Profile for Laura > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 133

Laura (UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1)
The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 1 of 2, 27 Jan. 2015
Firstly, I'm pretty sure when I first saw this book it did not state (Travelling Series #1), even if it had, I would have assumed that was a Series meaning the next book would be about different characters. However, it actually means a continuation book. This one ends on a 'will they/won't they' style cliffhanger and the next book is out in the Spring. If I had realised I would have waited until both books were out as I don't like waiting for the next book as it ruins the flow of the story for me.

That aside, this was an enjoyable read. I've read a few books from this author and I like her writing style. This feels a bit YA in the first part of the story which follows Kes and Aimee from age 10 - 17. The second part starts when they are 24/25. I did feel Kes still sounded like a 17 year old in the second part but then he is a vulnerable soul and has a lot of insecurities from his upbringing. He's a great character but obviously has some issues, one of which is he is dyslexic. Having a dyslexic son myself, I was pleased to see the author raising awareness of dyslexia.

Aimee falls in love with Kes when she is 10 years old even though they only get to see each other for two weeks each year. Then something happens and the story fast forwards eight years later. Aimee has realised her dream and then she is reunited with Kes who is still a 'Travelling Man'. Will they work out this time or will circumstances keep them apart? Unfortunately, we have to read the next book to find out. Most frustrating but at least it's out in the Spring and we don't have to wait months and months.

A recommended read but you may wish to wait for both books to be out as the story will probably have a better impact than the way it has been left hanging in this one. I would love to know why authors feel the need to drag out their stories? As a reader, it is something I dislike. However, I did like the story so it's 4 stars but it would have been 5 if the story was told in one book.

Clinique almost lipstick 06 Black Honey
Clinique almost lipstick 06 Black Honey
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

4.0 out of 5 stars Deceiving colour!, 25 Jan. 2015
I received this as a free gift through an order on Clinique website. It did look dark on the website and of course it was called Black Honey. When it came and I saw how dark it was (almost black) I thought 'not for me' so I gave it to my teenage daughter and was then shocked to see that when it goes on, it is not dark at all. It's a lovely colour and suits my daughter. The more you apply, the darker it goes but it was so unexpected to what I imagined it to be. I would never have ordered it on it's name alone or in fact seeing it's colour online but it really surprised me!

My order from Clinique is the first time I have tried their make up. I have been impressed and will definitely order more. I had three lipsticks in total all of which feel great when they are applied to the lips.

The Way, Way Back [DVD]
The Way, Way Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam James

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for teenage daughter, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Way, Way Back [DVD] (DVD)
My daughter asked for this film for Christmas. I had never heard of it to be honest, but she really enjoyed it and parts of it made her cry.

Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief [DVD]
Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief [DVD]
Dvd ~ Uma Thurman

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable film, 25 Jan. 2015
My son watched this film at school as part of a task they were doing about Greece. He didn't get to see the whole film so after seeing it on here for a cheap price I ordered it for him and he really enjoys it. It is rated PG and even though he is Primary School age I didn't find anything too offensive in it or scary. My older son also enjoyed it as he too has dyslexia like Percy.

Happy Femme Eau de Parfum - 30 ml
Happy Femme Eau de Parfum - 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Perfume, 23 Jan. 2015
I ordered this direct from Clinique website after reading some of the negative reviews on here about whether this was the real thing.

The real thing is a lovely light daytime perfume. It's a citrus scent and it lasts throughout the day.

Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie - 02 Nude-Tritious
Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie - 02 Nude-Tritious
Offered by TGM-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 23 Jan. 2015
I ordered this direct from the Clinique website. It was smaller than I expected and it took me quite sometime to get the colour to come out. When it did, I liked the texture. It's a nice colour and feels nice with the gloss and the added Vitamin C is great for the cold weather. Not sure it's value for money though or that I would re-purchase.

Long Last Lipstick by Clinique Creamy Nude Soft
Long Last Lipstick by Clinique Creamy Nude Soft
Offered by M Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour and texture, 23 Jan. 2015
I received this lipstick as a 'free gift' when I ordered from the Clinique website. I have always liked Nude colour lipsticks and this one is a lovely colour and a lovely texture. However, I don't find it long lasting but then again, I don't find any of my lipsticks long lasting so I would use this again.

CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT mascara No 01 black 8gr
CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT mascara No 01 black 8gr
Offered by ThinkinBeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Jan. 2015
I received a sample size of this mascara with a recent order direct from the Clinique website. I'm not a person who wears make up everyday and I quite often find when I do wear mascara, my eyes get irritated. Not so with this mascara. I am really pleased with it. It goes on well and feels 'light'. What I mean is, it doesn't feel clumpy on my lashes. I shall be buying the full size one when my sample runs out and this will be the mascara I use from now on as it is quite literally the best mascara I have ever used.

Courting Trouble
Courting Trouble

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Courting Trouble (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed a short freebie from this author that was to do with this series so downloaded this full length novel seeing a it was only 99p. I won't go over the plot as the other reviewer has covered that.

I liked Jason and Sienna. At times I felt lost with the timeline of the book. It would read as if a few weeks had gone by but would then mention something the night before so I could never work out quite how long they had been in their arrangement. The sex is well written, more sensual than erotic in my view although there is some anal play. It's a nice light read, there is no real angst or misunderstandings between them. I felt the pacing of the story wasn't very good. It dragged a bit in the beginning and middle and then was kind of rushed towards the end. I would have liked to read more of them once they were in the actual arrangement rather than all the bits beforehand.

However, I did enjoy reading it and will look out for more by this author.

Nerf Vortex Mega Howler Football
Nerf Vortex Mega Howler Football
Offered by Venture Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega Howler, 22 Jan. 2015
My son received this as a gift. It throws well and makes a whistling sound. Great outdoor toy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20