Profile for In My Honest Opinion > Reviews

Content by In My Honest O...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 95

In My Honest Opinion (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NIVEA In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner Normal Skin - 400 ml
NIVEA In-Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner Normal Skin - 400 ml
Offered by Kiara World

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick body moisturising, 26 April 2015
This was part of a Nivea Gift Set I bought. I am lazy about moisturising my body after showering and only tend to moisturise in the summer months when I have more skin on show but it always seems very time consuming.

I gave this a try and I'm really impressed. After you rinse your normal shower gel off you apply this to the skin (it's lovely and thick) and then rinse off. No need to moisturise afterwards. When I first used it and I ran my hand along my skin, I thought it didn't feel very soft but within a few minutes of drying off my skin felt lovely and soft. I shall be buying more of this.

Catherine Lansfield Canterbury Single Quiltset - Multi
Catherine Lansfield Canterbury Single Quiltset - Multi

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely duvet set, 26 April 2015
This is a lovely quality duvet cover that I bought from a High Street store but the price is the same on here. I have had it a while now for my daughter's bed and it washes lovely, never bobbles. The colours are lovely and it's reversible although my daughter tends to stick with the flower side. Recommended.

Large Abaca Ball Pendant
Large Abaca Ball Pendant

5.0 out of 5 stars Abaca Ball Pendant, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Large Abaca Ball Pendant
I purchased this in brown direct from a Dunelm Store. It's very light in weight and looks great when the light is on.

Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2)
Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 April 2015
It's no secret that I HATE cliffhangers and trilogies but I decided to read this trilogy because the author promised to release the books in quick succession. The fact that this one has released 6 days earlier than she initially stated has softened the blow somewhat. I can't wait for the concluding part in May.

We get to learn a lot more about Martin in this book and although Penny Reid is not one for writing sex scenes in her novels she certainly did a good job on the sex scenes in this book. I felt the chemistry between Martin and Kaitlyn. I really do feel he loves her it's just a shame Katilyn doubts it.

I loved this. I think Penny Reid is becoming my new favourite author she can make me laugh out loud while reading yet towards the end of this one she also brought a few tears to my eyes. Great writing, funny, sad, sexy and romantic and I love the characters of Martin and Kaitlyn so I'm rooting for their happy ending!

Ordinary Lies [DVD]
Ordinary Lies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Manford

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Drama, 21 April 2015
This review is from: Ordinary Lies [DVD] (DVD)
This was a really good series. The writer also wrote 'Clocking Off' which was great, so I had high hopes for this and apart from one episode I wasn't really keen on I thought all the others were great but the last episode was definitely the best.

JS car dealership employs a number of 'ordinary' people with dark secrets. As each episode unravels it becomes clear how quick lies can escalate with shocking consequences.

Episode One focuses on disorganised family man, Marty, (Jason Manford) who is in trouble with boss Mike (Max Beesley) for repeatedly arriving late for work. He tells a shocking lie, that his ill wife has died, to escape getting sacked. However, secretary Kathy (Sally Lindsay) homes in on his lie but not before he has cheated with accountant Grace (Rebecca Callard). Meanwhile, Mike wants to embark on a future with the deputy manager Beth (Jo Joyner) but she is hung up on her husband who has been inexplicably missing for a year.

Episode Two focuses on two of JS Motors receptionists Tracy (Michelle Keegan) and Viv (Cherelle Skeete) who tell everyone at work that they are both going to Ibiza on holiday when actually they are doing a job for Viv's boyfriend Jimmy and going to Dominican Republic to smuggle drugs back into the UK. Viv gets caught at the airport but Tracy makes it back to the UK.

Episode Three focuses on Mike's Secretary, Kathy (Sally Lindsay). Kathy's husband Ralf (Tony Maudsley) cannot have sex and Kathy is desperate for a partner to do it with after years of being celibate. Kathy gets involved with Niall (Edward MacLiam) and things start to escalate after Kathy witnesses an attack when with Niall.

Episode Four focuses on another of Mike's employees, Rick (Shazad Latif). Following some problems in his marriage Mike allows Rick to stay as a guest in his home until he can get himself back on his feet. But Rick soon finds himself becoming too close with Mike's 15 year old daughter, Ruby (Holly Earl). Rick struggles to understand his feelings towards the mature Ruby. Though he is fully aware that legally she is a child, with her consent he takes her virginity, but soon comes to realise exactly what he has done.

Episode Five focuses on car salesman Pete (Mackenzie Crook). After an affair in his marriage which resulted in a child Pete is left to pay the consequences when the woman he had an affair with and her new partner Lloyd (Darren Connelly) start to demand money with the threat that he won't be allowed to see his son. After the theft of two cars from the dealership everything spirals out of control. Meanwhile Jason (George Bukhari) finds himself in an abusive relationship.

Episode Six focuses on Beth. Beth finally starts to move on with her life, but as she and Mike grow closer, the family of her missing husband don't want to see her start a new life without him. Then the police arrive at her door.

There was some great acting in this and all but a few of the actors were familiar to me and have starred in some great drams (or soap operas). The episodes I enjoyed the most were episode 2 starring Michelle Keegan (I thought she would just act like her Coronation Street character but she surprised me!). Episode 3 starring Sally Lindsay (good acting) and Episode 6 starring Jo Joyner (excellent acting) and Max Beesley (have been a fan of his since he starred in Bodies). The episode I wasn't keen on was Episode 4 but it was probably the subject matter I found uncomfortable. I've never seen Jason Manford act in anything before and although he was good, I found it hard to take him seriously because of him being a comedian!

I wouldn't say all the loose ends were tied up in Episode 6, so I'm hoping they are leaving it open for another series and I really hope it gets commissioned. There are a few characters left whose stories haven't been told yet and some we could probably catch up with again.

If you liked Clocking Off or if you like gritty Northern dramas then you will enjoy this but if you're prone to lying, you might find it uncomfortable viewing!

Good Wood (Carved Hearts Book 1)
Good Wood (Carved Hearts Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A 'clean' romance, 20 April 2015
I saw a Goodreads friend of mine was reading this and had marked that it was free on Amazon so I downloaded it without reading the reviews. If I had read the reviews, I may not have bothered as one states that there are no 'sexy times'! That's not the be all and end all, but I do like to read some sex scenes in a romance.

This was just an OK read. There are two other books about the couple but I don't feel their story has enough going on for it to stretch over two more books so I doubt I will read them unless they end up being free reads.

Yanks [DVD] [1979]
Yanks [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Richard Gere
Offered by The Happy Zombie

4.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Yanks [DVD] [1979] (DVD)
Sometimes I like to re-watch films I had liked and enjoyed years ago. Some stand the test of time, some don't. This one does stand the test of time but then again, I'm a big Richard Gere fan. When I originally watched it, I was never over keen on Jean (the actress who played her was American and I didn't think she got the accent right and talked too slow) but when I re-watched it, I changed my opinion. I liked the storyline between William Devane and Vanessa Redgrave. This isn't a typical 'hollywood' happy ending. It had a realistic ending but I have always longed for a sequel so we knew if Matt & Jean ever reunite! Loved watching a young Richard Gere in action! This was a great price and nice to own it on DVD.

Grace Of Monaco [DVD] [2014]
Grace Of Monaco [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 20 April 2015
This review is from: Grace Of Monaco [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
My Mum asked me to buy her this DVD for her birthday. However, when I looked at the reviews I said to her she may want to reconsider but she insisted she would like to see it. Well her verdict is she should have listened to me! I think she thought it was the story about Grace Kelly and how she met Prince Rainer etc but it's not. It's more to do with Politics and my Mum found it was a bit boring then she said it just ends suddenly. She was disappointed.

Unlawful Contact: I-Team 3
Unlawful Contact: I-Team 3

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 20 April 2015
This is the first read for me by this author although I have heard of her books before. I recently saw a review on Goodreads of the first book in this series and it made me want to read them. The reviewer had said the hero of this book was her favourite hero so I decided to start with this one. The book was written in 2008 but it doesn't feel dated. It's a while since I read a romantic suspense book and the suspense part of the book was well written. I've read quite a few self published books with rubbish mystery/suspense plots so maybe they should read a Pamela Clare book to get a feel of what a well written suspense plot contains!

There were quite a few parts in the book where I felt things were far fetched. However, the author was herself an Investigative Journalist so I'm sure that side of things rang true but Hunt escaping from Prison, the culmination of the suspense plot and the outcome of his Trial seemed too far fetched to me. Also the fact that 12 years before Sophie and Hunt got together in one night, she gave him her virginity and he left the next day to enlist yet all this time they have both thought about each other and for the last six years when he was in Prison he thought about her all the time!

I did enjoy reading this though. I may read some of the other books but I will admit that I didn't seem to think as much of Marc/Hunt as some of the reviewers. He loved Sophie that was easy to see but I prefer a more alpha male hero.

Until July: ( Until Her )
Until July: ( Until Her )

3.0 out of 5 stars Kristen Ashley fans will like this, 15 April 2015
I just re-read my review of this authors first book from 2013 and it confirmed to me what I was thinking while reading this book. The authors writing has not progressed. This book is the same format as most of her others (I'll admit I haven't read all her books but none of them lived up to the promise of her first book).

In my review from 2013 I said fans of Kristen Ashley would probably enjoy it as it was similar. Well this book is even more similar. Almost a carbon copy but without the fantastic writing of KA. Wes is very KA alpha male saying 'babe', 'eyes to me' blah blah. He's not happy when she goes out dressed up sexy, he's not happy when she spends her money on him. They meet and are living together almost instantly (like the Rock Chick books). She goes out with her sisters and cousins and he says he'll pick her up. She rings him to come get her when she's drunk which just reminded me of a scene from Mystery Man. She also turns a bit Rock Chick in the mystery suspense part of the plot!

The author hasn't improved the mystery element of her novels. They still make very little sense and in this book it's not even resolved. I find the author assumes everyone has read each of her books so they know who each character is and so she doesn't bother explaining any of the connections or what they do for a living. By the end I wasn't sure what exactly Wes did for a living or if he was The President of an MC.

I liked Wes and July but it's too much insta lust/love. They don't really get to know each other but are living together within a few days! It's a rushed relationship with rushed writing. I would rather the author takes out the boring mysterious elements of her stories and explores the couples relationship more. The timeline is odd. There is another romance within this story between her best friend and Wes's friend. They get together then next minute she's pregnant! I was thinking 'that's quick' but then realised this was the authors way of moving the timeline along except it wasn't detailed so it just seemed like she had fallen pregnant after their first kiss! It's never explained how much time has passed until later in the story when we're told it's a few months later. I was surprised that her father Asher was so accepting of Wes and all her family loved him instantly. I found the epilogue so predictable I was rolling my eyes.

So moan, moan, moan but it's an easy read it's just I couldn't help comparing to KA. If you like KA, you will no doubt enjoy this story. I'm not sure I will read the other books in the series as I just feel the author writes 'paint by numbers'. Her books have very little angst and all problems are resolved instantly. It would be nice for her to try a different approach in her stories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20