Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 83

Laura (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lucky's Choice (The Last Riders Book 7)
Lucky's Choice (The Last Riders Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 31 July 2015
I've been in a real reading slump lately. I saw my friend reviewed this book and I was intrigued. It did say it could be read as a standalone so I decided to read this which is book 7 in the series without having read any of the others and whilst I felt a bit lost in some parts as to what had gone on, I was able to ask my friend to fill me in on some bits so although I enjoyed reading it as a standalone I would advise it's probably best to read the others. I'm not really a fan of MC books but I liked this one and the MC lifestyle is not heavily featured.

I like books where the heroine is not the usual stick thin, beautiful woman so the fact that Willa is a US size 20 was good to read. I really liked her as a heroine and she grows in strength throughout the story. I found Lucky's character changed in the second half of the book and he was loving towards Willa and his reasons for how he treated her in the first half of the book were explained. He definitely needed the love of a good woman to help him see where he was going wrong. They have a good relationship although I expected they would have a few fall outs but Willa is very understanding and forgiving so any little hiccups along the way are easily overcome. Lucky has a particular sexual fetish that Willa is a bit scared of but I knew she would give in eventually and I loved the scene where she did. The author is good at incorporating wit into her writing.

Lucky is/was a Pastor so there were quite a few religious references that weren't really to my taste but I enjoyed this read and am interested to read some of the others in the series (in particular Shade's story) as I liked the relationships between the 'Last Riders' but I'm really looking forward to reading Rider's book and finding out who he gets paired up with. I liked his character!

M&Co Teen Girls Sleeveless Crochet Trim Elephant Print Strappy Crop Top
M&Co Teen Girls Sleeveless Crochet Trim Elephant Print Strappy Crop Top
Offered by M&Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely top, 29 July 2015
My daughter loves M&Co clothing. However, their sizes can vary in outfits so she's just ordered two tops in her next size up. One fitted great but this one is probably a bit on the large size but still looks great (and she will get more wear out of it).

This is a lovely top. The material is lovely and soft and the motif pattern with the crochet trim looks lovely and makes it more of a 'dressy' top than a casual one. The back has band of strap going across the upper back.

M&Co Teen Girls Dark Grey Sleeveless Candy Skull Printed Burnout Split Back Crop Top Grey 158/161
Offered by M&Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely top, 29 July 2015
Lovely top for layering with skull motif. Nice soft material (very thin) and lightweight. Bought for my daughter who went up a size and it fits great and she's a slim girl so I would recommend going up the next size. It's a cropped length.

Black Magic
Black Magic

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tune, 27 July 2015
This review is from: Black Magic (MP3 Download)
My daughter is a Little Mix fan and I have also attended a Little Mix concert with her. I enjoy their music. This new single (reaching No.1) is a very catchy tune that actually reminds me of a movie soundtrack song from an 80's film! The accompanying video to this release is also good. My daughter is looking forward to the release of their new album in November.

Solitaire Arena
Solitaire Arena

3.0 out of 5 stars Was good until it started prompting me to pay!, 25 July 2015
This review is from: Solitaire Arena (App)
Was enjoying this game at first until it started prompting me to buy credits etc. If you don't then you have to wait 15 minutes for it to let you play for free again. I have now deleted the app as I also don't like apps that link to Facebook or want my Facebook information.

Thwaites Wainwright Golden Ale - 12 x 500ml
Thwaites Wainwright Golden Ale - 12 x 500ml
Offered by Fine Wine Sellers

5.0 out of 5 stars Wainwright Golden Ale, 22 July 2015
My husband prefers lager to drink but after a holiday last year when he tried Ale from a Brewery, he has taken quite a liking to it. I bought him some bottles of this Ale for Father's Day (because he also likes Wainwright!) and now he is buying it regularly (single bottles are sold in Home Bargains store). He loves it.

Iron Fist  Distant Memory Flat Sandal Sandals Womens
Iron Fist Distant Memory Flat Sandal Sandals Womens
Price: £16.50 - £35.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Small fit so go up a size, 22 July 2015
I bought these in the sale direct from Iron Fist website. They were bought as a present for my daughter but they are too small. I would recommend going up a size. They're a nice flip flop style. They're a little bit too big for me as I have small feet but I will wear them as too late to return now.

THREE PACKS of Clairol Nice n Easy Root Touch Up Dark Brown 4
THREE PACKS of Clairol Nice n Easy Root Touch Up Dark Brown 4
Offered by Health in The Post

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasts a couple of washes and then grey shows again, 22 July 2015
I find whenever I dye my hair the grey at the front shows through again within a week! I therefore tried this dye as I only needed to touch up the greys at the front and near my temples. You only get a small amount but it was enough for what I needed. It's easy to apply with the brush. It does advise to leave on an extra 5 minutes for stubborn grey which I did and it covered the grey.

However...anyone remember those little sachets of tinted hair dye back in the day? Well this is what this reminded me of as the next time I washed after dyeing it, loads of grey was showing at the front again so to me, it's just a 'wash in/wash out' dye and not worth the money I paid for it. Very disappointing.

Wulfsport Kids Mx Bmx ATV Quad Race Shirt Jersey 2014 Black - 3/4 Years
Wulfsport Kids Mx Bmx ATV Quad Race Shirt Jersey 2014 Black - 3/4 Years
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Wulfsport BMX Shirt, 14 July 2015
Great lightweight shirt. I would recommend going down a size as they come up big especially in the length.

Nice'n Easy Permanent Hair Colour Root Touch Up - No. 4 Dark Brown