Profile for Lydia Hartley > Reviews

Content by Lydia Hartley

Lydia Hartley "xLydx" (Bournemouth, UK)

Pokémon Diamond (Nintendo DS)
Pokémon Diamond (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - I'd recommend Pokemon to everyone and anyone!, 20 May 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Heck - I'm 19 - I remember playing Pokemon on my Gameboy when I was a wee kid!

And I must say - Diamond and Pearl do NOT disappoint. There are so many new features and options that it is almost impossible to put the game down. The wifi capabilities are very exciting - you can battle and trade with people all over the world.

The graphics are great, and the storyline as quite complex and long.

There are just two things that could have made this game better -

1. More FIRE type Pokemon! There are only TWO available to obtain before you pretty much complete the game....which is RUBBISH!
2. Slightly more obvious prompts as to where you have to go next after completing a task - if you play this game for a month then put it down for a month, you'll probably be lost the next time you pick it up and carry on playing again.

Other than those two things, this game will provide hours and hours of fun. And you can always star a new game and built up a different team, train different Pokemon, complete your pokedex again - which is very difficult - the complexity of the game is amazing.

And the best bit? No two pokemon in the game are ever the same. XD

Kirby Mouse Attack (Nintendo DS)
Kirby Mouse Attack (Nintendo DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, just a bit short!, 20 May 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't know what to expect when I picked this game up...but I was not disappointed.

If you're trying to simply finish the game without collecting all the items and treasure, it is over very quickly. However, there are some very challenging parts to the game - some of the bosses are very difficult to beat, and you have to think quite strategically about how to get to certain treasure chests. I've always been a fan of platform games which involve collecting items, so this one was straight down my street.

The music is really fun to listen to too!

Wario: Master of Disguise (Nintendo DS)
Wario: Master of Disguise (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm....disappointing....., 20 May 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Well, what can I say?

I generally love the Wario games - but this one was just far too complicated for what it was intended to be. The fact that you have to use the stylus to play the entire game just puts you off - it just becomes tedious! I also found the general levels quite difficult too, purely because the map system is rather poor. Different parts of the level just murge into eachother when looking at the map for guidence.

Bring back old skool Wario!

Princess Mononoke [DVD]
Princess Mononoke [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of Miyazaki's best, 21 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Princess Mononoke [DVD] (DVD)
Princess Mononoke is by far my favourite Studio Ghibli film. The artwork and the music are stunning.

I found the film quite moving too - it covers so many issues and though-provoking concepts to do with nature and how we as humans treat our environment. It is so beautiful.

Any Miyazaki fan, or anyone looking for a film with something deeper behind it, will love Princess Mononoke.

Akira - The Ultimate Collection [1991] [DVD]
Akira - The Ultimate Collection [1991] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nozomu Sasaki
Offered by Films and Figures (Free Recorded Delivery On All Orders)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best anime films ever created, 21 Mar. 2007
I remember being recommended Akira a few times before I actually bothered to watch it - and blimey - I was NOT disappointed!

The plot and general style of the film was very much ahead of it's time. Some of the action sequesnces are just mind-blowing.

This is the kind of film that leaves you thinking for days after you've watched it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Fullmetal Alchemist volume 7
Fullmetal Alchemist volume 7
by Hiromu Arakawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic, exciting and fast-moving., 14 Jun. 2006
FMA is probably one of the best anime and manga series' out there. The story moves a lot faster in the manga and there are quite a few plot changes - fans of the anime should definitely buy this.

I recommnd Full Metal Alchemist to new manga fans too - the plot is complex, exciting and dramatic - there's a lot of humour as well!

The artwork is incredible - particularly in the action scenes. Arakawa's illustrations are detailed and realistic.

Volume 7 is definitely my favourite so far and I can't wait for the rest of the series!