Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Mark

Page: 1 | 2
iPhone 6 Case [HEAVY DUTY] with Dual Poly Compound Case for Added Protection. Never Risk Breaking Your iPhone 6 Again 4.7inch - Black Edition.
Offered by Hi-Tekh UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug. 2015
A nice solid case, feels like it will offer a good level of protection. Great value for money.

Peak Design Capture P.O.V Camera Strap Mount
Peak Design Capture P.O.V Camera Strap Mount
Offered by RK Photographic

4.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality., 30 Jun. 2015
A really good product, well made and does the job it is designed to do.

Mine fits on the shoulder of a buoyancy aid, as the coxswain of a rescue boat it keeps my body cam attached to me.

J Pillow Travel Pillow - Winner of British Invention of the Year 2013 (Navy)
J Pillow Travel Pillow - Winner of British Invention of the Year 2013 (Navy)
Offered by Jensen's Inventions

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for long haul, 30 Jun. 2015
Great for travelling, infinitely better than the traditional C shaped travel pillows, I wouldn't be without one for long haul.

If I could change one thing it would be to make it pack down smaller but I suppose that is a hazard of it being squishy and comfortable.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H7  halogen headlamp bulb
64210NBU-HCB +110% more light and +20% whiter light in double box
OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H7 halogen headlamp bulb 64210NBU-HCB +110% more light and +20% whiter light in double box

3.0 out of 5 stars Good whilst they lasted, short lifespan., 10 Feb. 2015
I fitted these at the end of November and they certainly offered a performance advantage over standard H7s, a nice even white light.

The downside is they only lasted 3 months before they popped within a week of one another which makes it a £100 a year bulb habit.

Remington XR1330 Hyper Flex Rechargeable Wet and Dry Shaver
Remington XR1330 Hyper Flex Rechargeable Wet and Dry Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars A credible alternative to a wet shave, and much more convenient., 24 Sept. 2014
I've had a few electric shavers over the years and have never been that impressed, they've never presented a credible alternative to a wet shave. This is the first electric shaver I have had which has changed that opinion, it is 95% as good as a wet shave in my opinion and much quicker and easier on a morning. The battery lasts well and the shaver captures trimmed hair so if you're already dressed and just having a spruce up you don't end up with a shirt covered in tiny hair shavings.

Frostfire Mooncode - Large Portable and Wall-Mounted Key Storage Security Lock
Frostfire Mooncode - Large Portable and Wall-Mounted Key Storage Security Lock
Offered by Innovationstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Good well built key safe, ideal for sailing / surfing / outdoors, 24 Sept. 2014
Well built and secure. I bought this to use whilst sailing, modern car keys don't much like being submerged in saltwater and whilst I could use an Aquapac or drybag it is all unnecessary bulk to be carrying. In addition should I go overboard at least my next of kin have the code and can recover my car!

The safe is well built, comes with a mounting kit in case you are fixing it permanently and has a good weighty feel to it.

Redged TSC-525K Ultimate Travel Tripod Carbon Kit
Redged TSC-525K Ultimate Travel Tripod Carbon Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb travel tripod, 20 Jun. 2014
I bought this to sit alongside a pair of much more expensive Gitzos I own, to use when travelling. It has been so successful I am on the verge of selling one of the Gitzos!

The tripod is small, light, sturdy and well built. I have used it with a Canon 5D3 and 24mm TS-E, 135mmf2 etc, and also with a Mamiya 645 AFDii with medium format digital back, both quite heavy setups, all without issue.

The centre column reverses inside the legs to save room. The ball head does the job and is Arca Swiss compatible which is important to me as I use L brackets on all my cameras and wouldn't want to have to replace all my brackets and quick release plates.

I walked 62 miles in 5 days around Berlin with the tripod clipped to my bag, it was always ready for action and meant I got shots I'd have missed without.

Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop
Belkin Dot Folio Case with Stand for iPad Mini - Blacktop

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, 20 Jun. 2014
A nicely made iPad case, it feels like it will protect the iPad well. The magnetic clasp locks the iPad as it closes. Can be stood up when watching movies etc. Camera cutout on the rear.

If I could add anything it would be a slit in the cover to put a business card in in case of loss but that is a very minor thing.

Bolse® Newly designed 4 Port USB portable AC Rapid Charger - 20 Watt / 4A For iPhone, iPad, Samsung Android Smartphones and other usb powered devices
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, powerful, ideal for travel, 20 Jun. 2014
With an iPhone, an iPad and various other USB charging devices I wanted something to carry when travelling to cut down on weight, this device answered that requirement perfectly.

It is small, well built, has a good chunky feel and the fact that the pins fold down make it perfect for dropping into a travel bag without puncturing it.

You can't go wrong at the price either.

Belkin Wemo Home Automation Switch for Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and Android Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, great product, 28 April 2014
I wanted a timer to turn lights on and off when I was away from home, progressing that further when I found I could control them remotely I had to have some of that.

Setup was a 30 second job, straight onto a home wifi network, dead easy.

The app works as you would want, and shows the status of the device, so you know if, for example, a light is on or off. The scheduling is useful and includes references to sunrise and sunset rather than just fixed times.

I'd recommend them to anyone, they're far better than standard timer switches and lots more flexible, for only a slight bit more money.

Page: 1 | 2