Profile for David Mulrine > Reviews

Content by David Mulrine

David Mulrine

Bérurier au sérail (San-Antonio) (French Edition)
Bérurier au sérail (San-Antonio) (French Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Formidable!, 12 July 2013
Up to the usual standard of humour mixed with suspense. I've yet to read a poor San-Antonio, but as I've only read about 30, there are many more to go!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 12:07 PM BST

Stephen Fry in America
Stephen Fry in America

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 July 2013
Given Fry's obvious talents in other fields, this is a disappointing effort and compares, rather unfavourably, with, for example, similar books by Bill Bryson.

Without Fail: (Jack Reacher 6)
Without Fail: (Jack Reacher 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 May 2013
This was not the kind of action thriller I've come to expect in a Jack Reacher novel. I kept wondering when he was going to hit or shoot soneone and I jut didn't happen. The whole came across to me as an exercise in logistics.

Seagalogy: The Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal (New Updated Edition)
Seagalogy: The Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal (New Updated Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, 18 April 2013
This is a thoroughly researched piece of work which comes across as a labour of love. However, I do think you need to be a Seagal fan to work your way through the exhaustive treatments of his films, admirable though they may be. The only jarring note was the author's idiosyncratic grammar in such expressions as "too big of a . . ." - a solecism which I find creeping more and more into US speech. I read this on Kindle, so found it difficult to locate passages I had already read. All in all, I very much enjoyed reviewing films I had already seen, looking up cast members as they were mentioned, finding out how many appeared again and again and discovering what actually defines the Seagal-ness of a film. Top marks!

Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - Black  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by FirstDATA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 April 2013
I bought this as an afterthought. I was going abroad for a couple of months and decided to buy an iPad to keep in touch with friends and family and to listen to audiobooks on my travels. Now that I have the iPod I realise I should probably have bought a laptop to go with it instead of the iPad, as they both cover much the same fields, the iPod being much more portable.