Profile for Nic Evans > Reviews

Nic Evans

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jun 2014
Having recently purchased the new Gregg Allman and friends double CD, I was looking forward to hearing some early Allman Brothers Band. Even taking in to consideration it was recorded 42 years ago, the sound quality is no better than a poor bootleg and I was left disappointed as I have other Allman Brothers live albums from the 1970's. It bears no comparison to the official live albums of that period. My advice-avoid and spend your £7.99 elsewhere

In Transit
In Transit

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: In Transit (Audio CD)
It cost a lot of money, over £40, but it was worth every penny. I have many live albums in my collection-Sabbath, Purple for whom Blue on Black have supported, Queen, Zeppelin. This album is up their with anything produced by those bands. I'm glad I took the decision to buy the last remaining copy. Although Blue on Black have ceased to be, I hope someone, somewhere will re-release this album. I'm sure it would be a big seller. Buy it, downloads are available.

Robert Johnson's Door
Robert Johnson's Door
Offered by makandmabel

5.0 out of 5 stars An underrated classic, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Robert Johnson's Door (Audio CD)
I read Lee Lucas' review after listening to the album for the first time yesterday. The album was playing throughout my 90 minute journey to and from work. I can only endorse the comments made by Lee, especially about track 7.

Brilliant album

Fantastic price! Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Live
Live

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know what you miss till its gone, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
As this now will be the only live album of JJ Cale available since the passing of such a wonderful musician, each track has greater poignancy and the album should be enjoyed for the excellent songs. I have always enjoyed the Lynyrd Skynyrd version of Call me the breeze, but this live version by the composer of the song is just superb. Go buy.

Time
Time

4.0 out of 5 stars An underrated album, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
First purchased as a cassette in 1995 after a holiday in Estoril and for a few months was played regularly until finding its way to a charity shop shelf. Remembered the Estoril track and decided to take a punt as the price was such a good offer. Glad I did as 18 years on the tracks have not dated. Worthy of investigation for any Mac fans who gave this a miss in 1995

Sacred Songs
Sacred Songs
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Not our cup of tea, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Sacred Songs (Audio CD)
My wife and I are big fans of Daryl Hall, however we were both disappointed by the collection of tracks on this album. For real die hard fans only

Easy Livin'
Easy Livin'
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Southern Rock Heaven, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Easy Livin' (Audio CD)
Bought totally on a whim after doing a bit of internet research on the group's back ground. A wonderful collection of songs to listen to on a hot summer's evening sitting on the back porch.

Wales Evolution T-Shirt Welsh Dragon Tee . Sport Gift Mens (X-Large, Forest Green)
Offered by T-Shirt Mania

5.0 out of 5 stars Wales forever, 26 Aug 2013
If you are welsh and like rugby but do not want to look like everyone else in their Red rugby shirt, buy this as it gets people looking and trying to work out the meaning! Have been asked on a number of occasions where I bought the shirt-Amazon of course! Have another one ready to order for next summer. The current one has been washed many times and neither the colour nor logo have faded.

Live At The Apollo With David Ruffin & E
Live At The Apollo With David Ruffin & E
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Hall and Oates at their best, 26 Aug 2013
Have been to see both Hall and Oates and Daryl Hall on a number of occasions. Listening to this album makes you wish that you had been in the audience for this concert. Superb!

On Stage
On Stage

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife's favourite, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: On Stage (Audio CD)
Personally not a fan of the Michael McDonald era of the Doobie brothers, however this album is a great favorite of my wife as many of the songs are from the Michael McDonald era (late 70's). The 5 stars reflect her liking of the album.

Page: 1 | 2