Profile for A reader > Reviews

40 FELT SHEETS IN A4 SIZE ASSORTED COLOURS X39
Offered by Be Creative
Price: 10.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Colours were not the same as in the picture, 8 May 2013
I will keep the felt BUT it had no bright pink or orange, which were among the ones I was most interested in.
The picture shows 10 colours and I had assumed you got 4 packs as shown. Instead, you get 5 packs of 8 colours each, with no pink, orange or brown, and instead a dark wine.
Disappointing.

WMA 12 Sizes Multi coloured Aluminum Crochet Hooks Needles Set 2mm-8mm
WMA 12 Sizes Multi coloured Aluminum Crochet Hooks Needles Set 2mm-8mm
Offered by best deal 4 u
Price: 2.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of crochet hooks, 1 May 2013
My fingers have been flying crocheting since I received these.
The needles are light, the hook is well-shaped, the finish is good and I love the different colours.
The range of sizes will cover most yarns.
Very reasonably priced and arrived quickly.
Excellent.

Tisserand Lavender Wheat Cushion
Tisserand Lavender Wheat Cushion
Offered by beflattered
Price: 15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, 30 April 2013
A wonderful product. My chronic neck pain has disappeared almost completely without drugs or physio.
What a pleasure it is to warm up the cushion - no risk of bursting like the gel ones - and feel the warmth around my neck.
The lavender smell is very pleasant and of course can be revived with a few drops of lavender oil.
The cushion is very attractive in soft corduroy and also has a storage/carrying case when not in use.

My only suggestion for improvement which I have seen in the same kind of products: if the cushion cover were separate from the fabric containing the seeds, and washable, the cushion would be more hygienic after a number of applications. Cleaning it with a damp cloth as recommended is simply not the same. I will probably make a separate washable cover myself.

All in all, a very attractive, reasonably priced and above all very useful product for those with neck problems (and I imagine other kinds of pain).

The Miracle Of Mindfulness: The Classic Guide to Meditation by the World's Most Revered Master (Classic Edition)
by Thich Nhat Hanh
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness in everyday life, 6 Feb 2011
What a beautiful, uplifting and above all very sensible little book.

It contains a mix of stories and true experiences, a compassionate and very accurate analysis of human nature, and precious and specific advice on how to achieve peace and mindfulness (e.g., by putting your biggest perceived achievements and failures into perspective, realising how strong the influence of circumstances was, and letting go of feelings of arrogance or dejection as well as freeing yourself from the shadow of these events).

I am by no means an expert but am now starting to try to put some of the advice into practice.
Perhaps I was at a stage in my life where I was ready, but whatever the reason, it makes perfect sense to me.
I hope it will to you too, if you're looking for peace with both yourself and the world around you.