Profile for J. Lambert > Reviews

Content by J. Lambert

J. Lambert "sleekpony" (Dorset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
ClimbOn Products 2oz Creme -
ClimbOn Products 2oz Creme -
Offered by Climb Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars I would not be without it!, 15 Oct 2014
I regularly use the Climb On creme and the Climb On bar. It is amazing stuff and really takes the heat out of sore, windsurfers' hands. My proof is from several windsurfing clinics where everyone else's hands have blistered up and the blisters have gone through, while mine hands were not even red and sore! The creme is quite greasy and best for intensive overnight repair, whereas I use the bar straight after a session. We windsurfers are protective of our leathery palms, but Climb On does not weaken the skin in any way. It works wonders on chapped cheeks and cured a friend's skiing blisters in a day!

Lucy's Food: Minimum Effort, Maximum Impact!
Lucy's Food: Minimum Effort, Maximum Impact!
by Lucy Cufflin

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cookbook you'll need (apart from Delia!), 13 Oct 2014
This is a fantastic book which is different from any other that I have seen. It makes life extra easy by offering menu suggestions of dishes to go with each recipe and tips on how to adapt the recipes for those with popular food intolerances and alternate dietary choices. The recipes are quick, easy and tasty. Minimum effort, Maximum impact - Yep!

Corona 3-Drawer Bedside
Corona 3-Drawer Bedside

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 13 Oct 2014
Very pleased with this as a budget bedside for my spare room. Less than £50 for a solid wood cabinet is great value and it looks much more classy than the MDF alternatives in this price bracket. It was straightforward to assemble and took about an hour to put together.

Zelsius® - Letter Box with Newspaper Holder, Stainless Steel, Wall Mounted
Zelsius® - Letter Box with Newspaper Holder, Stainless Steel, Wall Mounted
Offered by CS Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking but not very secure, 13 Oct 2014
This is a fab looking post box and looks really smart with the silver number that I have stuck on to it. It was very easy to install. The only down side with it is that it is not very secure - the wide mail slot makes it relatively easy for someone to pull the mail back out of the box through the slot. I am not too worried about this as I have located the box indoors, but it could be an issue if the box were located in an area with public access.

Resistance Bands Set | Exercise Bands | Home Gym Fitness Equipment | Workout Bands | Exercise Equipment for Pilates Yoga Core Training

1.0 out of 5 stars Their resistance is low!, 13 Oct 2014
These are a bit cheap and rubbish! None of the bands offer very much resistance at all. To get any resistance, you would need to double up the bands. I would recommend buying a better and more expensive set.

Corona 6-Drawer Wide Chest
Corona 6-Drawer Wide Chest
Offered by mercersfurniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks more expensive than it was!, 13 Oct 2014
I am very pleased with this as a piece of budget furniture for my spare bedroom. Once built (which took about 2 hours with a conventional screwdriver) it looked a lot more expensive than it actually cost. It is solid wood and is much nicer than the MDF furniture, which is the alternative in this price bracket.

Stewart Lee - Carpet Remnant World [DVD]
Stewart Lee - Carpet Remnant World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Disappointing, 10 May 2014
Having watched Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle on TV and loving the sparklingly clever humour, the quirkiness and the fabulous way he drew you in with his storytelling, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with this. It was a stand up show about not very much. It was clever how he got you to the theme of Carpet Remnant World, but he could have done it about half an hour quicker and with less contrived material. It was mildly entertaining to watch once, but for me, not a keeper.

Freestyle Unisex 101810 Shark Classic Digital Yellow Pink Case Watch
Freestyle Unisex 101810 Shark Classic Digital Yellow Pink Case Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working the first time it was immersed!, 10 May 2014
I purchased this watch in Maui (not from Amazon!) I love the style and it makes me happy every time I look at it, because it reminds me of the holiday BUT - I bought it because I wanted a waterproof watch. I didn't use it on the water until I got back to the UK and unfortunately, it stopped working immediately after we got our first ducking. I was hoping that it was a coincidence and that it was just the battery, but the watch repairer confirmed that there was a leak on the face, just underneath where it says 'Freestyle' at the top. Replacing the battery got it working again, so at least it still tells the time and makes me happy to look at it, but that still makes it rather an expensive novelty watch as the leak cannot be repaired so it is useless the water. I have contacted Freestyle to see what they say. An equitable outcome would be if they pay for me to go back to Maui to change it at the shop where I bought it... (Joking!)

Pinnacle Studio 16 (PC)
Pinnacle Studio 16 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Product & Support - as useful as a chocolate teapot, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Pinnacle Studio 16 (PC) (CD-ROM)
We bought this software as it was recommended to use with MOV files from a Contour Roam head camera. It doesn't! It downloaded all the clips as JPEGS and the movies as sound files.
It wasn't us - we called on a friend who is a professional editor; he could not get it to work.
The product came with 'Free 14 Day Support.' It may as well have been lifetime support, given that it was impossible to make contact with Pinnacle either via the website, phone or e mail. All means of contact were unobtainable and the website invariably sends you back to FAQs via various routes.
Thankfully, the supplier refunded our money.
It may work with other file types, but don't expect any help!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 12:44 PM BST

Sportube Series 2 Original Hard Sided Skicase - Black, 28 X 15 X 130 To 210 Cm
Sportube Series 2 Original Hard Sided Skicase - Black, 28 X 15 X 130 To 210 Cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Reserving Judgement, 21 Dec 2011
Just picked up my Sport Tube from the carrier. When I unpacked it, my first impression was that the Sport Tube appears to be made of relatively flimsy-looking plastic and probably cost only a few pounds to manufacture. Do not expect Samsonite; it is more like the grade of plastic used to make compost bins.

The two halves are joined together at a single point with a spring clip. The clip looks like it could easily flick undone, even without the rigours of baggage handling. For a price of over £100 for the 2 ski carrier, I was disappointed to find that a lock, which I view as a necessity, has to be ordered separately. The Sport Tube has wheels to allow you to pull it along. However, the handle to allow you to do this has also to be purchased separately!

The instructions as to how to prepare the skis to go into the sport tube are not particularly easy to follow and I am concerned that the elastic bands supplied to hold the skis' brakes back flush on the bindings will bend the brake arms or damage the springs.

I have yet to travel with the Sport Tube, so am reserving judgement. It will offer more protection than the soft bag that I had before. I am, however, disappointed in the quality, the flimsy, single point connection of the two halves and the failure to include essential accessories in a price that seems very high for what is actually supplied. I think it will probably do its job, although at the moment, I am glad that my skis are insured...

Addendum
I have had the Sport Tube for over a year now and it HAS protected my skis. The airline baggage handlers did manage to put an enormous dent in it, however. The skis were unharmed, as it is a double carrier and the dent was fortunately in the top of the side that contained the shorter pair skis, so there was no ski beneath the impact zone. If it were a single carrier, I have no doubt that it would have been an insurance claim. The Sport Tube is certainly not bulletproof, but does offer more protection than a cloth bag. I have now taken further measures to protect my skis - I drive to Europe rather than fly. The Sport Tube is great on the roof rack and I have full control over its handling!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 12:42 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2