Profile for In My Honest Opinion > Reviews

Content by In My Honest O...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 110

In My Honest Opinion (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Slayer
The Slayer

5.0 out of 5 stars A romance and a bromance and a whole lot more!, 1 April 2015
This review is from: The Slayer (Kindle Edition)
We got a hint of Chuito and Alaine's story in Marcos' book so I was intrigued to see if Chuito would give in to his feelings for Alaine. The book starts in the present when he does eventually give in (sort of!) but it then takes us back over their 5 year friendship. Throughout the book we learn of Chuito's ugly past and his drug addiction etc. He feels he's not good enough for Alaine and that she should find a man from her father's Church to marry and settle down with and have children. But Alaine wants her 'love story' and Chuito is the man she wants. This is more than a romance. It's a story about gangs, the Mafia, family, fighting. It's hard to review as the story is so complex but by the end of it, you do feel you have been on Chuito's journey with him and it's certainly an emotional one.

As well as the romance between Chu and Alaine there is also a 'bromance' between Chu and Tino. Tino is the brother of Romeo and Nova who are Italians. Again, another complex storyline and it helps if you have read the other books but if not, the connection is explained. The part of the story that takes place in Miami is very emotional. I'm not a fan of men who cry but I think Chu and Tino had a lot to cry over!

This was a well written story. I loved Marcos in his book and now I love Chuito, I'm glad he got his happy ending and Alaine got her love story. Tino's book is next but the story I have been waiting for since he first appeared in this series is Nova's story. I absolutely love him! He intrigues me so much. There are some funny scenes in this book that feature Nova. I can't wait to read his story.

In A New York Minute
In A New York Minute

4.0 out of 5 stars A sweet romance, 30 Mar. 2015
This is a funny, sweet read. I loved the author's movie references (and references to Nora Ephron and Woody Allen). Amy has moved from Ireland to a job in Manhattan. Luckily for her, her sister Rachel already lives there so she at least knows someone but she is determined to visit places from her favourite NY movies and hopefully experience her 'New York moment'. The book is about three blind dates she goes on, none of which are successful but in the sidelines is Charlie, the doorman at her apartment building. He had heard about her through her sister before she moved there and he calls her 'Amy from Ireland'.

It's a predictable read. I knew where the ending would take place and it's a sweet ending but obviously, this is only 23 pages long so it ends just when it's getting good! I would love to read a future novel about these two.

Umi Terri II Silver Canvas Skate Trainer 337112a-040 3 UK Youth, 36 EU
Umi Terri II Silver Canvas Skate Trainer 337112a-040 3 UK Youth, 36 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shoe. Prefer to Converse, 29 Mar. 2015
I first bought a pair of these shoes in T K Maxx. I'm an adult, but I have tiny feet. I find that I need to buy children's shoes as adult size 3 are always too big, so having previously owned a pair of these shoes in the pink colour and finding them very, very comfortable (much more comfortable than Converse shoes), I was really pleased to see them on Amazon and at a great price so I went for the silver colour this time.

I would recommend these shoes as they are so comfortable but I have found they wore down quite quickly but then again I literally wore them day in, day out from the moment I bought them so I shouldn't complain and not when a replacement pair is as cheap as this.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 Gym Kit 5 Piece Gift Set Razor, Blade Cartridge, Shave Gel, Earphones & Sports Towel
Offered by Jewel of London Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gym Kit 5 Piece Gift Set, 29 Mar. 2015
This is a good set with the Razor, Shaving Moisturising Gel and the headphones but I find the microfibre towel a bit disappointing. It's very small. My son actually asked if it was a chamois leather! It's not even hand towel size.

Although it states 5 piece gift set the cartridge on the razor is included as one of the 5 pieces so in reality, it's a 4 piece gift set in my opinion. However, makes good gift set for a present.

Soap And Glory Birthday Washes Gift Set
Soap And Glory Birthday Washes Gift Set
Offered by Solretail LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice products but very small sized, 28 Mar. 2015
I received this as a birthday gift. I like both these products in their usual sizes. These are travel sizes. OK for going away for the weekend say. The Clean on Me is rather small, it would probably only last for a few showers.

Gtech Multi
Gtech Multi

4.0 out of 5 stars Gtech Multi Cleaner, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gtech Multi (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this direct from Gtech when I bought my Air Ram. I didn't realise when I bought it that you have to keep your finger on the 'on' button while you are using it. It's also quite heavy to hold so say I am using it on my stairs, by the time I get to the top stair my arm is aching a bit from holding it. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or return it but I had a 30 days money back guarantee so I persevered and now I'm keeping it as I have got used to it. It's great for getting in nooks and crannies!

It has a few different attachments with it: a crevice tool, dusting brush and flexible hose which are all conveniently stowed away in the body of the vacuum. The 18cm (7-inch) wide upholstery tool (I received this tool free with my purchase) allows you to make short work of stairs, sofas and car seats. I have used it quite a lot now and it's so easy to just pick up and hoover crumbs from the sofa etc (messy kids!).

You have to charge it and a charge lasts 30 minutes. It can be a bit frustrating when you're in the middle of cleaning with it and the battery goes and you have to charge it up. It's easy to empty. I also use this to clean out my Air Ram!

The price on here is different to what I paid but even though I got it at a reduced price buying it on an offer with the Air Ram, I still think it's a bit pricey when in effect, it is just like a Dust Buster which are a lot cheaper. But of course, a Dust Buster won't reach the parts the Multi can so it has it's good points and it has a couple of bad points (mainly the weight and how your finger, wrist and arm can ache when using it) but overall, I'm happy with my purchase.

Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)
Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, 25 Mar. 2015
I read quite a lot of the books in this authors 'Rough Riders' series and enjoyed them but preferred the ones that featured M/F rather than M/M/F etc. I thought I would try this new series but this first book is a menage book with M/M/F. I've read this style before but unfortunately I didn't like this one as much as some. I also missed the authors humour that is apparent in her other series. She is a good writer and she does write good sex scenes but I couldn't connect with the characters in this story. I will probably try the others in this series as I see they don't all involve menage.

Wallet of 24 x Papermate Felt Tip Pens 24 Colours
Wallet of 24 x Papermate Felt Tip Pens 24 Colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Felt Tips, 24 Mar. 2015
Like another reviewer, I bought these for an excellent price in Home Bargains. I was surprised how cheap they were as Papermate are normally very expensive. I bought them for all my children to share and they use them for home use and for homework etc. Excellent selection of colours which includes 3 fluorescent colours. They are washable ink and medium tip. I wish I had bought a few packs though as my kids are always fighting over them!

Brilliant buy at a brilliant price.

Gtech AR02 Air Ram Filter Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
Gtech AR02 Air Ram Filter Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
Offered by House of Willow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 24 Mar. 2015
I ordered this direct from Gtech website and ordered the Gtech Multi at the same time which saves £49. It came the next day. I love it! it has made my life a lot easier and I can now hoover my whole house a lot quicker than I used to do and it's so easy and light to lift up the stairs. No worries about the lead getting caught as there isn't one!

I wasn't so sure about the multi at first as you have to keep your finger pressed on the 'on' button and it felt quite heavy in my hand but I have quite weak wrists and suffer with pains in my neck and shoulders so holding the weight of this can be a bit uncomfortable for me but my kids actually love the multi! They have been using it a lot as if they think it's a toy! I decided to keep it as it is good for getting to the parts the Ram can't get to although I am able to hoover my stairs with the AirRam.

This did seem expensive but it's more than worth the money to me just because of how much easier it is for me to vacuum and what a time saver it has turned out to be. I'm really pleased with it.

Wulf Sports Wulf - Cub MX Gloves Size XXS (Pink)
Wulf Sports Wulf - Cub MX Gloves Size XXS (Pink)
Offered by Giant Red 7

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves them but they're not as hard wearing as I expected, 24 Mar. 2015
(review of the boys 'green' gloves)
Good fit but after only a few wears a lot of the plastic on the finger area has fallen off. Expected wear and tear as they are used for biking, but didn't expect this to happen after only a few wears considering the price. However, my son loves them and they were a perfect fit for his 8 year old hands.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20