Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 114

Laura (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bound By Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 2)
Bound By Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, 5 Mar. 2015
I liked the sound of this book when I read the reviews. Dante sounded like the kind of hero I like to read about and he actually reminded me of the closed off Mills & Boon heroes I used to like to read. Oh apart from one difference - Dante is a killer!

I won't go over the storyline as others have covered it. I liked Valentina but I felt I still didn't get to know the real Dante and although the sex scenes were well written, I still didn't totally feel their connection to one another. I really enjoyed the pacing of the storyline in the first book but with this second one everything seemed to happen quickly at the end and appeared rushed. However, I liked the twists in the story towards the end and although I liked that Dante finally came to his senses I wanted to hear him express his love verbally!

Still really enjoyed it though and am looking forward to the future books about Aria's siblings.

Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 1)
Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - Good start to the series, 5 Mar. 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how the author paced the story and that Aria didn't give into Luca from the get go. I was a bit surprised at one part of the storyline after they first marry so I've dropped half a star for that as for me, that stopped it being a 5 star read as I don't like to read of things like that in what I perceive as a love story.

I like Aria and Luca. I liked how Luca was around Aria. The sex scenes were well written by the author. I'm looking forward to the rest of the books in this series.

Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City Book 1)
Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 2 Mar. 2015
I recognised this authors name when I saw this book as she has recently co-written a book with one of my favourite authors L H Cosway. Strangely enough I couldn't get into that book and set it aside but I thought I would try this one seeing as it was free.

For starters, the 'Dedication' had me laughing out loud so I knew the author had a great sense of humour. I don't read a lot of 'funny' books, the last book of this type I remember reading was 'Wallbanger'. However, I soon got hooked into this book and ended up reading it in one go and loved it!

Now I like alpha male heroes but Quinn isn't alpha. He's hard to describe really. He's confident, yet unsure of himself where relationships are concerned. We learn that he doesn't date. It's clear he has never had a proper relationship. I loved him. Loved that he would stumble over his words a bit when talking to Janie. He's vulnerable and sweet where Janie is concerned but he's still manly!

Now Janie...! She is rather eccentric. She spurts out random facts all the time and as Quinn says 'she's blind to the obvious'! The reader of course knows what he is referring to. It was funny watching Janie be totally oblivious to who Quinn really is. At the beginning I wasn't sure about all the things she talked about but she calms down as the book progresses and I found myself loving her!

I read a lot of books with dual POV and whilst that can be good, I've decided I much prefer when it is told from the heroine's POV like this book. It makes the hero even more mysterious. I liked that I didn't always know what Quinn was thinking. We do get his POV in the epilogue and I loved it, loved seeing how much Janie means to him.

I more often than not read books with sex scenes. This book doesn't have any as such. We read of them kissing etc but even though there are no sex scenes, it didn't need them. It's quite a sexy read without them! I found the way their relationship progressed and how they are with each other and the things they say to one another created enough chemistry that I didn't need to read in detail when they finally became intimate with each other. It's very well written.

If I had read this when it was first released, I may have given it 4 stars purely because I didn't really see the need for the plot surrounding Janie's sister Jem and I felt like I never really got to know Quinn enough or find out why he is the way he is but I have noted that the author then wrote another book about this couple and a review states we find out more about Quinn so I can't wait to read that.

There are other books in the series about Janie's best friend Elizabeth and her knitting group friends. I can't wait to read those but I would also love to read a book about Janie's co-worker Stephen - he really made me laugh!

A great read. So glad I have discovered this author.

Children's Book: My Gift For You [children's bedtime stories and picture book suitable for age 4-8, age 5-8, pre-k and early learning]

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 1 Mar. 2015
The story is told in rhyme. It's ok but felt a little Americanised. My son wasn't very impressed with it.

GALPHARM Loratadine 10mg Hayfever and Allergy Relief One-a-Day Tablets 14's
GALPHARM Loratadine 10mg Hayfever and Allergy Relief One-a-Day Tablets 14's
Offered by PharmaCity

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works well for allergies, 1 Mar. 2015
I buy these in a High Street discount store for a great price. I suffer with allergies and these work well. In the summertime my husband uses them for his hayfever. He doesn't find they have as much impact but he gets hayfever really bad and nothing seems to work for him. However, if you suffer from other allergies like me then I would recommend these as a cheap alternative to the more expensive brands.

Game On Boys! The Play Station Play-offs: A Hilarious adventure for children 9-12 with illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son enjoyed this, 1 Mar. 2015
My son is dyslexic and is not a fan of reading but his English teacher told him to try to read more at home. He's a fan of video games so I thought this one would be a good start and he really enjoyed it! So the fact it is a free book and that it got my son reading are both plus points for me. I will look for more books by this author for him.

Conquer Basic Spanish: A Short Introduction To Beginners Spanish, Including Spanish Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (Learn Spanish Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded for daughter who is studying Spanish at GCSE Level, 1 Mar. 2015
I downloaded this for my daughter who started her GCSE Spanish this year. Considering she has been learning Spanish since Year 7, there were quite a few words she didn't know! So for a free download and the fact it is aiding her studies is great.

Times Tables FLASHCARDS (New and Improved Version)
Times Tables FLASHCARDS (New and Improved Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Mar. 2015
Very impressed with this book which was a free download. I downloaded it for my 7 year old but even my older children enjoyed it and were trying to beat each other in how quickly they answered the sum!

Well laid out and works well on Kindle or by downloading and reading on Kindle Cloud Reader via a laptop (which enlarges it and makes it even better).

Was very helpful to my child. Highly recommended.

Tea with the Queen
Tea with the Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story, 1 Mar. 2015
Cute little story my son enjoyed. He is a bit behind in reading but he managed to read this with a little help. I downloaded it and read it in Kindle Cloud Reader on my laptop which enlarges it to a good size and the illustrations are wonderfully colourful.

My son enjoyed the story. I will check out other books by this author.

Bodies : The Complete BBC Collection Box Set [2004] [DVD]
Bodies : The Complete BBC Collection Box Set [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Beesley

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Drama Series, 28 Feb. 2015
I watched this when it was on TV and so ordered the box set as felt like watching it again. It's just as good as I remember although I wouldn't recommend it to any pregnant women!!

I love Keith Allen's character - funny and brilliant!! Max Beesley is great as is Patrick Baladi (who I loved in the BBC Drama Mistresses). This series can be rather gruesome to watch hence the 18 Certificate. A well written drama.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20