Profile for Mark > Reviews

Mark

Redged TSC-525K Ultimate Travel Tripod Carbon Kit
Redged TSC-525K Ultimate Travel Tripod Carbon Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb travel tripod, 20 Jun 2014
I bought this to sit alongside a pair of much more expensive Gitzos I own, to use when travelling. It has been so successful I am on the verge of selling one of the Gitzos!

The tripod is small, light, sturdy and well built. I have used it with a Canon 5D3 and 24mm TS-E, 135mmf2 etc, and also with a Mamiya 645 AFDii with medium format digital back, both quite heavy setups, all without issue.

The centre column reverses inside the legs to save room. The ball head does the job and is Arca Swiss compatible which is important to me as I use L brackets on all my cameras and wouldn't want to have to replace all my brackets and quick release plates.

I walked 62 miles in 5 days around Berlin with the tripod clipped to my bag, it was always ready for action and meant I got shots I'd have missed without.

Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop
Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop
Offered by iZilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, 20 Jun 2014
A nicely made iPad case, it feels like it will protect the iPad well. The magnetic clasp locks the iPad as it closes. Can be stood up when watching movies etc. Camera cutout on the rear.

If I could add anything it would be a slit in the cover to put a business card in in case of loss but that is a very minor thing.

Bolse® Newly designed 4 Port USB portable AC Rapid Charger - 20 Watt / 4A For iPhone, iPad, Samsung Android Smartphones and other usb powered devices
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, powerful, ideal for travel, 20 Jun 2014
With an iPhone, an iPad and various other USB charging devices I wanted something to carry when travelling to cut down on weight, this device answered that requirement perfectly.

It is small, well built, has a good chunky feel and the fact that the pins fold down make it perfect for dropping into a travel bag without puncturing it.

You can't go wrong at the price either.

Belkin Wemo Home Automation Switch for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and Android Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, great product, 28 April 2014
I wanted a timer to turn lights on and off when I was away from home, progressing that further when I found I could control them remotely I had to have some of that.

Setup was a 30 second job, straight onto a home wifi network, dead easy.

The app works as you would want, and shows the status of the device, so you know if, for example, a light is on or off. The scheduling is useful and includes references to sunrise and sunset rather than just fixed times.

I'd recommend them to anyone, they're far better than standard timer switches and lots more flexible, for only a slight bit more money.

SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit for Smartphone Devices - Black
Offered by HG Amazing Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Stupid name, great product, 28 Jan 2014
I move from car to car with my work so needed a handsfree solution I could take with me. Supertooth Buddy was just the job.

Sound quality is superb, at both ends.

Battery life is superb, many many hours of talktime and weeks of standby time.

Charged over Micro USB so no need for additional chargers, just a cable.

Small and unobtrusive.

All in all a cracking, useful product.