there was a much greater sense of closure. I just hope the next instalment is out soon and ties up all the lose ends! I also think its slightly frustrating that the prologue to the novel was included at the end of the first volume, as it's about the other conscious being in the spell realm which, for me anyway was the main cliffhanger/hook that made me want to start reading the second part immediately, yet this is hardly touched upon at all. Nevertheless I definitely enjoyed the book and would recommend it (though perhaps also recommend waiting until the follow-up is out!). It's at least 3 stars and I wish I could give half stars because I feel it's much more justified but I don't quite think I'd give it 4 just because of the incompleteness I felt at the end!

The Sorcery Code (The Sorcery Code: Volume 1)
The Sorcery Code (The Sorcery Code: Volume 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best free fantasy book, 30 May 2015
This is hands down the best free fantasy book I've read on kindle so far. It's full of unique and interesting concepts, especially magic being a kind of mathematical code, yet it's also incredibly easy to read. As a poor student I very rarely spend money on e-books but I've already bought the second one and cannot wait to read it!

Zombie Society - They Live Among Us
Zombie Society - They Live Among Us

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 2 Jan. 2015
This book is entirely nothing but antisemitic, racist and sexist bullsh*t not even well disguised as a story about zombies. Even though it's free, don't waste your time downloading and reading it

How to Make a Journal of Your Life
How to Make a Journal of Your Life
by Dan Price

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, 27 Dec. 2013
I assumed this would be a large and hand-on book much like those by Keri-Smith. It definitely is not. It is a tiny, pocket-sized book which more or less states the obvious and basically says 'Get a journal and do absolutely anything, even if it's bad because something is always better than nothing.' The text and illustration are nicely presented, but the way it's written is slightly dull however.

Dirty French: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!"
Dirty French: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!"
by Adrien Clautrier

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a laugh, 27 Dec. 2013
This is a good book if you're looking for a few laughs especially or to find out rude things that you might well need/want to use but won't find in a dictionary and would be too embarrassed to ask someone. It is slightly annoying however that the translations are very Americanised, so the meaning is a little hard to understand sometimes for those who are British. It's also annoying that when nouns are given, their gender is not which is very annoying as it means the word must be looked up before it can be properly learnt (and this can sometimes prove tricky with slag words)

Super9COS Dinosaur Kigurumi Pajamas Adult Anime Cosplay Halloween Costume ,size M (64"-68")
Offered by ReachEU

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER, 27 Dec. 2013
I got this as a Christmas present from my mum after adding it to my wishlist and I couldn't be happier with it. It feels indescribably soft to touch and is incredibly war and cosy, I absolutely love it. I have also hand washed it in cold water and left it to dry flat uses a low-heat hair-dryer on it periodically and it's taking a while to dry, it seems to be absolutely fine and the material doesn't seem to have been affected at all. Do note before buying that it doesn't come with shoes as shown in some of the pictures, however, and also I'm fairly short (5'5") so it fits me fine, but might be a little too short for some others.

Indra Brown Handmade Leather Journal , 100% Cotton Pages, Free Cotton Gift Bag (9cm x 13cm)

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I thought, but nice, 27 Dec. 2013
I will accept complete responsibility for reading it as measuring 9x13inches not cm, but it might have been helpful to say it's roughly A6 size just to give more of a clue for people reading in a rush like me. It comes in a nice little bah though and will be very useful if you want something easily portable. It has a lovely leathery smell, but the pages are a lot thinner than I hoped.

Star Wars: The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
Star Wars: The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
by Daniel Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not that big a fan and I love it, 27 Dec. 2013
I wouldn't say I was the biggest Star Wars fan but I absolutely love this book because of the way it's made; the paper feels really nice and has rough edges which I think looks great. The font used inside is nice too and the notes and annotations from various characters is a brilliant touch. It might be worth mentioning that the book is a light grey colour though, not black/navy as shown on the picture above.

Beautiful People - Series 1 [DVD]
Beautiful People - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Ward-Wilkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but special features aren't that great, 27 Dec. 2013
Great series, especially if you grew up in the 90s, but it could have had slightly better special features perhaps

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4