Profile for Lian01 > Reviews

Lian01

Survivors: The Quest
Survivors: The Quest

3.0 out of 5 stars only just started, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Survivors: The Quest (App)
Only been playing about an hour..... so far it's not too bad

Ghost Sex The Violation
Ghost Sex The Violation

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Sept. 2014
This book is terrifying and shocking and not for the faint hearted. It really asks the reader to question their beliefs in the supernatural and it's ability to interact with us, whether you're a firm believer or not you need to read this book with an open mind. 99% of books I read are based around the paranormal in some way (both fiction and non fiction) and I'm not easily spooked but reading this really set my mind working overtime and actually made me terrified for the main subject and her ordeals. I would recommend this to anyone that is wanting to delve into the really dark side of hauntings and really looking to question whether the darker side of the paranormal is fact. I would have given 5 stars but I would have liked the book to be longer and more in depth, other than that it's a very interesting read.

My Haunted Apartment
My Haunted Apartment

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, 31 Aug. 2014
As far as scary stories go this isn't really one of them. I'm not doubting it's authenticity, if this is a work of fiction the author probably would have made it much more thrilling, it's just nothing new. As an avid reader of true ghost and haunting experiences the odd footsteps in the empty room above and cats freaking out over nothing just aren't that interesting. The haunting probably gives the writer a good dinner story but I don't think it's book worthy, go and buy Paranormal Intruder instead.

Last Days
Last Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently scary, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Last Days (Kindle Edition)
My main aim with reading thriller/supernatural/scary books is that I want to be scared. I want to be thinking about the book when I'm not reading it and allow it to work it's way into my mind where my imagination runs wild and pulls me back to indulge in one more chapter. This book does that. From start to finish it's fast paced and very rarely strays off subject with needless back stories or useless filling. Adam Neville has a way of writing likeable characters that always make the supernatural story seem totally believable and this book is no exception. If you want a book that will suck you in and stay in your head long after you've finished it then read this.

The Stand
The Stand
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 July 2011
This review is from: The Stand (Paperback)
If (like me) you're a Stephen King newbie, I would highly recommend this book. I've only been reading his books for the last few months and this is a must read. You don't need to be a King fan to appreciate this book, you just need to have an open mind and a love of reading. The book may be long but if you're anything like me you'll find yourself wishing it was longer and thinking about it long after you've finished. If it was shorter you wouldn't feel as drawn in to the story, at no point does it get boring or feel like chapters could have been cut without affecting the story.
I loved this book. It makes you question everything from religion to how you'd survive being one of the few people left on earth! If you love reading just give this book a chance.

I have never written a review for a book (as you can probably tell!) but I enjoyed this book so much I thought I'd recommend it to as many people as possible!