Profile for Jeremy Norman > Reviews

Jeremy Norman

The Banneret's Blade: Trouble Brewing
The Banneret's Blade: Trouble Brewing

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy, exciting romp through medieval England., 30 Aug 2014
My bodice has been ripped, my cod pieced - a truly engaging and exciting first novel set in medieval England. Nick has researched his subject well; the work is historically accurate and full of fascinating detail. Both the knights and the nights are full of interest. It could have done with a bit more proof-reading but that is a luxury not available to those without the back office support of a major publisher. I found the narrative engaging. Do read it.

White Mischief
White Mischief
by James Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars He missed a key clue, 27 April 2013
This review is from: White Mischief (Paperback)
Diana lived for many years, while married to Lord Delamere, in a lesbian relationship with Lady Pat Fairweather. This fact alters the way we should interpret the case. Diana was always a lesbian. I know because I lived in her house for two months in 1965. I have revealed the real answer in my book " No Make Up".

A Rather English Marriage [DVD] [1998]
A Rather English Marriage [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Albert Finney
Offered by media-4-u

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wet for words, 9 Sep 2012
This is a well acted period drama but the story is barely believable. The Tom Courtney character is too wet for words.

Spirits of Tangier
Spirits of Tangier
by Tessa Codrington

4.0 out of 5 stars Evocative and important photographs, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: Spirits of Tangier (Paperback)
Tessa Codrington has a long family association with Tangiers as well as being an accomplished photographer herself. This book documents Tangiers in the recent past with an insiders eye with haunting images of people and places. It is an important historical document as well as being a visual treat.

No Make-up: Straight Tales from a Queer Life
No Make-up: Straight Tales from a Queer Life
by Jeremy Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars Both Out and Closeted gay characters, 14 Sep 2011
This told me so much about gay social history in the second half of 20th C. In places, I was doubled up with laughter; the author has a dry wit that chimes with my take on life. `He is passionate but doesn't take himself too seriously. I found the book an easy read and always wanted more.