Profile for Laura > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Loving Lilly: Lost and Found Series Novella
Loving Lilly: Lost and Found Series Novella

3.0 out of 5 stars OK story but when will we get Duncan's book?, 28 Jun. 2015
I have enjoyed the books in this series but I'm getting frustrated that we're now getting Novellas about side characters. What has happened to Duncan's story from the original Embattled Hearts books? The Novella's are OK but the stories need to be longer to really get a feel of them.

I was disappointed in this story. It was rushed. Diego and Lilly have a lot of sex but they don't seem to have much dialogue. As usual the hero has a few insecurities about his disability and whether he is good enough for the heroine. The heroine's are becoming 'too perfect'. I like an alpha male but Diego wasn't one. There was something lacking in this story. The books are becoming too 'samey'. I would have preferred not to have the 'Ray' storyline but more of the romance between Diego and Lilly.

Storage Head Small Boy
Storage Head Small Boy
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Storage Head Small - 6.3 x 7.6", 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Storage Head Small Boy (Toy)
I wouldn't have paid the RRP for this as it's basically just a small plastic storage tub but with the Lego logo on the lid. However, my son saw it in a local Discount Store and it was half the price of the RRP, so he bought one with his own money. He's happy with it and good to know they are stackable in case we buy more of them.

The Offer
The Offer

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read but feels like a NA romance, 19 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Offer (Kindle Edition)
Well this story was definitely an improvement on 'The Pact' but I still had problems with the characters. As with 'The Pact', it appears as if I am reading a NA romance rather than an adult romance. Bram is 35 and is still a manwhore. I'm sorry, but to me that it off putting for a man that age to still be a manwhore. He seemed far too immature and I kept picturing him as a young man in his early 20's.

The first half of the book has them getting to know each other and whereas I normally like a slow build to a romance, I found myself getting a bit bored and wishing they would hurry up and get to it but then when they did, I found this part rushed. We are aware Bram is hiding something and when it came to light, I just felt the story went a a bit flat and the reconciliation a bit easy.

It was a nice easy read but lacked something. I wasn't quite convinced they fell in love but it was definitely an improvement on The Pact storyline.

Plan B Holdall Messenger Shoulder Retro Vintage American Despatch Reporter Bag Back To School College American State Car License Plate New York Yellow/Black
Offered by Beau Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars School Bag, 15 Jun. 2015
Bought as a school bag for my son. Lovely soft feel. The colour on the front is not quite as bright as on photo but I prefer it less bright. The back of the bag is plain black. Plenty of room for books, folders and a lunch bag. There is a zipped inside pocket and a velcro fastening outer pocket. Adjustable strap.

Plan B Designer Retro Vintage Mens Wallet Bag Subway Graffiti
Plan B Designer Retro Vintage Mens Wallet Bag Subway Graffiti
Offered by julian's Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Wallet, 15 Jun. 2015
Bought for my son. Nice wallet. Room for cards, notes and hidden pockets for coins.

Derma V10 24/7 Unscented Dry Skin Cream (Extra Value Pack) 100ml
Derma V10 24/7 Unscented Dry Skin Cream (Extra Value Pack) 100ml
Offered by SOLVITA

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed by this cream, 14 Jun. 2015
I have an itchy rash on my stomach that comes and goes. It has recently flared up again and so I bought some E45 cream for it but it didn't seem to do much good. I saw this cream for a cheap price in a local discount store and thought I would give it a try. I'm really impressed with it. It has soothed my rash much better than any other cream I have used on it and within less than 12 hrs, the rash has improved considerably after using this cream on it a few times.

Asking for It
Asking for It

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 of 2, 14 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Asking for It (Kindle Edition)
I've been in a reading slump of late and saw a GR friend reviewed this and it intrigued me. Obviously the subject matter is a little off putting but I didn't find it too extreme.

Vivienne has a secret...she can only get off during sex if she fantasises about being raped. With her last boyfriend she actually confessed her fantasy but he couldn't go through with it so they split up but remain friends. At a party where her ex gets drunk he mentions her fantasy out loud and some of her friends overhear but so does Jonah Marks. He approaches Vivienne intrigued by her fantasy and offers her his services to help her fulfil it. They arrange to meet to discuss it and then when they have discussed the boundaries of their set up, they begin to act out the fantasy. Obviously Jonah has a fantasy of being the rapist so it seems a bit seedy at first but the sex scenes are well written and they didn't really read as if it was a rape to me more like dominance.

As their arrangement progresses, they both start to develop feelings and want more. I liked the pacing of the story and how it builds to us finding out why these two have these fantasies. Jonah's explanation left me a bit opened mouthed and shocked. I liked them as a couple and although the story is told entirely from Vivienne's POV, I felt I could feel Jonah's emotions and how he was feeling about Vivienne.

The story will continue in another book. This book ends with Jonah making a decision but Vivienne hoping things will change.

This author is a pseudonym for a Bestselling author. I don't know who it is, but the writing style felt familiar to me and reminded me of an author I really like so it's no wonder I liked this one! I have given 4 stars because it isn't a complete story and I do tire of authors dragging stories out but I'm hoping the second book will be a 5 star read.

Bassetts Health Vitamins And Multivitamins Flavour (Blueberry & Lycopene, 30 Pastilles)
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars One a day Multivitamin 6+, 9 Jun. 2015
I bought these mainly for my eldest daughter but my other two kids like them, primarily because they just take like a sweet. I have to therefore hide them away as I was concerned that they would take more than one a day which is not recommended. They actually say 'can I have my tablet'?! I'm now onto a second pack and I guess time will tell if they are making much difference but I will continue to buy in the meantime.

Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street)
Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street)
by Samantha Young

3.0 out of 5 stars The final story in this series, 9 Jun. 2015
I'm not sure what was going on in the beginning of this book when Grace is exceedingly posh yet within pages she's just back to talking normal which includes slang and swearing. When Logan first meets the very posh Grace he nicknames her 'plum' for posh so I thought that would be his nickname for her throughout the story seeing as in some of the other books the hero has a nickname for the heroine but 'plum' was never mentioned again!

Logan's character changes very early on but I think I preferred how he was in the beginning. The story took a turn I didn't expect and then sort of lost something along the way because of there always being a third person in Grace and Logan's relationship. They seemed to go from enemies to friends to lovers a bit suddenly then we get some angst and Grace's insecurities threatening their relationship. It was all a bit predictable and yet some parts of the story weren't detailed enough or things were just hunky dory straightaway whereas in reality, I doubt something as big as what Logan takes on would be quite so seamlessly easy so it all seemed a bit too good to be true but I suppose it can be overlooked because this is fiction.

I do like this author's writing style. Her writing flows and the story is always very easy to get into and to read. All the previous characters from the other books appear as usual but I know people love them but I could have actually done without them! I wanted more of Grace and Logan's story and actually feeling them as a couple rather than the somewhat rushed aspect to their relationship and Logan becoming a bit too soppy and losing his alpha maleness.

It was a nice enough read but maybe lacking something but I found it enjoyable enough. I have read all the books in this series but for me, the first few are the best. Somehow along the way they became a bit 'samey'.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2015 4:15 PM BST

The Wild Side Trilogy
The Wild Side Trilogy

3.0 out of 5 stars The Male POV, 7 Jun. 2015
The story is told entirely from Alasdair's male POV (the author is good at writing the male voice). Alasdair is a 40 year old author who is divorced. He goes to the gym everyday and notices a young woman who then comes on to him quite strongly. Her name is Iris and she tells him she is 24 which he thinks is a bit young for him. They begin a sexual relationship. The first book is literally one sex scene after another. As the story progresses we learn that Iris is a mysterious character. She comes and goes from Alasdair's life and he starts to become suspicious of who she is and who is the strange man he keeps seeing her with.

Eventually, he slowly starts to unravel the mystery. He also finds out her real age which is a lot younger than he thought! There is a far fetched storyline as to who Iris is and why she is in hiding. I would have liked to have had Iris's POV at times in the story. It was a good enough read and I was glad I was able to read it all in one go as I don't like trilogies.

I read this trilogy after reading the next book after this called 'The Other Man' which is about Heath (I won't spoil what his connection to Iris is) and an older woman called Lourdes who features in this trilogy. The product description on the other man told me that it could be read as a standalone but I wouldn't advise it as I found it a bit confusing. It's best to read this story first. The other man runs parallel to this story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20