Profile for R. Barlow > Reviews

Matching Bedrooms Hollowfibre Cushion Pad/Inner 16", Pack of 2
Offered by DLF Wholesale
Price: 3.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have, 16 Mar 2014
I have put both inner cushions into cushion covers and am very satisfied with the result. They should be easier to find considering the number of covers there are avilable.

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game for adults and children, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth Game (Toy)
I have played this with my two grandsons and found it fun and not too difficult to grasp what could be complicated rules. My grandsons helped me out. Not too much skill required but a great deal of luck!

Filofax Pocket Domino Organiser - Ultra Violet
Filofax Pocket Domino Organiser - Ultra Violet

2.0 out of 5 stars handsome but too bulky, 16 Mar 2014
It was not that it wasn't neat and relatively compact but I had completely misjudged how bulky/fat it would be and so I returned it because it wouldn't fit into any pockets in my handbag. The depth measurements were given but they were on the slim side.

Watership Down (Deluxe Edition) [DVD] [1978]
Watership Down (Deluxe Edition) [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Martin Rosen
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday gift, 8 April 2013
I only remember this film from childhood viewing in the cinema and for suitability relied on customer reviews when ordering.

The Watership Down: Film Picture Book
The Watership Down: Film Picture Book
by Martin Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed by adult and child, 12 Jan 2013
I had the video of this film and, while it differs in tone and omits some details from the book, it made an enjoyable bedtime reading and discussion about parts of the story that had not been grasped from reading the novel.

Manchester United Dressing Gown - Supersoft - Age 7 to 8 Years
Manchester United Dressing Gown - Supersoft - Age 7 to 8 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value - very co-operative sellers, 12 Jan 2013
I ordered this for a grandson for Christmas. He had shot up a size since I last saw him and the sellers changed it for the next size up promptly without any extra expense for me and even enclosed a returns label for me to send back the one that was too small. A good buy and my grandson so proud and pleased with it.

The Tree of Life [DVD]
The Tree of Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Price: 2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A special gift for Christmas, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Tree of Life [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the film - saw it twice and gave the DVD to a friend who had been unable to come with me to the cinema. It was much appreciated.

A New Heritage of Horror: The English Gothic Cinema
A New Heritage of Horror: The English Gothic Cinema
by David Pirie
Price: 53.29

1.0 out of 5 stars A New Heritage of Horror, 24 Sep 2012
I have not the slightest idea whether this is a good, average or disappointing book as I bought it for my 45 year old younger son as a birthday present! At his request.... I gave it to him without comment. To paraphrase a more distinguished writer than all three of us: I have no opinion whatever on this book!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2013 11:44 AM GMT

Strawberry Fair: 51 Traditional Songs (Songbooks)
Strawberry Fair: 51 Traditional Songs (Songbooks)
by David Moses
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the ticket, 21 Aug 2012
This album arrived without the CD - not that that mattered as the music in it was unsuitable for solo (exam) singing and so was not what I required. The seller very kindly was willing to refund me and did not even require its return because of the missing CV. The album would be suitable for class singing and I have given it to our village Primary School.

Gormenghast [VHS] [2000]
Gormenghast [VHS] [2000]
VHS
Offered by pkeylock
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good tale, well dramatised, 18 Sep 2011
I had to fiddle with the colour settings on my VHS, but once the right ones had been found for this tape I viewed it with much pleasure in one sitting. I thought particularly good were Steerpike, the two sisters, Cora and Clarice, and Nanny Slag. The music was also excellent and although I thought the tension began to slacken towards the end, the strangest of tales was well captured in the director's vision.