ARRAY(0xb33724b0)

Profile for B. Taylor > Reviews

Content by B. Taylor

B. Taylor "benjamtaylor" (Gloucestershire. UK)

Gorilla Sports Weight Bench with 100Kg Vinyl Complete Weight Set
Gorilla Sports Weight Bench with 100Kg Vinyl Complete Weight Set
Offered by Gorilla Sports UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight, it's good!, 13 Dec 2013
Really good delivery time, although the bench is out of stock until Jan 2014. But good contact from Gorilla about this.

Actually ordered through their own website, can't have Amazon having all the fun now can we.

The bars are really really solid, look and feel better than the Virgin gyms I used to use.

The weights are good, they're vinyl so feel a bit cheaper than the more expensive rubber ones, but all in all, they're weights and they are heavy so they do their job.

For the price, even though I haven't used the bench yet, I am happy with what I have got.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 7:10 PM GMT

Navman S100 Satellite Navigation System
Navman S100 Satellite Navigation System

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item., 5 Aug 2010
Simple; Navman S100, don't buy it.

I used this to drive to Manchester, put the postcode in fine, calculated the mileage, (no time function by the way), set off from Gloucester, the Navman instructed me: "drive for 100 miles to Junction 21A".

Those of you with geographical knowledge must realise that this entails more than one driving procedure.
It gradually counted down the miles on the M5 and then M6 at 10 mile intervals, not once did it tell me to stay on the M6 after the M5.

Luckily I roughly knew where I was going but it was god damn useless.

As the other reviews, it barely recognises postcodes, even on houses that are well established, not new estates etc.

Another reason not to buy this is because you cannot upgrade the maps.

Batterly life is fine and looks good. But to use, which most people do whilst driving, which we know is illegal, you would more than likely crash into the central reservation trying to work the supposedly simple touch screen.

Just Cause (PS2)
Just Cause (PS2)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a comparison on GTA, 27 Sep 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Just Cause (PS2) (Video Game)
I love GTA, I bought Just Cause after reading several different reviews on various websites saying it was superb compared to the GTA series.

I've only played it for 5 hours and I disagree.

GTA is fun to play and in its vastness it is still a well detailed thought out game. Even with its simple graphics, Just Cause appears to have tried too hard. I am a big GTA fan and whether I am far too obsessed, perhaps Just Cause would be better for those that weren't so enthralled as I was with the series.

The main character runs around like a clown and the driving is lame and jelly-like compared to GTA.

Anyway the cut scenes are clever and obviously better than GTA's block people but then what do I know.

Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas Platinum†(PS2)
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas Platinum†(PS2)
Offered by findprice

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game in the history of mankind, 20 Mar 2006
This game is superb. I've completed it, well kind of, and I can safely say I will play it again and again.
Once you learn to fly you get the true feel for the size of the game, to fly from one airport to the other on the other side of the "fake" towns and countrysides, can take upto 5-10 minutes, it can take even longer if you decide to jump out and parachute onto the nearest unsuspecting hill billy...
If you only buy one game ever again, buy this one.
GTA Liberty City Stories is out this year for the PS2 but apparently it isn't a patch on this.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Offered by Musicland Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars San Andreas - Super Hype, 4 Nov 2004
This game is good, however the video sequences let it down. I was one of the few that enjoyed Driv3r simply because the video sequences were life like and were sometime difficult to differentiate between computer generated imagery and real images.
San Andreas sadly lacks this with the cut scenes which seem to be every 5 minutes and look very block like and basic for such a ranted about game, however the game being so big and the use of memory could be the reason for this.
So what you get to change clothes and eat food, that just gets annoying as it takes ages with all of the going in and out of the clothing shops and restaurants and cut scenes.
The gameplay is great, its just a shame this game has been hyped so much when really its just an average game...