Profile for Art Garfunkel > Reviews

Content by Art Garfunkel

Art Garfunkel

Philips HX8372/51 Sonicare Air Floss Pro Rechargeable Power Flosser with 250 ml Listerine

1.0 out of 5 stars Fundamental design problem?, 25 May 2016
There appears to be a fundamental design problem with the Philips Sonicare Air Floss Pro. I have had two and they have both worked for a few weeks before refusing to start despite being fully charged. I have now ordered another replacement directly from Philips (my third Air Floss Pro). To be fair to Philips, they do replace them without a huge hassle but I do have the feeling that I will get to the end of the warranty period and my nth replacement will break down and I'll have to go back to using normal string floss. I can't recommend this product and would suggest looking for an alternative flosser.

IDAPT i4 Universal Charger with 4 Points of Charge - Black
IDAPT i4 Universal Charger with 4 Points of Charge - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 3 years, 28 Mar. 2015
It worked well for just over 3 years but now the on / off switch is faulty and I am nervous about using it for safety reasons.

Medipaq® Freedom Wedge Cushion - Great for Coccyx Relief, Lumbar Support, Back Pain in the Car or at Home (Jet Black 3-D Mesh)
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely Works, 15 Jun. 2014
I've been suffering from upper back pain and found the pain to be worse when sitting in the car where my knees tended to be higher than my bottom. This cushion made a big difference in reducing the discomfort I was feeling. I'm guessing it does this by distributing my weight along my thighs rather than placing most of the strain up my spine. Works well in theory and in practice.

Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements

3.0 out of 5 stars Too cold and clinical for the home, 1 Mar. 2013
While these lights are the same physical size as the 50W halogen's they are not as bright. This isn't my main problem with them; it's the cool, clinical light quality they give off. It reminds me of those awful fluorescent tubes of years gone by. Although they are described as warm white, they are most certainly not warm. They are rated as having a colour temperature of 3000K. I suspect what I really needed was a bulb with a colour temperature around 2700K which is often described as very warm white. I'm putting my Halogen 50W bulbs back and I'll wait until I find some LED lights rated at 2700K at the price point of these bulbs. Sorry, I can't recommend 3000K bulbs at all.

Canon CLI-526 Inkjet Cartridge Page Life 1349pp Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Multipack Ref 4541B006

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging with product, 22 Mar. 2012
I suspect that the absence of the illustrated packaging is to reduce postage costs. I have received genuine Canon cartridges like these in the past (loose and in a jiffy bag) and have had no problems and I am just about to order the same again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2013 11:44 AM GMT

Rotary Men's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap GS02839/01

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks better in real life than it does on screen, 13 Jan. 2012
I'd been looking for a watch with a moon phase indicator; you just don't know when someone might walk up to you in the street and ask if you happen to have the right moon phase. I am so fussy when it comes to choosing watches and eventually decided on this. The reality is that this watch looks better in real life than it does on a computer screen. It arrived in good time and keeps good time. It's not too chunky yet looks substantial at the same time. I'm very pleased with it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 9:29 AM GMT

TP-LINK WLAN LITEN REPEA. 150 M. AP-MOD.
TP-LINK WLAN LITEN REPEA. 150 M. AP-MOD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for and does exactly as it is supposed to, 2 Oct. 2011
Excellent value. I took it out of the box, plugged it in, pressed the button to do the initial connection with my network. All worked with no problems. Connects automatically when switched back on without the need to press the button again and covers the dead spots in my house with a decent signal for my Ipad and IPod touch. At last I can watch BBC Iplayer in bed on my Ipad without interruption.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 Bundle (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9 Bundle (PC/Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at performance, 25 Jan. 2011
I was apprehensive about buying Elements 9 after reading reviews about slow performance with Premiere. I was pleasantly surprised to find this unfounded (at least with my experience). Premiere Elements 7 was practically unusable with the AVCHD Lite video format from my Panasonic stills camera but with 9 I experienced a complete turnaround in performance. I got the bundle at a great price (I wouldn't have taken the risk otherwise) and I'm really glad I did. No more leaving the video rendering overnight which should save a few pence in electricity. Photoshop Elements has a few nice extra features although I was happy with Photoshop Elements 6. However, given the bundled price it was worthwhile getting both together. Why not 5 out of 5? Some features aren't quite as intuitive as they could be but that's about it.