Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 90

Laura (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bound By Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 4)
Bound By Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Lily & Romero's story, 27 Aug. 2015
I've been waiting for Lily and Romero's story. We know from the other books that Lily has had a crush on Romero since she was young. This book takes us back over the past books and instances when she was with Romero. I didn't expect that but what we find out is that she is the same age as one of Romero's sisters and he has no feelings for her yet as soon as he meets her again when she is nearly 18 he is suddenly seeing her in a different light and lusting after her.

There isn't enough dialogue between them but far too much internal monologue from both their POV's. I felt like we didn't get to know Romero or his back story. Yes he's 'nice' but their story was a bit boring until near the end where it was a bit rushed and also went in a direction I didn't expect (I thought Lily's decision didn't make much sense considering how she had felt throughout the book). I know the author has had some personal problems and it has taken her a while to publish this story but perhaps she rushed it a bit? However, it was definitely edited better than the last book which was riddled with errors.

I liked it, but I expected more. I will continue to read the series but am hoping the author can come up with something a bit different as they are becoming a bit 'samey' and I wish she would include more dialogue between the hero and heroine to at least convince us of their love.

I Have Asperger's
I Have Asperger's

3.0 out of 5 stars In the style of a blog, 22 Aug. 2015
This review is from: I Have Asperger's (Kindle Edition)
Erin started a blog about her Asperger's and this book is basically extracts from the blog (starting when she was younger so the 'voice' does sound quite childish but matures as the book progresses) and then she adds little updates now she is reading back on it. It's an OK read but I would have preferred a different style rather than the blog posts. She also adds links to her blog, Twitter, Facebook etc. She seems like a really lovely girl and I love that she loves animals. I would have liked her to expand on some things she mentions eg. She says she has PTSD from her time at school but she doesn't expand on this but maybe it's because it's too painful for her?

Not exactly an informative read but interesting nevertheless. I wish Erin well.

Batman Lunch Bag and Bottle Set
Batman Lunch Bag and Bottle Set
Offered by Lunch Bag Land

4.0 out of 5 stars Batman Lunch Bag and Bottle Set, 21 Aug. 2015
My son loves Batman and said he wanted this lunch bag which I did think was overpriced but we managed to get it from Argos as he received a five pound gift card from there when he bought some Batman Lego!

It's a good quality insulated lunch bag with a name card on the back. The water bottle is great. It's the non drip kind. He won't use the bottle for school as he takes cartons of juice but it will come in handy for days out etc.

Papermate Black Flexgrip Pens
Papermate Black Flexgrip Pens
Offered by Budget Bargains Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite pen!, 20 Aug. 2015
Paper Mate Flexgrip are my favourite pens to write with. I have used them for years.

I feel I have quite messy writing but with this pen I always feel like my writing looks neater. The grip is great and the writing is smooth. I have given one each to my secondary school age children who both say they feel their writing improves by using these.

Only trouble is the pens are so popular in my family they seem to disappear and I can never find one! I've just bought this 5 pack and am going to hide them to make sure my kids don't take them to school and lose them!

Pukka Pads A4 Metallic Jotta Wirebound Notebook (Pack of 3)
Pukka Pads A4 Metallic Jotta Wirebound Notebook (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Jotta, 20 Aug. 2015
I bought my daughter a Pukka Pad set ready for Year 11 and her GCSE's. The set contained this pad. I notice from reviews a debate about the quality of the paper changing. I would say it has obviously become thinner as it definitely doesn't feel 'thick'. The perforated part to tear pages out is useful as is the wirebound style.

My daughters is also a lovely purple colour.

Boy Teens us Brass Quaid Black Slip on Shoes
Boy Teens us Brass Quaid Black Slip on Shoes
Offered by shoeshoebedo

4.0 out of 5 stars Great low price shoe, 20 Aug. 2015
My sons school has very strict guidelines on boys footwear. Out of the choices available this is the only style my son likes. Last year I bought very similar to this from M&S for thirty pounds. However, they have changed the style this year and my son didn't like them so he sourced these on Amazon and I thought they were a great price for school shoes (that always get scuffed etc).

Just a note that the inside is not black as in the photos but purple. My son was a bit put off by that at first! They fit length wise but were a bit loose at the 'tongue' part but an insole soon fixed that.

Good price and they arrived within a day of ordering.

Cash's Fight (The Last Riders Book 5)
Cash's Fight (The Last Riders Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cash & Rachel, 19 Aug. 2015
I enjoyed this book. The writing improves as the series goes on and they also become more witty. I liked Rachel as a heroine. She might have been in love with Cash for years but when he hurts her, she makes him work for her forgiveness. I like a bit of angst in a love story and these two had a fair bit in their back and forth relationship.

I also liked Cash, yes he's a manwhore but I did believe he fell in love with Rachel whereas some of the other heroes in this series I wasn't convinced of their love for the heroine. Unfortunately, again we get the 'sharing' between the hero and heroine and one of the other Last Riders. In this book, it's Train who gets to 'play' with Rachel and Cash. I felt Train got to perform quite an intimate act on Rachel which I found odd as Cash was so possessive of her I would have thought he would want to have done that himself. I find the 'sharing' a tad distasteful as although I have read menage romances, they're not my favourite thing. It takes away from the romance of the main couple.

I also find the endings are quite abrupt. I know the couples continue to feature in the other books but they just sort of end like the end of a chapter rather than the end of the book. There was something mentioned in the epilogue between Cash and Rachel's brother Tate that I wanted to read about when Rachel discovered it but no, it just ended.

I've read that Tate will get his own book. I'm looking forward to that one!

Really enjoying this series.

LEGO Super Heroes 76012: Batman: The Riddler Chase
LEGO Super Heroes 76012: Batman: The Riddler Chase
Offered by jadlamracingmodels

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, 18 Aug. 2015
My son bought this from Argos using a Gift Card and paid the full RRP so the price here on Amazon is a good deal.

My two Lego mad sons have always favoured Lego City but now my youngest son age 8 is into the Super Heroes Lego, particularly Batman. He can normally assemble Lego City items himself but having read the reviews of this set I told him he would probably need help from his older brother or Dad but he insisted he could do it himself and he did...but it did take him a long time!

It's a good value set with the two vehicles and the 3 mini figures. He loves the Batmobile!

Knox's Stand (The Last Riders Book 3)
Knox's Stand (The Last Riders Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Marshmallow Knox!, 17 Aug. 2015
I really enjoyed this story of gentle giant Knox who as Diamond states is just a 'marshmallow'!

Diamond has been one of my favourite heroines of this series. I liked her and how she handled herself. Of course Knox is her weakness and even though his actions hurt her, she learns why he can't give himself completely to her but she fights to win his love.

I liked Knox although as usual, these brothers like to share their lady in group sex sessions and I do find that side of things a bit off putting but it's written well.

I feel this book was an improvement on the first two. You can tell the author is growing as a writer. I felt some parts of the story tug at my heartstrings. However, there were some parts that I found rushed. I started this series out of order but although I've come to realise Shade is very popular, I actually now have a soft spot for Knox!

Addictive series for sure.

Animal EW5SG001 20B Tortoise Rodeo Wrap Sunglasses Lens Category 3
Animal EW5SG001 20B Tortoise Rodeo Wrap Sunglasses Lens Category 3
Offered by Redhotsunglasses | Free Delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Animal Sunglasses, 17 Aug. 2015
Bought as a gift for my husband (without him trying them on prior to purchase from Boots). They give good coverage but they are a little 'tight' on the sides of the head, but hopefully will loosen with time.

Nice style.