Profile for Cookie > Reviews

Content by Cookie

Cookie (Isle of Wight, UK)

Baby Kid Infant Feeding Saliva Bib Waterproof Silicone Navy Blue
Baby Kid Infant Feeding Saliva Bib Waterproof Silicone Navy Blue
Offered by ptyukmall

1.0 out of 5 stars No safety certificates or detail of origin., 10 Oct 2014
My biggest concern was the strong chemical smell on the bib that I could not remove even by washing it at 70 degrees C in the washing machine. There where no safety test markings or any manufacturers details. I do not feel comfortable using the bib with my little girl as she will end up having part of it in her mouth.

Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
by Dr. Robert Lustig

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a diet book, 5 Sep 2013
This is the second time I read this book. I chose to read it again because I am expecting my first child and I am wanting to re-cap the information in it relevant to pregnancy and diet, particularly how much my decisions now will affect my child's future.

Dr Lustig's book is not a normal diet book. He has no brand of merchandise to sell with it. His book is aimed at changing policy to improve general health and turn over the well established notion that a "all calories are equal". His aim is to explain why excess fructose and too little fibre is contributing to the biggest and most expensive healthcare issue of our time. He also explains on how things got to be the way they are and why we cannot expect change without grassroots action.

This book is not solely aimed for overweight and obese readers. It is aimed for anyone with an interest in their or their children's long term health, healthcare professionals, dieticians and above all policy makers.

Also... did I mention it is a good read?

Dell B1260dn A4 Mono Laser Printer
Dell B1260dn A4 Mono Laser Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you only want to print on paper..., 7 April 2013
I need to print a lot on card and my mistake was not even imagining that a printer cannot handle anything thicker than 220 gsm. I am having trouble with 175 gsm card. I have tried several different cards (straight out of a sealed pack) that are suitable for laser printers, but the toner does not stick. My theory is that the printer is very sensitive to atmospheric conditions. Our place has an ambient temperature of around 17 degrees celcius and a lot of moisture in the air. So if you live in a nice dry and warm modern house, you will probably be fine. On another note the printer jams very easily.

Later note:

Dell customer support have been excellent. Thank you. I now have printer that works, thought it is not this model.

One pack of 25 Sheets A4 Hammered effect Card. 230gsm(RED)
One pack of 25 Sheets A4 Hammered effect Card. 230gsm(RED)
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice red, 30 Aug 2012
The title pretty much says it. The card is a excellent shade of red. I like it. The card itself is good and heavyweight. Altogether a good product!

Sourcingmap a11120500ux0488 60cm Stainless Steel Measuring Long Straight Ruler
Sourcingmap a11120500ux0488 60cm Stainless Steel Measuring Long Straight Ruler
Offered by Trend Mall

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a sharp ruler..., 30 Aug 2012
Please take care when you first handle the ruler. The first thing I did with it was to cut myself a little bit. Don't worry, I will live. The edges on my ruler where quite sharp. This was easily fixed with some 600 grit sanding paper.

Reusable Non Stick Cooking Liner - Dimensions: 2m x 330mm.
Reusable Non Stick Cooking Liner - Dimensions: 2m x 330mm.
Offered by Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost non stick, 5 Mar 2011
I got given a piece of non-stick cooking liner that is similar in colour and dimensions to this product. I was impressed on how well it worked so I ordered this thinking its the same. This liner is a lot thinner. When you run your finger along it you can feel the weave, which you cant on the original liner I had. That was completely smooth. I made choc chip cookies on it and the oil from the butter seeps through the mesh. As a result it isn't 100% non-stick, the reason for the three stars in the review. It still works ok enough to be extremely useful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 1:41 PM BST

THERMOMETER, fish blue white. A set of 2.
THERMOMETER, fish blue white. A set of 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fish and a fun project, 7 Jan 2010
The pair of wooden fish are very pretty and I do like them a lot. However one of them did not show the temperature correctly. I didn't want to give up on it so I re-calibrated it by gently removing the themometer glass and glueing it at a more accurate position on the scale. It works beautifully now.