Profile for Laura > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Men's Room: The Complete Series [DVD]
The Men's Room: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Nighy

5.0 out of 5 stars Have been waiting years to find this on DVD - hooray!, 26 Nov 2014
I have always remembered this series as it was the first time I saw Bill Nighy in anything. I had given up looking for it on DVD as I'm aware the BBC are quite poor at releasing certain programmes. Having just watched Bill Nighy in a film by chance I came on Amazon to search under his name and 'lo and behold I see 'The Men's Room'! Brilliant!!

The story has stuck in my mind for some reason. I loved the music and Bill Nighy is quite different in this than what he plays nowadays. His character Mark is a married Professor but a bit of a womaniser and also quite a weak man. He then meets married Charity (Harriet Walter) and they begin an affair...but will it last?

I imagine it seems a bit dated now but I'm so looking forward to watching it again and am so excited to finally find it on DVD (I had an aged VHS copy from when I recorded it off TV!).

No7 Lift & Luminate Day Cream 15 SPF + 5*UVA
No7 Lift & Luminate Day Cream 15 SPF + 5*UVA
Offered by eLandz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but prefer 'Protect and Perfect', 26 Nov 2014
This is similar to the 'protect and perfect' cream except it 'luminates'. The cream gives a glittery effect on the face. I have used it for a good few months and hoped the 'lift' part would make some difference but I don't feel it works as well or even hydrates as well as protect and perfect so I will go back to that one now as I got more compliments about my skin when using that one.

Lovely cream and smells nice and absorbs well. Quite expensive for the amount you get but there is always some kind of promotion going on (3 for 2 etc).

No7 Boots Sheer Temptation Lipstick Tempt 15
No7 Boots Sheer Temptation Lipstick Tempt 15
Offered by glorycosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Glossy but not long lasting, 26 Nov 2014
This is a good price as they are near enough £10 in Boots.

I've never used the Sheer Temptation lipstick before and was pleasantly surprised that it actually goes on like a lip gloss. It feels very smooth and the overall effect has a glossy look. Only trouble is, same as lip gloss, it wears off quickly. I like it and got it on offer with a Boots voucher but I'm not sure I would buy again and will stick to the other No.7 lipsticks where the colour last longer.

Jack Wills Ladies Body Mist Trio Collection
Jack Wills Ladies Body Mist Trio Collection
Offered by Gift Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scents, 26 Nov 2014
All three have a nice scent although the Jack Wills original spray (third bottle along) is my favourite. The scent is long lasting and 'light'. None are overpowering.

Yankee Candle Advent Calendar 2014 - Limited Edition
Yankee Candle Advent Calendar 2014 - Limited Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift for any Yankee Candle fan, 22 Nov 2014
This makes a lovely gift. Behind each window is a yankee candle tea light (with an extra treat in no.24). You can smell the candles through the packaging and all the scents combined smell lovely. You do have to handle it carefully and keep it flat as the windows can easily start to come undone if it is moved about too much (from turning it over to read about the contents!).

Fragrances included are: Icicles, Angel's Wings, Snowflake Cookie, Cranberry Ice, Christmas Cookie™ and Christmas Garland (I'm not familiar with the first three scents but look forward to trying them out).

Yankee Candle Jar Shade - Large (Iced Poinsettia)
Yankee Candle Jar Shade - Large (Iced Poinsettia)
Offered by Yankee Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 20 Nov 2014
I bought this as a gift. I have a large shade myself. They compliment a Yankee candle medium or large jar. You can also purchase a tray for it to sit on but they are not really needed and once you sit the candle on the tray you don't see much of the pattern.

I bought this as a Christmas gift. Only trouble with the Christmas themed ones is you can't use them all year round but I thought with this particular one you could probably get away with all year useage.

Once the candle is lit they really do look lovely. I also thought this was a good price.

NO 7 HIGH SHINE LIP GLOSS -SHADE - SMILE SPF15- UNBOXED
NO 7 HIGH SHINE LIP GLOSS -SHADE - SMILE SPF15- UNBOXED
Offered by ILM LOADS

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 14 Nov 2014
I got this as part of a No.7 Gift Set.

It's easily applied and a lovely colour. Very similar to the No.7 'Rose' colour lipstick. The fact it has SPF 15 is a bonus.

No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose
No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose
Offered by glorycosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Rose Lipstick, 14 Nov 2014
I ordered this online so couldn't 'try before I buy'. I was expecting it to be a bit lighter. It looks light in the tube but when you apply it, it's quite a bit darker but I still like it. The condition of the lipstick is great and it is easily applied.

Words with Friends Luxe
Words with Friends Luxe

4.0 out of 5 stars Words with Friends, 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Words with Friends Luxe (Toy)
Every Christmas I buy my sister and her family some type of board game. I chose this one as you can use an ipod and they all have one. I also liked the sound of the swivel base.

I obviously can't comment on the game as it's for a present but although I was pleased to get this on offer I was disappointed to later see it even cheaper in a discount store.

BENEFIT COSMETICS peek-a-bright eyes: eye illuminating kit
BENEFIT COSMETICS peek-a-bright eyes: eye illuminating kit
Offered by NS Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, 13 Nov 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my teenage daughter who loves experimenting with make up. I liked that an instruction sheet is included to help her achieve the look and that there is a built in mirror in the lid.

Benefit make up was recommended to me by a good friend. Up until now, my daughter has used cheap make up so I thought it was high time she was treated to something a little bit special (and hope she lets me borrow it!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20