Profile for Reviewer > Reviews

Content by Reviewer

Reviewer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Promise (The 'Burg Series Book 5)
The Promise (The 'Burg Series Book 5)
Price: 2.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Frankie & Benny, 10 July 2014
At Peace is one of my favourite KA books. I loved Cal, Vi and the girls. Frankie and Benny featured at the end of that book and I was desperate to read their love story so this one has been a long time coming.

It started off promising. I loved Benny. Yes he's a KA alpha male but a laid back one. He never really loses it and rarely gets angry. He has realised how much he and his family hurt Frankie and he wants to make amends and prove to her that she's the woman for him. I liked Frankie in At Peace, her story of dating Benny's brother until he died and then being single for 7 years was intriguing but in this book, she seemed a little different. Yes she argues with Benny in the beginning but further along, she just became an amalgamation of every other KA heroine.

Frankie forgives Benny's parents for the way they treated her. Basically, this is covered by KA telling not showing. Frankie and Benny begin a relationship but not a sexual one as she is recovering from being shot helping to rescue Vi. Then Frankie starts to feel she's not good enough for Benny so she makes a decision and Benny's not happy but I was surprised he didn't put up much of a fight. Once their issues are resolved they begin a sexual relationship and there is a lot of sex in this book. Benny says all the right things. He's almost perfect!

Frankie has a dysfunctional family. She's also into her career which means her and Benny have to be apart a lot. The mystery element comes in around 70% and I've got to admit I was bored. I had to skim a lot of it as it just held no interest for me. For fans of the Rock Chicks, she brings in two Rock Chick characters but that series never interested me much so again, I found that boring.

I loved that Cal, Vi and his girls featured a lot in this story and we learnt more of their happy ever after (although admittedly, we had learnt it before in their epilogue). I'm not that interested that the final book in The Burg Series will be about Cheryl from the first book For You. I'm not sure I would want to read it.

As for the epilogue in this book...KA is known for her great epilogues but since she got a publishing deal her epilogues have not been as great and that was the case with this one.

Overall, I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. It was just 'ok' but as with the last four or so KA books I've read, I'm just disappointed each time. Yes she has a formula and yes that worked for me for a while but now I'm reading them feeling like she has just cut and pasted from her previous books. There is nothing new. Each character says the same thing. I just don't understand why she can't mix it up a bit and try something new. There's no denying she's a good romance writer but there has just been something missing lately and so I'm always feeling disappointed because I do love her writing.

Ten Days to Daily Yoga
Ten Days to Daily Yoga

3.0 out of 5 stars Info for starting up yoga again, 10 July 2014
I used to do a bit of Yoga a longtime ago. Not sure why I gave it up, more like it was quite difficult to get some peaceful time to myself when my kids were young. Now they are older I thought I would take up yoga again after talking to a friend who had just started a yoga/pilates class on the advice of her Dr due to her having a bad back. I have a bad back and stiff neck and shoulders so I thought the stretching exercises of yoga would be beneficial.

This book is aimed at people who have previously done yoga. It just tells you how to start off getting back into it so it was useful to read.

Rushed (The Rushed Series Book 1)
Rushed (The Rushed Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of romance, 7 July 2014
As I'm a British reader a lot of the sorority dialogue went right over my head. Alexis has been pressured by her parents to 'pledge'. When she meets one of the houseboys Zach and they have instant chemistry there is trouble ahead as if they were to date Alexis' parents would cut her off and they would both get thrown out of the sorority house.

Alexis and Zach begin a secret relationship and to help keep it secret Alexis decides to create a decoy relationship with Dak the estranged friend of Zach as Dak is also dating someone he shouldn't. However, Dak knows Zach's 'secret' and tells Alexis. When it is revealed I was a little surprised but could understand how it would have an impact on Zach's life but found the actions of his parents a little hard to comprehend.

This is a YA/NA type read. It didn't feel like a romance to me. It does have some sex scenes but nothing offensive. A great deal of the story revolves around the sorority so I found that quite boring and maybe this story is too 'young' for me. This is a complete story although I did feel like the ending was a little weak but then there will be another book I presume about Dak, so I think it's obvious Zach will feature a lot in that one from the 'stinger at the end'.

ARC provided by Netgalley

Just One Song
Just One Song

3.0 out of 5 stars Story fell short, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Just One Song (Kindle Edition)
When I started this free read it seemed promising but then it just peters out and drags and becomes predictable (it's so obvious she'll become the keyboard player).

The emotional impact that Nicole's history is supposed to generate fell flat for me. There wasn't enough background about how happy and in love she had been and whilst we read a little of her husband, the son wasn't mentioned much or how upset she as a mother was to lose her son.

As for Zack he was just far too nice and understanding. Nothing like a bad boy rock star. The little hiccup in their romance came too early in the novel and so once that was resolved I was bored until another predictable thing happened.

There is very little sex in this story. It's more a sweet love story about healing and moving on but it fell short for me.

You Make Me (Blurred Lines Book 1)
You Make Me (Blurred Lines Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like the H&H, 5 July 2014
I have always enjoyed reading this authors contemporary romances but of late she has moved into the NA (new adult) category of romance and I don't think it's working for her. I didn't enjoy her first two NA releases. Seeing this one for free I thought I would give it a go but my goodness, it was worse than the other ones I didn't enjoy.

To be invested in a romance you have to like the hero and heroine. Well I didn't like Cat or Heath. Their love story from the past was lacking so I never felt their 'love'. I can see why Heath left Cat four years ago being a valid reason but not why he would have severed all contact and then for him to just turn up four years later when she has just become engaged to another man..

Nothing worked for me in this novel. I was bored. I felt nothing. If this is your first read of this author and you don't enjoy it then do look up her contemporary novels like the 'Fast Track Series' as she is much better at writing adult romances.

Their Ex's Redrock Midnight (Texas Alpha)
Their Ex's Redrock Midnight (Texas Alpha)
Price: 1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Captain Cabe and Rusty Boo!, 4 July 2014
I mentioned in my review of this authors previous book that it reminded me of Kristen Ashley's writing well this book even more so. You've got the alpha male, him saying 'eyes to me' during sex, her calling him 'honey', him calling her 'babe' plus they have nicknames for each other. She calls him 'Captain' and he calls her 'Boo'?! However, although this authors writing is not as polished as Kristen Ashley's, I still enjoyed it.

Rusty is the best friend of Tess from the first book. Cabe is the friend and co-worker of Vincent from the first book. Their story follows a very similar theme to Tess and Vincent's. Cabe has an unfaithful wife but once he becomes intimate with Rusty he knows he needs to end that marriage for good. There is a lot of sex in this book. Perhaps the author could have given us a bit more of them getting to know each other rather than instant sex the minute they meet and throughout the story. I also find it distracting that the author changes pov from Rusty to Cabe within a chapter.

The writing is far from perfect as is the plot but because it reminds me so much of Kristen Ashley I liked it! I thought the next book would be Finn's but according to the authors facebook page it will be about Carly who works for Cabe and Vincent. I've read the teaser and it does seem like the same theme again but I suppose the series name is 'Their Ex's' so I suppose it makes sense!

If you like lots of sex, an alpha male and Kristen Ashley books then I would recommend this author.

Their Ex's Redrock Serial Bundle 1-4 (Texas Alpha)
Their Ex's Redrock Serial Bundle 1-4 (Texas Alpha)

4.0 out of 5 stars Kristen Ashley fans will like this, 29 Jun 2014
A friend recommended this story to me as I like Kristen Ashley and this author has a similar way of writing. There's the 'alpha male', the 'babe', the 'honey' the fact the heroine doesn't think much of herself but suddenly not only does the hero adore her but most of his friends fancy her as well and she also finds them all attractive even though she's with the hero! It is very similar to Kristen Ashley's way of writing and I definitely enjoyed it and will be reading more of this author but after looking at her blog and facebook pages it seems she's not a very fast writer. At present the only other book in the series is Cabe's and I was surprised at who he has been paired with.

Vincent and Tess meet as they are spying on their spouses being unfaithful. There is a theme of unfaithfulness in this book and most of the male characters seem to have unfaithful wives! Vincent and Tess are soon attracted to each other. Some good sex scenes with lots of alpha male possessiveness. I liked Vincent and Tess and although I felt their happily ever after was a bit rushed I'm looking forward to reading more about them in the other books and I'm looking forward to reading Fin's story in particular.

Until the Stars Fall from the Sky
Until the Stars Fall from the Sky
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars A 'nice' romance, 27 Jun 2014
When I saw this on the top 100 free books yesterday I recognised the title. It took me a while to work out where from and then I remembered it was on a Goodreads list of books where 'hero/heroine has a disability'. I have read a few romances with that theme, so I was interested to read this one.

Kiera is a paraplegic (from mid torso down to her toes). It was sad how she became a paraplegic but she hasn't let it get her down. She meets Jeff and they are instantly attracted to each other.

Now this was not really my cup of tea but that doesn't mean others won't love it. For me, it was all just a bit too 'nice'. It's a 'clean' romance. There are no real sex scenes, no swearing, no angst. Jeff is a lovely romantic nice person and Kiera is really nice. Note my theme of 'nice'!

I think this is the authors debut novel and she didn't do a bad job but she needs to work on the 'male' voice as at times Jeff sounded too female. If you like 'clean' romances then this is the book for you.

Tagged & Ashed (The Sterling Shore Series #2)
Tagged & Ashed (The Sterling Shore Series #2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed?, 25 Jun 2014
I've been enjoying this authors books lately. She's a good new find but unfortunately this one was a bit of a let down. It feels like the author rushed this and didn't take enough time over the plot which was very weak.

We met Tag in book one. We know he's a player. Ash is best friend to Billy (also from book one) who is in love with Rene and wants to use Ash to make her jealous but Rene wants Tag. There is a big collection of friends in this book as well as them all been close to the mother Melanie. I therefore found it odd that over the years Billy and Ash have been bestfriends she has never met Tag (more of the big collection of friends later). When Billy asks Ash to attend his brothers wedding as his pretend girlfriend she agrees but he warns her not to get 'Tagged' meaning don't be attracted to Tag but as soon as Tag and Ash meet they have an instant attraction.

The beginning of the book takes place over a few days. Tag and Ash play a game of 'Truth'. The answers set up a lot of the plotline. I knew what was coming after that. A small misunderstanding at the end of the wedding sends Ash running and then the book fast forwards 6 weeks. Then something happens and the book fast forwards 7 months, then another few months. This part of the storyline was very weak as back to the collection of friends...it didn't seem possible that they wouldn't intervene and try and get Ash and Tag to reconnect over that time.

There is a stalker storyline that was just so very over the top and unbelievable that it was actually laughable but it's a set up that allows Tag back into Ash's life and then the story picked up again. There were some good parts to the story and I liked Tag and Ash but the storyline wasn't as good as in book one. However, I look forward to book 3 and hope it's an improvement on this one.

Island Fever
Island Fever

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick sexy read, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Island Fever (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this when it was free. It's a quick sexy romantic read set in Hawaii. It's entirely predictable but I enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20