Profile for borneng > Reviews

Dreaming Out Loud
Dreaming Out Loud
Price: 5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Real New Found Talent !, 17 Jun 2008
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I listened to this album on my flight back home as part of the airline's on demand audio. I could not stop listening to it over and over again for almost the entire 13 hours journey. And one of the first thing I did when I got home was to buy this album.

I just simply could not find better words to describe how beautiful this album is.

It has been a while since I come across talent like this. It's just fantastic.

The Holy Bible from the Ancient Eastern Text: George M. Lamsa's Translations from the Aramaic of the Peshitta
by George Mamishisho Lamsa
Price: 22.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The clearest translation of the Holy Scriptures, 31 July 2004
Aramaic was the lingua franca throughout the ancient Middle East area (from 975 BC). We know that Jesus, his disciples and contemporaries spoke and wrote in Aramaic.
George Lamsa's translation of the Bible is a direct translation into English of the ancient scriptures in Aramaic, which are the most reliable source because they are isolated from outside influences (e.g., Greece for the Greek translation and Rome for the Latin translation).
This direct translation has helped to eliminate the confusion and misunderstandings which have occurred from the secondhand translations of the Holy Scriptures (i.e., from Aramaic to Greek/Latin and then to English).
Written in clear and concise English, this version of the Holy Scriptures is more easily understandable than other versions (King James Version, New International Version, etc.)
For example, compare these different versions of Mark 15:34:
KJV
...My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
NIV
...My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Lamsa Version
...My God, my God, for this I was spared!
In the Lamsa version, it is clear that God did not forsake Jesus, as God would never forsake His Son. In other versions, however, it seems as if Jesus felt that God had forsaken Him, which is not true because God never forsook His Son.
I recommend this version of the Holy Scriptures to anyone interested in better understanding the Bible or for comparison with other versions. The Lamsa translation has certainly helped me a lot in studying the Bible.

A Rush Of Blood To The Head
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Coldplay, they are definitely not playing cold., 1 Sep 2002
One certainly can call this album the successor of their previous album 'Parachutes'. Not only this album meets their fans expectation, in fact they've exceeded it. This album shows how the band put their deeper and careful thoughts into making each of the songs to its perfection. Their hard work to overcome the pressure to produce equivalent caliber of their previous excellent album is simply amazing. They clearly show their ability to mature and produce even better album and lived up to their excellence.
I hardly come across an album where I did not skip songs when listening to the album for the first time. This album contains one good song after another. From the beginning to the end one can fully appreciate the beauty of the melody blends fabulously with the deep and poetic lyrics. One can easily relate and experience living the meaning of the lyrics on each song. In fact one can certainly feel the pain and frustration in the song 'The Scientist'. 'Politik' is another one where you can feel one's craving of a better life in this world, which we all share. When you listen to 'Clocks' you can truly appreciate the type of desperation behind the lyrics where one wants to save something good in their life. The melody supports the meaning of the lyrics to its reality. I personally feel that this song carries some traces of 'The Police' and 'U2'. It's simply superb. There is more to it in this album such as 'Daylight', 'Warning Sign' and 'Amsterdam'.
It's very common that a band will release one of their best songs from their new album to catch the consumer's attention. In Coldplay's case, 'In My Place' was simply their snapshot of what a great album they are about release.
This is the first time ever I wrote a review for an album, I truly feel that this album deserves it.