Profile for Robin > Reviews

Content by Robin

Robin (East Yorkshire, England)

Alessandro Baldieri Ladies Limited Edition Watch End of Time Swarovski Blue Sapphire/Black AB0041SW-BLU-BLA

2.0 out of 5 stars Some people will love it......, 3 Dec. 2013
I chose this because I wanted a smarter, more elegant watch to wear with 'dressy' outfits than my daytime watch. There are not many digital watches that meet this description so I was very pleased to find this. However, be aware that it looks rather big on a ladies' wrist. Slim and elegant it is not.
The clasp is quite tricky to manage, but never fear, there is a helpline you can ring if you are having trouble with it.
The default state is the face is blank. If you want to know the time, press a button & there is a garish red display for about 3 seconds. It is easy to read, but you do need both of your hands to tell the time.
I have yet to detect any hint of blue in the crystals.

Lorus Unisex Alarm Watch R2303HX9
Lorus Unisex Alarm Watch R2303HX9
Offered by Watch Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice if you like pink, 20 Oct. 2013
The watch I received is a digital Lorus, otherwise it bears very little resemblance to the watch in the picture, the watch I actually ordered. Th pic shows a black watch, the one I have is pink. The shape of the face is different. There is a large amount of 'silver' around the face. In short,not the watch I ordered.
Still in its box, it keeps time and beeps, sometimes.
I don't like pink.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 4:51 AM BST

Silicone-Sally - Silicone Nipple Covers - Flower Shape Nude Colour - Reuseable- TWO PAIR PACK

3.0 out of 5 stars No more smarties, but..., 15 July 2013
These covers certainly do prevent the 'smartie smuggling' look but the covers themselves are visible under tight or clinging clothes which rather spoils the effect, hence only 3 stars. Didn't have this problem with the previous make I bought, but these do give better coverage. They are comfortable to wear & stay in place. Still looking for the perfect covers.

PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger for Apple iPhone 6 Plus, 6 iPhone 5S 5 4S, iPad Air, mini; Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3; Note 4, 3, 2, Tab; HTC One (M8) Google Nexus and Sony [Designed for Apple and Android Devices] (USB Cable NOT included)
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 12v dual charger!, 11 Nov. 2012
This little white 12v charger is excellent value for money. I'm using it in my car, and will later use it on a boat, to charge my Ipad 3 and connect up and charge my HTC HD2 car mount which also doubles as my SatNav. It does both jobs perfectly.

Hagen Nutrafin Essential Mini Master Test Kit
Hagen Nutrafin Essential Mini Master Test Kit
Offered by PetGoods4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Water test kit - great value, 18 Dec. 2011
This does exactly what it says on the bottles! The price was very reasonable and the box contains everything you need, with clear instructions. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH tests are included, along with two test tubes and a dropper for collecting the water and adding to the tubes. It's helped us monitor the health of our new tank, saving us £1.50 a time for the water tests at our local aquarist.

The Atlantic Wall (1): France (Fortress)
The Atlantic Wall (1): France (Fortress)
by Steven J. Zaloga

5.0 out of 5 stars Atlantic Wall (France) book, 18 Nov. 2009
Very interesting for anyone with an interest in D-Day defences. Clear and some nice original, and more recent, photos. Also very useful if you are planning a visit as it provides some very useful hints on where you might like to go!