Profile for lawrenceball@planettree.demon.co.uk > Reviews

lawrenceball@planettree.demon.co.uk (London,UK)

Sensitive Chaos: Creation of Flowing Forms in Water and Air
Sensitive Chaos: Creation of Flowing Forms in Water and Air
by Theodore Schwenk

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic - relationship between nature and feminine maths, 12 Dec 2000
Schwenk's book is to me a landmark achievement, many years ahead of all books on fractals, on exploring the fluid forms of air, water and living things, not least of which is through finely calibrated choices of photographs. Perhaps benefitting from Rudolf Steiner's intuitive and spiritual approach to science, the book is wonderful from everything from scholastic and in-depth study of nature's forms to pre-bedtime reverie. I can't praise this book sufficiently.

The Subtleties and the Exploits of Mulla Nasrudin: Two Volumes in One
The Subtleties and the Exploits of Mulla Nasrudin: Two Volumes in One
by Idries Shah

5.0 out of 5 stars Nasrudin- humour,profundity and a wise combination of them., 7 April 2000
Nasrudin I recommend to anyone who has a sense of humour which is more than superficial. I have bought this book for many young people (and older ones) as I feel it is really healthy mind fodder- it is lighthearted concentration which is so rare and so essential for both our education and our society, (which so often is either strain or collapse- not a deeply happy mindfulness). I cannot recommend this double and the other single Nasrudin book highly enough. Buy it also for all your friends, students, associates and relatives!