Profile for E Young > Reviews

E Young

SEO BASICS: SEO Made Easy for Beginners
SEO BASICS: SEO Made Easy for Beginners

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 13 April 2015
So poorly written I couldn't get past page four. There may well be some interesting insights in here but sadly the delivery let it down.

What's Stopping You Being More Confident?
What's Stopping You Being More Confident?
by Robert Kelsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 2 Mar. 2013
I rarely write reviews but I had to about this book. I've just finished it and, pretty unheard of for me, I'm just about to read it again. I've read lots of books on confidence over the years but none have been so concise or so compelling as this one.

What's different about it?
Kelsey uses his own continuing battle with under-confidence as the core narrative, sharing stories and anecdotes that make it obvious that he really does 'get it'. He absolutely knows how it feels.

It's this honesty and transparency about the often irrational feelings under-confidence can conjure that makes the book feel so authentic. It also has none of the thinly-veiled smugness of some self-help books I could mention.

On a practical level, the chapters are short and concise with handy boxed summaries at the end for quick recaps. It's well-researched and referenced and as I'm finding, the tools and techniques to help build lasting confidence are really effective.

In summary, I loved it. It's really helped me and I'd give it six stars if I could.

The Foretelling: A Journey to Truth
The Foretelling: A Journey to Truth

4.0 out of 5 stars Great page turner, 12 Aug. 2012
I was pleasantly surprised with The Foretelling. It's an intricate story but an absorbing one and I almost missed my train stop reading it which speaks for itself!

How to Change your Life: One day at a time
How to Change your Life: One day at a time
by Stuart Young

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring stuff, 24 Jun. 2012
I have book shelves stacked full of self improvement books, most of them not finished. But I have to confess I've cheated with this one and read right up to December already!

What makes this one different is that it's an idea a day and it's guided by the principle that small changes make a big difference. We're all so busy and so easily distracted these days and I'm no different, but a page a day is an easy habit to get into. It's got a nice down-to-earth style and is really easy to read, which is probably why I've cheated and read nearly a whole year's worth already!

It's crammed full of great ideas and I also like that the author has commented on how he gets on trying to implement his own ideas. It makes it feel more genuine than others I've read which are more 'do as I say, not do as I do'.

I've given it four stars - I wanted to give it 4.5 but it doesn't allow for halves! The only reason I didn't get it five was because I would have loved more case studies. The ones included are great but I would have liked a few more - but maybe I'm being greedy!