Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 285

Laura (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
**BACK TO SCHOOL**Boys,Girls,Kids,Childrens,Unisex,Plain School Socks-4COLS/SIZE
Price: £3.00 - £6.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 75% cotton, 30 Sep 2014
I specifically ordered these as the Product Description stated 75% Cotton, 25% Polyester, 5% Elastane. Unfortunately, when they arrived they looked like something you would buy from a Pound Shop (threads hanging off and very thin material) and they are in fact only 14% Cotton, 62% Polyester, 22% Polypropylene, 2% Elastane.

I prefer cotton school socks as children's feet sweat in school shoes. It's not worth returning these at the price they were but be warned you do not get what you pay for.

Fox Boys Simpsons EN3078 Boxer Brief, Yellow (Vibrant Yellow/Optic White), 6-8 Years (Manufacturer Size:6-8 Years)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 29 Sep 2014
These are made from polyester which I didn't realise when ordering. My sons are used to cotton underwear but they still liked these although as a parent I would have preferred cotton. They do have a lovely soft feel to them. I ordered two different sizes for my two sons and both fit as expected for their age range.

I think this is a good price. The colours are good and my sons love The Simpsons so they liked them. The yellow waistband on these I would say looks more like a lime green but it's not a problem. I also ordered a pair with the grey waistband. The pattern and colours are the same on both it's just the waistbands which are available in different colours.

Paper Mate Flexgrip Retractable Ball Pen Black - Pack of 5
Paper Mate Flexgrip Retractable Ball Pen Black - Pack of 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite pen, 28 Sep 2014
Paper Mate Flexgrip are my favourite pens to write with. I have used them for years.

I feel I have quite messy writing but with this pen I always feel like my writing looks neater. The grip is great and the writing is smooth. I have given one each to my secondary school age children who both say they write the best when using these.

Maped Ballpen 4 Colour Twin Tip 1.0mm
Maped Ballpen 4 Colour Twin Tip 1.0mm
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 colour pen, 28 Sep 2014
Bought for my son. 4 colours are blue, black, red and green. He likes how two colours are at both ends. The pen is 'soft grip' which makes it more comfortable to write with and hold.

Helix Maped Twin Tip Ball Pen - Girly Pink (Single Pack) 229112
Helix Maped Twin Tip Ball Pen - Girly Pink (Single Pack) 229112

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 colour pen, 28 Sep 2014
Bought for my daughter and she loves it. 4 colours are lime green, purple, pink and light blue.

The pen is 'soft grip' and she says it is very comfortable to write with.

Pilot 2264004BM Frixion Ink Rollerball Pen Point Includes 3 Cartridges Green
Pilot 2264004BM Frixion Ink Rollerball Pen Point Includes 3 Cartridges Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you can find them at a cheap price., 27 Sep 2014
Both my secondary school aged children have been on at me for weeks to buy them one of these after seeing lots of people at school with them. Well firstly the reviews of them put me off saying the ink runs out quickly and secondly the price put me off!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to find this type (with 3 cartridges) in a local Supermarket reduced greatly in price in a sale, so I snapped them up!. My son showed me how it worked but I must admit it looked like it smudged to me when he erased it but for my son who is dyslexic, he does make a lot of errors and his work can end up looking messy with all the scribbling out he does so at this price and for his peace of mind I think they are a good idea.

Because this particular pack comes with the three extra cartridges, I am expecting it to last longer. I purchased blue but they are available in different colours.

NIKE - NIKE REVOLUTION 2 GS - 555082 402 - Footwear - Boy - Size: 3
NIKE - NIKE REVOLUTION 2 GS - 555082 402 - Footwear - Boy - Size: 3
Offered by Smash Camp Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Nike Revolution, 26 Sep 2014
This is the second pair I have purchased (first pair not purchased on Amazon). I bought them for my 11 year old and he is always 'rough' with his shoes. He rides a scooter and a bike and so the first pair only lasted 4 months! Please don't let this put you off as these are running shoes and it's just my son used his for playing out in etc and ruined them however, my daughter also has a pair of these that she uses for running etc and hers are still in excellent condition.

He has now asked for a new pair and I was a bit dubious but I found these at a good price on Amazon (I used the Seller: SportsShoes.com who were selling them the cheapest and they came the very next day).

The top of the shoe is material. They are very lightweight and the fit is good and true to size and I have been told they are very comfortable.

Terry's Chocolate Orange Minis 136g
Terry's Chocolate Orange Minis 136g
Offered by Budget Bargains Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Mm..., 25 Sep 2014
I bought these when they were on offer for a pound in a supermarket. I normally buy the original Terry's Chocolate Orange but these are great. The segments are small but I would say probably half the size of a normal segment and perhaps a little thinner.

The bag is resealable but I must admit they are very moreish and I had to force myself to reseal it!

Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4)
Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 24 Sep 2014
Oh dear Kristen...what's happening?

This author used to me on my favourite list but unfortunately since her publishing deal her books are not living up to those earlier favourites of mine.

This I think is one of her shortest books yet. There is a warning about the sexual content but for the first 55% all the sex they have (and they have a lot) is vanilla. Then the bondage starts around 65% and by 80% there is a lot of anal play but it's not just for the heroine, it's for the hero as well. Now I'm no prude, but I did find those scenes (there are two) very off putting, the alpha male hero having a plug in!!

This book has all the KA hallmarks but whilst I loved them a few years ago, they are now becoming tired and boring. 'Baby', 'Honey', 'you made that play', 'I'll give you that play'..he whispered, she whispered blah, blah, blah. I know when fans like something it's no wonder the author keeps at it but I just wish KA would change it up a bit. At least there were no annoying nicknames in this story but Deacon does refer to Cassie as 'woman' a lot.

Deacon was OK but he's not as alpha as some of KA's heroes and Cassie was the usual KA heroine and I liked her well enough but this story was just boring. Nothing really happened. It took them six years to get together then when they do, apart from her knowing nothing about him, they hook up and are then playing happy families straightaway along with the usual alpha arguments over him paying for everything and her arguing she doesn't want him to. There are very few other characters in this story until near the end when all the other 'Unfinished heroes' and their wives and a couple from the Rock Chick books show up.

Around 80% ish came the usual 'fall out' but it didn't have much of an impact when next minute it's six months later and we are just 'told' how Cassie felt during those six months. This part felt very rushed and perhaps it's due to the short length of this book. We know from the outset Deacon has demons in his past that have made him the way he is. The explanation was OK but I wasn't too convinced that it would have made him become the man he did. The epilogue that KA normally excels at was a real let down. It didn't even have a true ending, it just sort of ended and I thought 'is that it'? I wanted to see them in the future with a couple of those longed for kids they wanted.

All in all, a huge disappointment. I may as well go and read 'Sweet Dreams' again to remember the KA of old.

Where's Wally: The Official Annual 2015
Where's Wally: The Official Annual 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, 23 Sep 2014
I was disappointed with this annual. I expected it to have quite a few 'Where's Wally' puzzles but it doesn't. It's just other puzzles and some stories. Bit of a let down to be honest so I would prefer to buy a more interesting one. My son is a 'Where's Wally' fanatic but I knew for sure he would be very disappointed with this offering so I returned it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20