Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Get Off The Unicorn (The Tower & Hive Sequence Book 6)
Get Off The Unicorn (The Tower & Hive Sequence Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous range, 24 Nov. 2014
The talents of Anne Mccaffrey are seen throughout this book of short stories and make you want to explore her many worlds. If you have to have somewhere to start, start here for a fabulous taster session

Sony Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth/NFC - Red
Sony Portable Wireless Speaker with Bluetooth/NFC - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely quality., 11 Aug. 2014
Fabulous sound. Great bass and very clear. Worth every penny of what is a very reasonably priced portable speaker.

Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander Book 8)
Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an ending!! Is it?, 11 Aug. 2014
Oh my good grief. I was reading this on my kindle and did not notice I was at 97%. I was looking forward to discovering what happened to a certain group of characters (trying not to spoil things here), and it ended. It was a lovely ending, but I felt there was a chunk of the book missing, perhaps there is another book in Diana's mind that will fill in the gaps. Part of me wants these books to reach a conclusion, but then life is not like that. The other part of me never wants these books to end because I don't want there to be a time when there is no Claire or Jamie in my life. If you haven't read this series, start at the beginning it is most definitely worth the journey!!

The White Dragon (Dragonriders of Pern Book 3)
The White Dragon (Dragonriders of Pern Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pern - I wish I lived there, 11 Feb. 2014
I have been fully immersed in the world of Pern for many years and I consider this to be one of Anne's best books. Dragons dawn is also excellent. I love the way her books tie together; a seemingly minor event/remark in one book becomes expanded and explained in later books. Wonderful.

The Chronicles Of Pern: First Fall (The Dragon Books Book 12)
The Chronicles Of Pern: First Fall (The Dragon Books Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to some old questions, 13 Jan. 2014
From the time I read about Lessa to the latest Pern books, I have loved them all. This book answers a lot of questions raised in Dragons Dawn, which in itself answers many questions about Pern and the people who settled there. The stories are complete in themselves and we'll worth the read.

DIGIFLEX Stylish Black Soft Faux Leather Cover Stand Case for Apple iPad 2 (All Models)
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 8 Dec. 2013
Only issue I have with this, is that it is not a tight fit to the ipad so the pad has a tendency to slip out. Also the stand is not very strong so if you have the earlier (heavier) ipad it can bend sometimes, but other than that I have to say this is great value for money.

Silentnight Deep Sleep 15 Tog Duvet, Double
Silentnight Deep Sleep 15 Tog Duvet, Double

5.0 out of 5 stars So warm. Mmmm, 8 Dec. 2013
This duvet keeps me warm on the coldest of nights. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a reasonably priced very warm duvet

Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)
Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 8 Dec. 2013
Really loved this book, well worth the wait. Might need to read whole series again to pick up all the nuances I missed when speed reading

Karrimor Bodmin 3, Women's Trekking and Hiking Shoes, Dark Grey/Cochineal, 6 UK
Karrimor Bodmin 3, Women's Trekking and Hiking Shoes, Dark Grey/Cochineal, 6 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 10 Oct. 2013
I have had Karrimor boots and shoes for years without problems but this year has been a disaster. The 1st pair of boots started to leak when the front moulding came away from the rest of the boot. I got some replacement shoes and they let in dew off the grass on first wearing. So far this second replacement seems to be OK. Don't know if their quality control has gone adrift or I have been unlucky. I know they are not the most expensive but if they are going to be sold as waterproof, they should be.

KnitPro 35 cm x 2.75 mm Karbonz Single Pointed Needles, Black and Silver
KnitPro 35 cm x 2.75 mm Karbonz Single Pointed Needles, Black and Silver
Offered by Creative Craft Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 10 Oct. 2013
An absolute delight to knit with. The stitches slide easily from metal tip to rest of needle - even the finest 1 ply. Great value

Page: 1 | 2 | 3