Profile for Neil G. Pettie > Reviews

Content by Neil G. Pettie

Neil G. Pettie (Edinburgh, Scotland)

One Summer: America 1927
One Summer: America 1927

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 13 Oct. 2014
I'm a big Bryson fan but found this book very disappointing. it's full of ponderous detail, particularly relating to baseball which is a subject in which most British people will have no interest whatsoever and even with his story of Lindberg he goes into such detail that he seems to be trying to impress his readers with his in-depth knowledge rather than entertain them.

Samsung HW-H355 2.1 Channel Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Samsung HW-H355 2.1 Channel Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by gadget-south-side

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment! The ad, 4 Oct. 2014
What a disappointment! The ad. on Amazon said I would be able to connect wirelessly via bluetooth. I have a newish (less than 12 months old) plasma Samsung but it doesn't have bluetooth.
What's more, the cables supplied were not adequate and when I contacted Samsung they advised to buy an optical cable but the cables I saw on Amazon were not compatible with either my TV or the soundbar. Add to this, I tried to play my iPod through the soundbar and it wouldn't play. I reckon I must have a duff piece of kit judging by all the rave reviews it has had.

iBoutique® 30W Bayonet (B22) Daylight Energy Saving Light Bulb Equivalent Output 150 Watts (Full Spectrum) Great For SAD Sufferers, Snooker, Pool, Hobbies, Crafts, Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer care, 28 Aug. 2014
I was most impressed by this company. The first item was defective and without any quibble they immediately supplied a replacement which is wonderful.

The Book of Souls (The Inspector McLean Mysteries 2)
The Book of Souls (The Inspector McLean Mysteries 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting read, 5 Oct. 2013
This is the second of his books that I've read and I look forward to the next. I love the mixture of crime fiction supernatural . Oswald is an accomplished writer nd we'll worth a read.

DIGIFLEX Stylish Black Soft Faux Leather Cover Stand Case for Apple iPad 2 (All Models)
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Top service, 20 Jan. 2012
I originally (and wrongly) gave this merchant a bad review due to a mix up on my part but the service was super and they were most understanding about my faux pas.

Master Class in Water Media: Techniques in Traditional and Experimental Painting
by Edward Betts

5.0 out of 5 stars Master class in watermedia, 12 July 2008
Master Class in Watermedia by Edward Betts is without doubt the best book of its kind that I have ever encountered. If you're looking to free up your painting style this book is brim-full of exciting tips and ideas. I have improved beyond recognition as a result of applying his creative techniques.