Profile for Laura > Reviews

Yankee Candle Advent Calendar 2014 - Limited Edition
Yankee Candle Advent Calendar 2014 - Limited Edition
Offered by UK Product Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift for any Yankee Candle fan, 22 Nov 2014
This makes a lovely gift. Behind each window is a yankee candle tea light (with an extra treat in no.24). You can smell the candles through the packaging and all the scents combined smell lovely. You do have to handle it carefully and keep it flat as the windows can easily start to come undone if it is moved about too much (from turning it over to read about the contents!).

Fragrances included are: Icicles, Angel's Wings, Snowflake Cookie, Cranberry Ice, Christmas Cookie™ and Christmas Garland (I'm not familiar with the first three scents but look forward to trying them out).

Yankee Candle Jar Shade - Large (Iced Poinsettia)
Yankee Candle Jar Shade - Large (Iced Poinsettia)
Offered by Yankee Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 20 Nov 2014
I bought this as a gift. I have a large shade myself. They compliment a Yankee candle medium or large jar. You can also purchase a tray for it to sit on but they are not really needed and once you sit the candle on the tray you don't see much of the pattern.

I bought this as a Christmas gift. Only trouble with the Christmas themed ones is you can't use them all year round but I thought with this particular one you could probably get away with all year useage.

Once the candle is lit they really do look lovely. I also thought this was a good price.

NO 7 HIGH SHINE LIP GLOSS -SHADE - SMILE SPF15- UNBOXED
NO 7 HIGH SHINE LIP GLOSS -SHADE - SMILE SPF15- UNBOXED
Offered by ILM LOADS

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 14 Nov 2014
I got this as part of a No.7 Gift Set.

It's easily applied and a lovely colour. Very similar to the No.7 'Rose' colour lipstick. The fact it has SPF 15 is a bonus.

No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose
No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in Classic Rose
Offered by Topstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Rose Lipstick, 14 Nov 2014
I ordered this online so couldn't 'try before I buy'. I was expecting it to be a bit lighter. It looks light in the tube but when you apply it, it's quite a bit darker but I still like it. The condition of the lipstick is great and it is easily applied.

Words with Friends Luxe
Words with Friends Luxe

4.0 out of 5 stars Words with Friends, 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Words with Friends Luxe (Toy)
Every Christmas I buy my sister and her family some type of board game. I chose this one as you can use an ipod and they all have one. I also liked the sound of the swivel base.

I obviously can't comment on the game as it's for a present but although I was pleased to get this on offer I was disappointed to later see it even cheaper in a discount store.

BENEFIT COSMETICS peek-a-bright eyes: eye illuminating kit
BENEFIT COSMETICS peek-a-bright eyes: eye illuminating kit
Offered by Simply Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, 13 Nov 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my teenage daughter who loves experimenting with make up. I liked that an instruction sheet is included to help her achieve the look and that there is a built in mirror in the lid.

Benefit make up was recommended to me by a good friend. Up until now, my daughter has used cheap make up so I thought it was high time she was treated to something a little bit special (and hope she lets me borrow it!)

Smokin' Eyes by BeneFit Cosmetics Sexy Eye & Brow Makeover Kit
Smokin' Eyes by BeneFit Cosmetics Sexy Eye & Brow Makeover Kit
Offered by Working six Days a Week

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars, 13 Nov 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my teenage daughter who loves experimenting with make up. I liked that an instruction sheet is included to help her achieve the smokin' eyes look.

Lovely set with the tweezers etc and the mirror.

Felix (5th Street)
Felix (5th Street)

4.0 out of 5 stars Felix & Ella's story, 13 Nov 2014
I have loved all the books in this series so I had high hopes for Felix's story and the last in the 5th Street Series (sadly). In the prologue Felix is just how I remember him from the other books. A bit of a manwhore, a bit cocky and full of himself. However, when the story starts and he meets Ella he turns into a bit of a softie! Yes he has elements of an alpha male but not having had many serious relationships Felix is stunned by his feelings for Ella and she is totally different from the girls he normally goes for. In fact she is described as quite plain but to Felix she is beautiful.

I liked Ella and Felix. Ella is 21 but very mature for her age (we don't get told Felix's age but I'm guessing in his 20's). Theirs is a nice sweet love story with them both deciding to be honest with each other. There is no angst. They fall in love and apart from a little jealousy on Felix's side their story was a good one. I always like how this author paces her stories. The couple don't meet and jump straight into bed together. The romance is always slow burning.

I love this authors writing style. She hooks you in straightaway and the story always flows well. However, at 80% the author decided to give this couple a bit of a challenge. I don't want to spoil it for other readers but for me, it ruined what would have been a five star read for me. I admire the author for tackling such a storyline but for me personally, I don't like to read things like that in romances. It actually left me feeling a bit down whereas to me, romances should make you feel good. There is a lot of telling not showing to move the story along and I was assuming this part took place over quite a large space of time so I was confused by by the timeline when near the end we are told it's only been a few months.

However, the epilogue redeemed things and I thought it was great to see all the 5th street guys with their wives and children and each of them given a section told from the guys POV. I'm sad to see this series come to an end. I just felt a bit sorry that Felix and Ella got a bit of a tough deal compared to the other couples. I look forward to reading what this author comes up with next.

The Letterbox Buster! - Full Of Mouthwatering Old Fashioned Retro Sweets - 100% Money Back Guarantee! - Perfect Inexpensive Christmas Gift, Secret Santa & Stocking Filler
Offered by A Quarter Of - The Retro Sweets You Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the £1 I paid, 11 Nov 2014
Like many other reviewers I got this when it was offered at the weekend for £1. I really don't think anyone can complain when they got it for a £1. The box it comes in is exactly as shown in the third photo down. Unfortunately because it is indeed 'letterbox' size once the Postman posts it through the sweets all get thrown about. It's not laid out like in the photos obviously as there is nothing to hold the sweets in place and some of my sweets were squashed and the wham bars for instance feel rock hard! I hope they don't break my daughter's teeth!

I will say that in the photos there are some different sweets that I didn't get in mine and I absolutely love 'Bubblys' but I only got two and they are very, very small. However, for a stocking filler for my daughter, this was well worth £1 and if I were to buy all these individually in a Sweet Shop, they would come to more than £1. I would be prepared to pay £1.50 with free p&p for this but definitely wouldn't have paid the original price.

Just to note. I expect the Seller put it on offer for £1 because all the sweets expire at the end of March 2015 so be aware if you are giving as an xmas gift, it has a short expiry date.

Hasbro Care Bears Wiggle Hugs Wonderheart Dance and Sing Bear
Hasbro Care Bears Wiggle Hugs Wonderheart Dance and Sing Bear
Offered by Only The Best Quality Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, 10 Nov 2014
Very cute. Press the loveheart on Wonderheart Bear's tummy and she sings and dances. Says 'Let's Dance', 'Giggle while you wiggle', 'my name is Wonderheart bear'. Then sings a nice sweet song about 'sharing a hug with you'.

Lovely soft material. Uses 3 x AA batteries (included)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20