Profile for A. Martin > Reviews

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
Price: 1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a ride, 3 April 2014
This is not the type of SF I have been reading lately, but what a hell of a story. It helps, I think, to be grounded in familiarish places....I'm from the North...but an excellent idea, and somewhat startling 80% of the way through in its literary switch...no more, or I spoil it. Good story, cleverly written and a true page turner. Thank you, Luke Smitherd, for several engrossing hours.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2014 10:48 AM BST

The Mammoth Book of Nebula Awards SF (Mammoth Books)
The Mammoth Book of Nebula Awards SF (Mammoth Books)
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 28 Aug 2012
If you enjoy speculative fiction, there will be something here for you that will make you stop, put the book/kindle/whatever down and think...and isn't that why we read this sort of stuff?

Highly recommended.

Jupiter 34: Euporie (Jupiter SF Magazine)
Jupiter 34: Euporie (Jupiter SF Magazine)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Age SF, 12 Nov 2011
This was my first introduction to Jupiter magazine. What an opening, in every sense; the first story, Dark Age, sets the tone for an excellent (and competitively priced!) collection of new SF short stories...to paraphrase Victor Kiam; I liked it so much I took out a subscription.

Mini Galvanized Dustbin 25cm X 28cm
Mini Galvanized Dustbin 25cm X 28cm
Offered by Anything 4 Home
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 6 Sep 2011
Excellent, classic product that does precisely the job I bought it to do. Incidentally, the dimensions are in inches, not centimetres...