Profile for Sophie477 > Reviews

Content by Sophie477

Sophie477

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ankle support, but do not expect miracles!, 23 May 2011
I am very pleased with this support! I need to walk alot in my job and after an ankle injury, my hospital gave me a 'tubi-grip' for my ankle. The 'tubi-grip' just wasn't providing me with enough support. My colleague then recommended the Vulkan Support. I found the Vulkan Support to be far, far better as it's stronger and thicker. I felt alot more confident walking around, getting on and off trains, up and down stairs etc.

I also bought a soft shoe/pump as my foot felt uncomfortable in my hard office shoes. I bought the pumps half a size larger because of the thickness of the support, the hot summer heat and the swelling around my ankle (If you have no swelling, then you should be fine).

The support is fairly lightweight and ideal for sprains. I use it for brisk walking, going to work, driving, gardening, shopping etc but I do not think that it is suitable for anything more than this, e.g. running.
If you wish to use this support for sport, then I would say that it is ideal if you are fully recovered from your injury, but you still have weakness in the ankle. In most cases, people experimence long-term weakness in the ankle if they have ever torn ligaments or fractured it. I'm sure that anyone with milder injuries such as twists or sprains would not have any long-term effects.

However, for those who have fractured their ankle or torn the ligaments, you'll notice that your foot may become very stiff in the winter months. My ankle tends to become stiff first thing in the morning. This ankle support is perfect for providing warmth to the area as well as support, as my foot becomes less flexible in the cold weather. Overall, a good quality product worth buying!

PMS Seat Solution
PMS Seat Solution

5.0 out of 5 stars No more winter worries...I'm ready for the snow!, 17 May 2011
This review is from: PMS Seat Solution (Kitchen & Home)
My friend recommended these crampons to me after I twice slipped on the ice and injured my back (not to mention, crushing my weekly shopping!) Now I can truly say that the crampons have given me back my confidence to walk in the snow and icy weather conditions.

The crampons are great for general shopping and walking around your local high street. However, they are not easy to pull on and off. This is a problem when you want to enter shops. You should not wear the crampons indoors because this will damage indoor flooring (carpets and hard floors).

It takes a few attempts to figure out how best to fit the crampon to your shoe. I ended up putting them on the wrong way round. Also, the type of shoe or boot you wear influences how easy or hard it is to pull over your footwear. However, once they are on, they are very secure. You also need to slightly change the way you walk (especially on the ice). You should put your entire foot flat down on the ice for a better grip.

The crampons are sized for shoes, not boots. If you wish to wear them over boots, I would suggest buying a larger size. The crampons are only suitable for general walking to the shops or work. You will feel safe when you walk. However, I do think that investing in a pair of snow boots (the hiking type) is far better than the crampon as they can be worn indoors (esp. good when shopping) as well as outdoors. Also, hard floors and pavement (without snow and ice) will eventually wear out the spikes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 3:15 PM GMT

Snow & Ice Grips For High Heeled Shoes
Snow & Ice Grips For High Heeled Shoes
Offered by Betterware Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for those Christmas/New Year Parties!, 13 May 2011
I purchased the grips and used them with my high heels on probably the worst ice we had last winter!

On the way to a Christmas party, my friends (in flat boots!) were slipping all over the place. However, my feet stayed firmly on the ground, and I felt confident in making it from my car, down the pavement and driveway into the house without slipping once!

The grips should be worn further back than in the picture though, else they'll come off.
Also, you'll find that the stiletto heel (at the back) will slip about a little, but the grip will ensure that you don't fall down as the middle of the shoe (with the grip) keeps the foot firmly in place on the ice.

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to wear heels for a short period of time in the ice (e.g from your parked car to a party venue etc) and doesnt want to carry their boots in their hands.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2011 10:31 PM GMT

Grip Tight Anti-slip soles for High heels & stiletto Shoes Boots
Grip Tight Anti-slip soles for High heels & stiletto Shoes Boots
Offered by Shoe Butler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but not recommended for ice!, 12 May 2011
I am very pleased with this item. I have previously sprained my ankle, so I am wary of slipping on floors and injuring myself again. This product is good for slippery indoor and outdoor surfaces, but NOT suitable for ice. It's great for high heels that have a slippery sole. I definitely feel more confident in walking around with these under my shoes. For icy surfaces, try the black and yellow coloured ice grips for high heels, also available from Amazon.

Slendertone Women's System Abs Toning Belt
Slendertone Women's System Abs Toning Belt

5.0 out of 5 stars Results within 2 weeks!, 12 May 2011
I purchased the Slendertone belt as I found the weight around my stomach area harder to shift with age. I am fairly active but I was never able to get rid of my flabby waist. Within 2 weeks of using it, my stomach started to feel tighter!

I use it 3-5 times a week, and I am now on level 6. I replace the pads every month. There are often good offers available on the replacement pads. I use the belt when I am watching my favourite television programmes. It makes me feel as though I am 'working out' whilst watching my favourite soap operas!

You need to use the belt regularly. If I dont use it for a week, I see the weight piling back on my stomach. This product won't make you slim as it only concentrates on the stomach area. I highly recommend this product to anyone who exercises regularly but still finds it hard to shift that tummy bulge.

Scholl Footcare - Party Feet Gel Cushions
Scholl Footcare - Party Feet Gel Cushions

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for high heels, especially in summer!, 10 May 2011
I am a big fan of this product! I used to have a burning sensation under my feet if I walked too much. I also had the pain if I drove too much as I have a manual car. Thanks to these Gel Cushions, I have never had that problem again.

Also, they are perfect for high heels that do not have a good grip i.e. open back high heels (as shown in the picture), or heels that have a flimsy strap. This is because the gel gives your foot inside a better grip and holds it in place. I find that my feet stay in place with high heeled strapped shoes in summer, a time when the feet tend to get hot and slip about inside, especially when the shoe doesnt have support at the front, back or sides (again see Gel Cushion picture for an example). I highly recommend this product!

Reebok Deluxe Fitness Mat
Reebok Deluxe Fitness Mat
Offered by edype

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Exercise Mat!, 9 May 2011
This review is from: Reebok Deluxe Fitness Mat (Misc.)
I have tried many exercise mats over the years and this certainly beats them all!
I have found other mats to be too thin and hurt my back when doing sit-ups. This mat is perfect! I had been looking for a thicker mat for some time and had been very disappointed with several previous purchases. The Reebok mat has just the right thickness. It easily folds away too. It's great for carrying around or storing away at home when not in use as it easily rolls up. The straps are strong and hard-wearing. I would definitely recommend this item.

Thighmaster / Thigh trainer / Master / Exercise / Exerciser / Toner / Inner Thighs
Offered by Electro World

3.0 out of 5 stars You'll definitely see the results but be prepared to regularly replace!, 7 May 2011
I have used this thighmaster as well as the original Suzanne Somers thighmaster from the U.S. Although this isn't the original thighmaster (as advertised by Susanne Somers in the 1990s), you'll definitely see the results if used regularly. The only problem is that this item will not last very long. It will eventally come apart. I'd say that you would need to replace it every three months. The original thighmaster has the same problem too! Also, this thighmaster will only tone up your inner thighs, not outer. There is a U.S version that is available for outer thighs, but you will be hit with extortionate Customs charges if you buy it online from the States.