Profile for Unbeliever > Reviews

The Cape: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vinnie Jones
Price: 10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Too little too late, 25 Mar 2013
This had great potential as a series and I watched it with a fair amount of hope - after episode 4 I skipped past a couple just to see if it moved on - it was just too slow!!

Once the story moved past the whiny mopey 'everything sucks' phase it became quite enjoyable - fun, action packed and with good story lines. It's just a shame it started so slowly - it's no doubt the reason the show got cancelled. If I'd had to wait about 6 weeks for a show to get good I'd have given up as well.

Thankfully I could watch this in one go and because I could skip a bit I can rate it on it's later episodes - which were actually quite good. It's just a shame it will only be as good as the shows it put out - half of which were painful.

Punt And Dennis: The Imaginatively Titled Punt And Dennis Video [DVD]
Punt And Dennis: The Imaginatively Titled Punt And Dennis Video [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Punt

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost gem, 28 Jun 2011
Whilst Punt and Dennis still work together on radio their TV show is a great loss. It's impossible to watch world of wine without laughing. Who can forget the milk sniffing 'eccentric' and the pint sized jockies. A fantastic collection and an absolute bargain. A must buy.

'I shall be sick as a dog in the morning....'

Egypt
Egypt
by D. Taylor
Price: 5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A postcard from egypt, 4 Mar 2009
This review is from: Egypt (Paperback)
Well that was money well wasted. We purchased this book to tell us what to expect from our long awaited holiday to Egypt. I picked it up the other day to give myself some background. It's a wonder the book was ever printed. There are descriptions of the tea, the food with other people, and even a little cliffhanger that mentions breakfast - "but more about that later". The only thing missing from the end of each chapter was "Wish you were here".
I thought Amazon made a typing error when they said it was 56 pages long. I was right - it was 46. (10 of which are taken up by grainy tourist snaps, and as the content begins on page 7, thats only 29 pages of "content")
When you read a book like this you expect descriptions, metaphores, similies - basic tools of the trade by which to excite your imagination and build your anticipation for the trip of a life time. I've come away feeling like cancelling my holiday if the only thing that can be said about a 3000 year old monument is it's "...big... huge... gigantic"
If you're taking kids let them read it. There is after all a hint of childish wonderment about it all.
Only catch is that I think I spent more time writing this review than the author did