Profile for stuart gunn > Reviews

Content by stuart gunn

stuart gunn "tx80ne"

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 17 Jun 2013
I bought this knife on impulse and I have to say, I'm glad I did! It's very well made, although I did have to tighten a few screws, which never happened with the SR Columbia knife, but other than that, it is solid. The finish is well done, I filed a couple of parts that were a tad rough but over all it's a great piece!

It lost a star for finish and loose screws, but that's only because it wouldn't let me give 4.5, which I feel this knife deserves! Quickly delivered and a great price!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 17 Jun 2013
I bought this knife, as a couple of others have, thinking it would be smaller. Knife was delivered in great time and well packaged. I opened the package thinking "this is a bit big" and out the knife came! It's a perfect size for my grip and the design is genius! It uses the whole handle as a stressed member for opening the knife! I nicked myself on first opening, but I'm 100% blind, I'm sure if you can see it won't happen! The working is very smooth, the lock is tight and solid, no extra play on the blade, just enough to not stress the joint. The finish to this is incredible, not only for the price point (which in my opinion is crazy, this is easy £50-70 pocket knife) but in general! Being blind I have to use touch to be able to 'see' and this piece didn't let itself down in any department, blade is very well made and very nicely curved and sharp, the 'handle' is not only an opening mech, but a really well made skeleton frame! Again, everything here is solid, there are no nasty wee edges to catch a nail or part of a finger on, the DLC coating is perfect all over, and trust me, I've been all over this knife!

In summery, amazing knife for the price point (this is the new upgraded 2013 version btw, he top of the tree!) I would never expect such good build quality and finish for a knife at this price, but you get the best with this! If you are a colector like myself, or if you get out in the rough and tumble, then it's a perfect companion for you! You need this knife in your life!!

Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow
Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow
by David Gemmell

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class as ever, 29 Dec 2005
Gemmell once more takes us on an epic adventure of history with his own twist. It has been said that this book is a bit slow and not as action packed as some of his Drenai series or Stones of Power book, but it is a multi part series about the same period of history, where as most of the other books were either stand alone or prequals to previous books, IE, the Druss the Legend series. This book deals with a period of time that has huge interest to me and, as always, I love the personal spin on the truth that David puts into his 'historical' books. This is a must for all Gemmell fans, and I cannot wait for the second book to come out! Buy it, you will not regret it!!!