Profile for Kris > Reviews

Content by Kris

Kris

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Also disappointed, 6 Dec. 2013
I chose to ignore bad reviews about poor packaging and am a bit narked as a consequence.

It's a reasonable assumption, I think, that any product such as this that is sold at this time of year will be a gift for someone. So why did it come packaged in black plastic shrink-wrap that did nothing to stop the box getting battered to smithereens in the post?? The same black plastic shrink-wrap that smells foul and leaves a sticky residue all over you hands, all over the sofa you were sitting on when you unwrapped the parcel, and all over the box as well.

The item inside was fine (although it didn't have any ballbearings included: great!) but it looks really tatty due to the box being in such poor condition. I bought a cheap board game from Hamley's online recently and they bothered to send it out in a nice sturdy box, so I don't know why this seller couldn't.

The game itself looks great fun (and am looking forward to trying it out with the friend for whom it's been bought) but it leaves a bit of a sour taste when sellers can't even respect their customers sufficiently to package an item properly before chucking it in the post.

Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-RF865 Wireless Closed Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by ASK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - very pleased, 16 Nov. 2013
These have transformed the way I listen to music, particularly as I've just finished putting all my 80s vinyl onto CD and there was a limit to how much more AC/DC and Iron Maiden my wife could take. They are supremely comfortable, very easy to operate and dock/charge, and the stand plugs into pretty-much anything with a 3.5mm mic port. The sound quality is extremely good (in fact, it can show up deficiencies in the equipment you're playing the CD on: don't connect the headphones up to a tatty old laptop, for example) and it's a revelation to hear CDs I've had for years in crystal clear sound. The range is excellent too: they work everywhere in our quirky old house, which is a rabbit-warren of small rooms with thick walls, as well as right down the end of the garden.

A few small downsides you should be aware of. There is a very (but it is only very) small amount of noise leakage. The volume control can get adjusted by, say, the collar on a puffa jacket. And sometimes they do slip very slightly if you have a small head. But none of these detract from the fact that, in my view, these are a top product. Particularly as I'm not a fan of "inner ear" headphones that are so fashionable these days, and because I find anything heavy on my head quite disconcerting, I am very pleased with them. Just remember not to shake your head too vigorously to the music (old habits die hard...), and resist the temptation to sing along to what you're listening to!