Profile for Oliver > Reviews

Dvd ~ David Morrissey
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Glitzy Glamourous Blackpool, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Blackpool [DVD] (DVD)
This drama is for anyone who likes something a bit different. A great trip down memory lane (for me anyway) and the cast just meld together with perfect timing. A theme of the great dream and boy meets girl all played out in the seamier side of Blackpool. But is Blackpool ready for this. No, but I was!!! It can cheer you up on a winters day. The cast sing a long with the original song artistes, which was made it seem like the sort of thing you do yourself, getting ready to go out, in the shower, in the shopping centre. Just makes you feel good. Just keep an open mind, this is English not American.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Who at it's Greatest, 23 Dec 2013
The more I watch this movie (four times so far) the more I like it. At first I was a bit disappointed, hoping more of the past actors would show up in it. But the more you see it, the better it gets. It also, starts to make sense. The Extras included in the DVD make up for anything missing in the film itself. A pity Christopher Eccleston couldn't get of his high horse to be in it. But John Hurt did more than enough to replace him. Great to see David Tennant again, just wish he had never gone but having him in this one is a bonus for all time.

Violent Playground (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Violent Playground (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Cushing
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A David McCallum early outing., 23 Dec 2013
Another of my all time favourites Showing life after the war for the millions of young people without much going for them and wanting to be part of something even if it is not good. Stanley Baker, only slightly lost in the main part, drawn to the villains older sister. An early outing for one of our great actors David McCallum, still looking as good to day maybe even better. The story revolves round the cop who is trying to help and the kid who wants to play it big.

Conspiracy of Hearts (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Conspiracy of Hearts (Digitally Remastered) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sylvia Syms
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great oldie, 23 Dec 2013
Been looking for this for a great many years. So glad so many of the early years of British cinema are being released and digitally remastered. A good heart wrenching story with again good over coming evil. Peter Arne, doing his best as one of the main villains.

Seduction and Surrender
Seduction and Surrender
by Amanda Quick

5.0 out of 5 stars Amanda Quick at her best, 23 Dec 2013
I only came to Jayne Ann Krentz late in life but just cannot get enough of her great stories. One of her early works but still a very good read.

High Treason [DVD]
High Treason [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam Redmond
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Golden Oldie, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: High Treason [DVD] (DVD)
When the video went, I lost a lot of the old movies I grew up with. This probably only went out as a B movie but in my mind is ranked higher. Good actors and a great story, with good over coming evil. I can watch this time and time again and I think if you are a lover of this kind of film, you too will watch it again and again.

The Night My Number Came Up [DVD]
The Night My Number Came Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Redgrave
Price: 9.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Another golden oldie, 15 Oct 2013
Another one of the great classics Britain turned out. I should think this generation would think it tame, but I enjoy it every time I watch it. Spot some of the actors before they came household names.

Went The Day Well - Digitally Restored (80 Years of Ealing) [DVD]
Went The Day Well - Digitally Restored (80 Years of Ealing) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leslie Banks
Price: 14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it went very well, 15 Oct 2013
Since this film has been restored it's a joy to watch. I'm a lover of the old classics and this is one of my all time favourites. I know at the time there was a bit of controversy at the end of the film (which I will not mention for fear of spoiling the plot) Personally I thought it was well done. Again the Best of British actors.

Music Music Music
Music Music Music
Price: 6.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Barrowman at his best, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Music Music Music (Audio CD)
I had three albums and this was one and missed placed the lot. So glad I was able to replace them, as they were presents and meant a lot to be. I just love his laid back approach to his music and I just love the duet song by him with Daniel Boyes of Any Dream Will Do fame. I hope he keeps putting albums together, they brighten up the day doing the housework

Three Films By Somerset Maugham - Trio / Encore / Quartet [DVD]
Three Films By Somerset Maugham - Trio / Encore / Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Basil Radford
Price: 24.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better, 15 Oct 2013
When my video player conked out it wasn't replaced and lost all my beloved all movies. I didn't think I would see these again but was happy to be proved wrong. Only short stories but they all seem to have a moral or purpose. Of course, the actors are amongst some of the best produced for that era. They don't make them like this any more, I just wish some more of the older classics be put on DVD

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4