Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Kim" (Devon)

Page: 1 | 2
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack / Deluxe Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars As great as the book, 10 April 2014
As brilliant as the film. This really captures the written word for me. Gritty, quality entertainment at its best! I am sure Susan Collins got to contribute to the production of this or the director was a big fan of the book.

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not work and eat your batteries..., 20 Feb. 2014
To make my point that these don't work...I found a cat poo about 1/2m in front of the unit! The unit eats the batteries as well, in a week or so they were flat. They reccomend buying a mains adapter and plugging in but this is hardly practical and looking at the adapter they offer, I doubt very robust, left out in all weathers. Having tried everythig now, I have resigned myself to getting the shovel and plastic bag and clearing the stuff every few days. To any cat owners out their reading this - I know I'm deluding myself that they would be reviewing a cat deterrant! - you are the most ant-social people I know and ruin other peoples outside spaces. I truly believe you should pay a cat tax to help fund the clearing up of what your little darlings deposit in other peoples private gardens!

Modern Vampires of the City
Modern Vampires of the City

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!, 20 Feb. 2014
A great and eagerly waited return from this band that doesn't disappoint. They have really matured which is a good thing and some of the songs made me stop what I was doing and just listen...pure joy!

Love Me Again (Live At The Battersea Arts Centre, London / 2013)
Love Me Again (Live At The Battersea Arts Centre, London / 2013)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 20 Feb. 2014
I bought this with very high expectations so perrhaps set myself up a bit. There are some truly epic songs on here but tere are also some forgettable ones too. The production is great and John Newman's voice is awsome so worth buying for this reason alone.

Book Marketing is Dead: Book Promotion Secrets You MUST Know BEFORE You Publish Your Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have read on the subject to date, 20 Feb. 2014
I bought this book as the description resonated with some of my recent thoughts on book marketing, having been trying to market my own self-published book for a few months now, with no success. Within the first few paragraphs I realised what I had been doing so far was completely wrong, and had made up my mind to change my whole strategy. That in itself was worth the price of the book (which was very reasonable at the time I bought this, Feb 2014). Derek tells it like it is, he doesn't mince his words, he is really honest and reminds you of what many of us have forgotten in this selfish, self-promoting 'social' world we now live in; that relationships still count and there are no shortcuts to gaining meaningful and valuable (not always in the monetry sense!) FB friends, Twitter/Pintrest followers. Even if though they are virtual to us, they do exist somewhere (well some of them do, which is another aspect this book teases out!). Bottom line is that if the product isn't up to scratch, then don't market anything! Even though this is a well known golden rule in marketing, and I already knew it, Derek brings this home in his great writing style, and in particular to the self-published indie author, who, lets face it, is about as objective about their book, that they've invested a large chunk of their life in, as they are about their children - I know this from personal, first hand experience! Derek gets you to think first, long and hard, about the product you intend to market, and gets you to SEE it from the viewpoint of your market, your potential readers. He gets you asking 'why would someone want to...help me promote my book...look at my website....look at my sales page on amazon...read my tweets...like my facebook page...download my book....nevermind even give me several hours of their time to read my book - even if its free...time is valuable to people, probably the most valuable commodity we have, living in the Western world!

I apreciate I've written a lot and possibly evangelized a bit (probably shouldn't write a review when you are still buzzing about a book you've read!) but I will finish with this. If you are serious about becoming a self-published author, then you should make the small investment in time and money to buy and read this book!

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A great solution to avoid costly hard wiring, 29 Jan. 2014
These are the second pair of these that I have bought and do the job admirably, allowing us to connect the Wii to iplayer without having to hard wire a network cable which would have been costly. It does sometimes drop out and needs to be switched off and aon again - that old IT great!

All The Little Lights
All The Little Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album if not great, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: All The Little Lights (Audio CD)
I bought this as loved the main hit Let Her Go so was happy to find some other good songs on here. I don't feel though it is an album's worth of great songs as some sound a bit like fillers to me.

Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded)
Harry Potter Film Wizardry (Revised and expanded)
by Brian Sibley

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely companion to the films, 29 Jan. 2014
My daughter got this for Christmas from us and really adored it. It covers all of the films and brings the much loved story to life.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Nintendo DS)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for all LOR fans old and young alike!, 29 Jan. 2014
This is a great game capturing all 3 films in the way that only Lego can. It has kept my son entertained for hours!

Air Storm Z-Ammo Refills
Air Storm Z-Ammo Refills
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Top toy!, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Air Storm Z-Ammo Refills (Toy)
My son had one of these for Christmas from his grandparents and loves it! I bought him these refills but to be honest they don't go missing as they are quite large. Although we tell him not to aim it at anyone they are pretty safe should an accident occur.

Page: 1 | 2