Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 265

Laura (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Sterling Boys (The Sterling Shore Series #3)
The Sterling Boys (The Sterling Shore Series #3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Rain & Dane's Story, 21 Oct 2014
I enjoyed this authors paranormal books and a few of her contemporaries but I feel she's now over stretching herself. She's becoming too prolific. She rushes to release more and more books and has quite a few series going on at the same time. She's a good author so I'm sorry to give yet another book in this series a negative review but these are just too rushed. If she had taken time over the storylines they would have been really good.

Firstly there are too many similar names all starting with the same letters in this series that I'm getting confused. Nothing really happened in this book other than a 6 year misunderstanding that did seem a bit unrealistic that none of the 'brothers' ever stepped in to help Rain and Dane sort out their differences.

The author has the heroine undergo some rather evasive and life changing operations but they are glossed over and I'm unconvinced at the second operation and how quickly Rain was released from hospital and up and about so soon. Aside from that, it was how quickly that operation took place after she was told about it and I found it very unrealistic she didn't tell anyone. It was then predictable what would happen and then what would lead to the happy ever after.

Dane was far too 'nice'. I'm comparing him to heroes from this authors paranormal series who were real men! The men in this series are not really doing it for me. There is a teaser for the next book but they're all becoming a bit 'samey' so I don't think I'll continue with this series.

40183 - Argan Oil - Shampoo with Moroccan Argan Oil Extract
40183 - Argan Oil - Shampoo with Moroccan Argan Oil Extract
Offered by TTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't lather up well., 20 Oct 2014
I bought this for a pound in a Supermarkets 'special offer' aisle. I thought at that price it was worth giving it a go. I have tried the Argan oil that you leave in your hair in the past and was not a fan.

The shampoo doesn't really lather up and my hair felt unconditioned after shampooing. I don't tend to use hair dryers very often and let my hair air dry. My hair does feel a bit softer and it definitely smells lovely but I'm not sure it's any better than my normal shampoos. However, for the price I paid I'm happy but I don't think I would change to this shampoo or use it on a regular basis.

Grayson
Grayson

3.0 out of 5 stars Story had potential, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Grayson (Kindle Edition)
This book didn't end up being as good as I imagined it was going to be. I liked the synopsis but it didn't live up to it.

I've never read anything from this author before and I'm not sure I liked her writing style. At first I felt like I didn't even like Angie that much! The beginning is quite slow. I liked the middle after they start to get to know each other and have sex but then the final part was far too much telling and not enough showing and there were lots of unresolved issues and things left unsaid. For instance his wife died 4 years ago and he tells Angie she was everything to him but there are no further discussions and no guilt on his part that he is moving on with Angie. Mark is never mentioned again after Grayson deals with him. I got the impression Charles may have inherited Grayson's condition but perhaps not, perhaps he really was just that mean!

Some of the plot was a bit amateurish. I'm sure the author knows about medical conditions as she works in that field but I still felt in the epilogue everything had turned out nice and neatly, all wrapped up in a lovely bow! This story would probably have benefited from being longer and exploring Grayson's issue more and also how they moved on as a couple.

This to me read a bit like a debut novel but I know the author has written others. All I can say is it had potential and it was something a little different from the norm but it didn't quite work for me.

TePe Gingival Gel
TePe Gingival Gel
Offered by Dental Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: TePe Gingival Gel (Personal Care)
My Dental Hygienist has previously recommended TePe brushes which are great but has now advised me to use either Corsodyl Gel or this Gel when cleaning. Having tried numerous Corsodyl products and disliked all of them due to the very strong after taste and the fact if not used properly, it stains your teeth, I opted for this Gel.

I must admit, when it arrived, I was quite shocked to see it is a tiny bottle! It doesn't say on the product page that it is only 20ml. It's quite expensive for that small amount. However, my Hygienist advised I squeeze a small amount on to the back of my hand and dip the TePe brush in gel that way. I imagine it will last longer doing it that way than squirting a bit on the TePe brush for each application.

It has a pleasant taste, far nicer than Corsodyl.

Wisdom InterSpace Soft Toothbrush
Wisdom InterSpace Soft Toothbrush
Offered by Inter-Dentals

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for gum disease, 19 Oct 2014
This brush was recommended to me by my Dental Hygienist along with TePe brushes and TePe Gingival gel. I dip the tip of this brush in the TePe gel and then softly rotate at my gum line on the teeth where I have plaque at the gum line (mainly my back teeth). Eventually I started to use it on all my teeth before I brush. I have noticed a difference and so did my Hygienist.

Official Giants Souvenir Programme: Memories of August 1914
Official Giants Souvenir Programme: Memories of August 1914
by Trinity Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Souvenir, 19 Oct 2014
Official Souvenir Programme from when the Giants visited Liverpool. The programme contents are:

Welcome from Mayor Joe Anderson
The story of Royal de Luxe
'Memories of August 1914'
Lest We Forget
Where you can see the Giants
Remembering 2012
Play your part
Liverpool's cultural destiny
Three sunny days in France

Nice souvenir item with lovely photos.

Open: An Autobiography
Open: An Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars OK read, 18 Oct 2014
I read this in Hardback some time ago. I've always been a tennis fan and whilst I liked Agassi, he was never one of my favourites but his wife, Steffi Graf was so I was disappointed she is sort of glossed over in this book. He doesn't really go into detail about their relationship or marriage. I must admit I was really surprised when they got together but then again, I was surprised when he dated Barbara Streisand!

It was an interesting read especially to read how he lost his love for tennis. I found the parts about when he wore a wig rather amusing!! He seems like a nice guy and him and Steffi do a lot for charity.

Reaper's Stand: Reaper's Motorcycle Club
Reaper's Stand: Reaper's Motorcycle Club

2.0 out of 5 stars It's no picnic!, 18 Oct 2014
I didn't like this story. Reese (Picnic) is in his early 40's and London the heroine is 38 yet they both acted like teenagers. I felt no connection between them whatsoever. Even the love scenes were mediocre. Their story only takes place over a week yet we're supposed to believe they've fallen for one another? I certainly didn't. Not sure why the author started with the prologue she did but that ruined the story straightaway and I expected a different reaction from Reese than we did get. He's supposed to be a bad ass MC President but he couldn't even be described as alpha male. He did nothing for me and I did not believe they fell in love whatsoever no matter the 'one month later' the author gave us. These two needed more dialogue between them other than him lusting after her and her thinking how pretty he was.

As soon as Nate was introduced it was obvious what he was upto. London later becomes, as she freely admits in her annoying internal monologue, 'Lara Croft'. I found it all a bit far fetched and predictable. I haven't liked all the books in this series but this one has definitely been the worst in my opinion. It took me ages to read. I kept setting it aside after rolling my eyes far too many times.

JML Ceracraft 20cm Saucepan (Cranberry & Black)
JML Ceracraft 20cm Saucepan (Cranberry & Black)
Offered by JML Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2014
I'm really pleased with this saucepan. It does what it says...scratch resistant, non stick. You can cook without oil although I use a little bit. The saucepan washes well. I also like the ergonomic easy grip handle. I would buy more of these.

A Bit of Stephen Fry
A Bit of Stephen Fry

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read if you don't know much about Stephen Fry, 17 Oct 2014
I'm giving this short read 4 stars because I learnt things about Stephen Fry I didn't know but then again, I have not read any of his three autobiographies and I imagine a lot of the information in this book is taken from those, so if you have read them, you may find this short recap unhelpful.

I've always found Stephen Fry entertaining. There is no doubt he is a very clever man. It was interesting to read of his time at school when he was a thief! His time at Cambridge and his rise to fame. His 15 year addiction to cocaine is briefly mentioned as is his bi-polar. There is very little information on his bi-polar but this is a short book. It definitely reads like it is extracts from Stephen's own autobiographies.

An interesting read if you know very little about Mr Fry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20