Profile for Nicki > Reviews

Content by Nicki

Nicki "NR-YORKS" (Yorkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Let It Go
Let It Go

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love it you love it!, 24 Dec 2014
This review is from: Let It Go (MP3 Download)
Definitely prefer this original version

Let It Go (Single Version)
Let It Go (Single Version)

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the original, 24 Dec 2014
Not as good as the original - it just highlights that she's not as good...but it's ok.

How to be both
How to be both

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 24 Dec 2014
This review is from: How to be both (Kindle Edition)
Had to buy this for a course I'm doing. It's dire. Very "modern", not my kind of thing, not readable if you're not into this experimental style. It's probably won a ton of awards...I would never have bought it if it wasn't on my reading list and I'm probably going to look for a "blagger's guide" so I don't actually need to read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 Jan 2014
Ok, it doesn't come in a tin...

I wanted a 4.5 tog duvet, preferably allergy free so when I saw this it seemed to fit the bill. I was a bit concerned (funnily enough) with the cheapness but it was perfect.

I was a bit concerned that it was so thin (even for 4.5 tog) but it had been vacuum packed so you have to give it a good shake to fluff it up but then it's just right.

Charm Stud Earrings Bat Jewelry for Women Indian Sterling Silver
Charm Stud Earrings Bat Jewelry for Women Indian Sterling Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars "Cool", 1 Oct 2013
I'll start with a disclaimer that I've not actually seen these earrings! I ordered them for (and sent them direct to) my 16 year old niece. I asked her if they were ok and she said they were "really cool" and they were good quality. They don't irritate her ears or anything. So she thinks they're great.

I only gave it 4 stars because I feel a bit strange about saying I say I love something when they weren't for me! But I'd buy them again if I had another niece who's into gothic stuff.

Nimbus Pure Cotton Percale Plain Housewife Standard Pillowcase Pair, White
Nimbus Pure Cotton Percale Plain Housewife Standard Pillowcase Pair, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain, simple, cotton, 6 Jun 2013
Not a lot to say - I wanted cotton bedding for "coolness" (temperature-wise) - this is ideal. It's as described, plain and simple and it does what I want.

feather & black Everyday Blue Single Duvet  Cover
feather & black Everyday Blue Single Duvet Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool (temperature), 6 Jun 2013
I bought some cotton bedding as I find stuff with polyester a bit "sweaty". This does the job really well. Cool, plain, does what you'd expect. It has buttons on the open edge and I think they're kind of "inside" so they're hidden - but I'm not terribly domesticated so I'm no expert on such things!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a sponge!, 6 Jun 2013
This would appear to do "what it says on the tin" but I should say that I've not washed anything with it!! I bought a load of them for a wet-sponge-fight. They seem decent enough quality and they should be good for car washing....and I certainly bought enough to last a while!!

Basildon Bond Medium Watermarked Premium Envelopes White 593168 (89mm x 187mm) Pack of 20
Offered by K Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars ok in their own right, 25 Mar 2013
These envelopes are fine in terms of quality but they're an awkward size. I bought them with an A4 writing pad but they're completely mismatched, in both width and depth. You need to have a black belt in origami to fold an A4 sheet into one of these envelopes and that gets impractical with multiple sheets. I'm not sure which size pad they'd suit. Oh well, back to standard business envelopes and hope the recipients don't mistake them for bills!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, not great product packaging, 9 Mar 2013
I bought this for a friend. She liked the idea of champagne with pamper products. When I saw it I thought the basket was nice. The only down side was the Aloe Vera packaging was quite "utilitarian". I don't know why I thought that was a problem it just didn't look very "elegant" as a gift in that kind of basket.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3