Profile for Nom de plume > Reviews

Content by Nom de plume

Nom de plume "bookworm" (Europe)

Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef's stories and recipes from the land
Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef's stories and recipes from the land
by Denis Cotter

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for kitchen and coffee table, 1 Oct. 2012
The cover alone made me covet this book. I put off purchasing for quite a while but everytime I saw it in the stores I wanted it. Finally, when I went to purchase it there were none available so I hit Amazon. It is an amazing book with lots of details on fresh produce, nutritional information, recipes and well illustrated. I purchased it 2nd hand and am glad to have it in my kitchen.

The Food Doctor : Healing Foods for the Mind and Body
The Food Doctor : Healing Foods for the Mind and Body
by Ian Marber

5.0 out of 5 stars A little Gem, 5 Sept. 2011
I bought this book as I'm studying Nutritional Therapy and felt it would be nice to have for clients. It is nicely written with simple, down to earth information on body systems, some common conditions, foods and some lovely recipe ideas. Change is difficult for most people and particularly when processed food is so easy to access and is relatively cheap. This book will give you an idea on what your body needs and tips to get started. I particularly like the 'Top 100 foods' section.

RAVING RABBIDS INVADE THE WORLD ** 10 PACKS **
RAVING RABBIDS INVADE THE WORLD ** 10 PACKS **
Offered by MustBeBonkers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality plastic toys, 8 Jan. 2011
This product was purchased for a Santa delivery. The initial excitement was wonderful as we cannot get them here in Republic of Ireland yet. However, within minutes, the figures had ears falling off, little attachments were falling off. My boy is 9yrs old and treats his toys with great respect. These figures do not balance well (i.e. stand up properly) and falling just a small distance caused breakages and a lot of distress. Out of 10 packets we had 4 casualties on Christmas morning. They are now on a shelf - 'not to be touched'. Overall - 0/10 as in a big fat 0 out of 10 in the ratings. Worst purchase ever :-(

World's Healthiest Foods, The: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
World's Healthiest Foods, The: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
by George Mateljan

4.0 out of 5 stars A helping hand with Healthy Eating, 15 Jun. 2009
I am studying Nutritional Therapy and thought this book would compliment some of my course work. It has lots of good information on nutrition - i.e. essential nutrients etc. As food should be the main source of these essential nutrients this book is fantastic - so many fabulous recipes and excellent alternatives for any type of diet/food intolerance if you want to make the effort.
I was at a cookery demo yesterday (run by the college) and the nutritionists giving the demo had this book and it was well fingered and pages marked with post-its which I felt was a great sign.
It is great value for the amount of reading it contains - ENJOY :-)

The Lemon Juice Diet: With a foreword by Dr Marilyn Glenville
The Lemon Juice Diet: With a foreword by Dr Marilyn Glenville
by Theresa Cheung

3.0 out of 5 stars Lemony snicket, 27 April 2009
Book put together quite well. I'm somewhat sceptical about diving straight into so much citrus as this would not be totally beneficial to the body. Perhaps take one day in four at the start and begin cut down/cut out tactics slowly so as not to shock the digestive system and other organs in the body.