Profile for Prem Ghinde > Reviews

Sony SRS-X2 Wireless Speaker with NFC and Bluetooth - Red
Sony SRS-X2 Wireless Speaker with NFC and Bluetooth - Red
Offered by liGo

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 24 Jun. 2016
High quality speaker and really detailed mids and high. However very lacking in bass levels.

TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker, 20W Boom X Premium Wireless Stereo (Aluminum-Alloy, Strong Bass, Built-in Microphone, Two Subwoofers) for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, and More
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass from a small package., 24 Jun. 2016
I bought a Sony X2 speaker as it was on a deal and was let down by the bass levels. I thought I'd give this a go and while it doesn't quite have the top end fidelity of the Sony, the bass is incredible for such a small package. It is just as loud as the Sony speaker and I couldn't notice any distortion at the max volume not that I'll ever use it there I don't think.

Patuoxun Mini DisplayPort(3 in 1 ) Thunderbolt to HDMI/DVI/VGA Display Port Cable Adapter for Apple Mac Book MacBook Pro MacBook Air Mac mini
Offered by Patox

4.0 out of 5 stars Only had the chance to try out the HDMI and ..., 22 Mar. 2015
Only had the chance to try out the HDMI and VGA connection but they work perfectly. The only minor gripe I have with this is that the end block is at a quarter turn to the connection with the laptop.

What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us
What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow the info in this book and you won't look back, 6 Jan. 2014
After absorbing and applying what Guy has imparted in this book my interaction levels on Google+ increased dramatically as I found new people and communities who share the same technical and also obscure interests that I do.

I think most helpful was the information on the how to communicate on G+.

Plugable 7-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Hub with 20W Power Adapter UK and EU Mains (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux Support with Full USB 2.0 Backwards Compatibility)
Offered by PELI Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 15 July 2013
The speeds are fantastic. Doesn't feel like there has been any drop in speed over connecting directly to be my laptop. Great product.

Plugable® USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI Video Graphics Adapter Card for Multiple Monitors up to 2560x1440 (HDMI) / 1920x1200 (DVI). DisplayLink DL-3500 Chipset - Supports Windows 8.1, 8, 7, and XP

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Macbook Air, 3 July 2013
I bought 3 of these to replace the standard display link connection to one monitor. I've currently got 2 external monitors wired up and it works really well. There is the tiniest of lag when using the mouse, it's a barely perceptible stutter more than anything, I'm happy with this for the benefits having the extra real estate gives me.

The thing I would caution is if you are a heavy user of VMWare Fusion. I have both Ubuntu and Windows 8 VMs that I use regularly and while the Windows 8 VM works reasonably well, the Ubuntu VM is painful. Especially if you make use of the 4 workspaces heavily like I do. The redrawing lag is unacceptable and even typing lags and gets multiple hits, for example I would type 'hello' and 'heeeeeeeellllllo' would appear. Now I put this mostly down to VMWare rather than the adapters as using Skype in the Ubuntu VM suffers from some heavy audio lag too. I've managed to minimise this by not have the VM spread to all available monitors, only having it on one monitor (one of the externals provided by Plugable). It's now just about useable and the typing issues have gone.

I have also noticed the screensaver making the processor work overtime as mentioned by another reviewer. Same solution as they gave, disable your screensaver, no big loss.

Coupled with the 7-port USB 3 hub this is a fantastic solution to a problem I've been trying to solve for a while. Highly, highly recommended.

EDIT: Installing Xubuntu desktop on top of Ubuntu has solved even these problems so I'm now using the VM on all 2 (soon to be 3) monitors, leaving just a small lag when typing. Looks like it was the default animations playing havoc with the cards.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 10:21 PM GMT